Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 2 Thread

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

That's the thing about week 1, no frame of reference....now we know Seattle's offense is poor, and that Jacksonville D are not the 85 Bears.

Hopefully Rodgers will be able to hang with the Falcons to make it competitive.

He'll need to use this, the way that first drive went:

Konami_Code_-_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Ty Sambraillo is quite possibly the worst O lineman in the NFL. I couldn't believe the Falcons gave up anything to get him, as I'm sure he would've cleared waivers. Keep an eye on him, he will be a huge weak spot on the line for the Falcons.

Great job answering back, and I'm a little stunned with the stop... but delighted all the same! We need to build on this and put Ryan in a hole to dig out of. The line (so far) doing very well considering the circumstances.

Green Bay will have to get more pressure on Ryan - Matthews just got him, but when he has time he is carving up that GB pass D.

Green Bay will have to get more pressure on Ryan - Matthews just got him, but when he has time he is carving up that GB pass D.

It's largely Julio raping Dom "off coverage" Capers so far, we're lucky to be in a position to make this a three point game by the half. Have to admit I've been pretty impressed with the line so far all things considered. Going to be nodding off at the half though and catching the highlights tomorrow.

• Advertisement

hopefully it'll stay close or I will be nodding off too.

hopefully it'll stay close or I will be nodding off too.

Two minute warnings are where Capers' defenses typically really... sigh... excel. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

It's always dangerous business heading away to bed on the basis that the Falcons are well on top.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Billy86 wrote: »
    It's funny how good your defense is that you guys take it for granted. :p

Offensively very underwhelming, but your defense really is pretty excellent - last week too.

And the titans offense hasn't been great. It could be another low scoring game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

And the titans offense hasn't been great. It could be another low scoring game

Yay....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The loss of both OTs really hurt Green Bay. There seemed to be a lot of OL penalties.

The loss of both OTs really hurt Green Bay. There seemed to be a lot of OL penalties.

Especially considering both our third and fourth choice OTs were out too... it's amazing how consistently we get slammed with injuries at one position all at once, and typically it's wherever we come into the season a little thin at (as every team comes into the season a little thin in at least 1-2 spots). Like you said, the penalties showed, especially Rodgers' hard count stuff that is usually so effective working against us a young/new guys on our side were getting caught out by it.

Don't know how much of it was Atlanta taking the foot off, but the scoreline at least suggests the second half was a good deal more competitive. Not really too down on last night, as soon as our first, second, third and fourth choice tackles were ruled out. Penalties aside, the line did reasonably well under the circumstances I thought.

If you could put money on a Packers lineman to get injured before Sunday somewhere though, you should take it. Probably Linsley nearly getting hit by a truck only to dodge it and have a brick fall out of a tree (as bricks do) and break his foot. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Praying for a much improved performance from the Giants tonight

Much improved=Put something together damn it!!!!!!

A lot may rest on ODB, don't know about their defense since Palmer seems done & David Johnson is out but the Lions offense looked very good last week against the Cardinals.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,445 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I just saw on total access them showing a clip of zek Elliot not exactly busting his backside to chase down chris Harris after an INT in last nights game. From a visual standpoint it looks shocking. He just walks the opposite way.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Watching the build up on ESPN. My Christ Randy Moss is impossible to listen to.

Edit: Half an hour later, and I have to say, the entire ESPN pregame show is a monumental bag of ****e. Its actually tortuous television.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Texans v Bengals
    Patriots v Saints
    Bills v Panthers
    Vikings v Steelers
    Bears v Buccaneers
    Cardinals v Colts
    Browns V Ravens
    Eagles v Chiefs
    Titans v Jaguars
    Jets v Raiders
    Dolphins v Chargers
    Cowboys v Broncos
    49ers v Seahawks
    Redskins v Rams
    Packers v Falcons
    Lions v Giants

11-5 this week, 18-13 overall a couple of throw away games there let my picks down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Texans v Bengals
    Patriots v Saints
    Bills v Panthers
    Vikings v Steelers
    Bears v Buccaneers
    Cardinals v Colts
    Browns V Ravens
    Eagles v Chiefs
    Titans v Jaguars
    Jets v Raiders
    Dolphins v Chargers
    Cowboys v Broncos
    49ers v Seahawks
    Redskins v Rams
    Packers v Falcons
    Lions v Giants

10-6 for the week

22-9 overall

• Registered Users Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

paulie21 wrote: »
    Texans v Bengals
    Patriots v Saints
    Bills v Panthers
    Vikings v Steelers
    Bears v Buccaneers
    Cardinals v Colts
    Browns V Ravens
    Eagles v Chiefs
    Titans v Jaguars
    Jets v Raiders
    Dolphins v Chargers
    Cowboys v Broncos
    49ers v Seahawks
    Redskins v Rams
    Packers v Falcons
    Lions v Giants

11-5. 18-13 on season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I just saw on total access them showing a clip of zek Elliot not exactly busting his backside to chase down chris Harris after an INT in last nights game. From a visual standpoint it looks shocking. He just walks the opposite way.

Yep - once the Broncos D showed that they could stop the Dallas running game Elliot appeared to give up. For a guy who is touted as the bees knees of RBs - 8 yards in a game is pretty poor production.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

L.S.F wrote: »
    Texans v Bengals
    Patriots v Saints
    Bills v Panthers
    Vikings v Steelers
    Bears v Buccaneers
    Cardinals v Colts
    Browns V Ravens
    Eagles v Chiefs
    Titans v Jaguars
    Jets v Raiders
    Dolphins v Chargers
    Cowboys v Broncos
    49ers v Seahawks
    Redskins v Rams
    Packers v Falcons
    Lions v Giant

Want the Titans to push on for playoffs this season, huge match in week 2 already! Will be sat in front of the TV from 4pm till the early hours with live sport :)

Only Pack & Cowboys wrong, 14-2 for the week, 23-8 overall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

conor222 wrote: »
    10 and 5 so far:

Texans v Bengals
    Patriots v Saints
    Bills v Panthers
    Vikings v Steelers
    Bears v Buccaneers
    Cardinals v Colts
    Browns V Ravens
    Eagles v Chiefs