Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi A1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Still waiting for my pie update. Have many received it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,505 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Still waiting for my pie update. Have many received it?

Updated mine just before Christmas, had to go into settings and check for update.

Been checking daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Been checking daily.

I haven't got it and I check daily. Maybe it's to do with the country of origin of the handset?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

I got a notification while out in town that pie was available,so I thought, cool I'll download when I get home. When I did the update had disappeared...

• Advertisement

parttime wrote:
    I got a notification while out in town that pie was available,so I thought, cool I'll download when I get home. When I did the update had disappeared...

Still no sign here..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sok2005

parttime wrote: »

Same issue here, it's popped up on my screen a few times and when I click to install it says I'm up to date, last update 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

From reading on XDA I believe there are issues with the update so it was probably pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Got the update on my handset last week, MI A1 International version from Banggood.com. Have had no issues so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Xiaomi MI A1 screen protector.

Could somebody recommend one please

• Advertisement

Still no pie...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I got the update to pie on 23 December, I have no 4G since. There is some big cock up with the update so assuming it was pulled for the rest of you, I believe Band 20 is gone and I am stuck on H+ since the update. Not so nice..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Just checked this morning and the Pie update is there :D

Just checked this morning and the Pie update is there :D

Same here! But after reading above I'm afraid to install it :eek:

Ah feck it!!!..... Here goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Apparently, there's a Jan 5th Security patch out now, has fixed the 4g issue some have been having. It doesn't appear to be out in Ireland yet though.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,129 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The Guinea pigs can let us know how they get on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Same here! But after reading above I'm afraid to install it :eek:

why? what is wrong with the update?
    I did it.....seems fine so far....

Update installed. Not sure if my data is as good now. Before it used to say 3g and that is as good as I could get. I'm with Lyca. Now it says H+. Are they the same? I have the fm radio alright which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Apparently, there's a Jan 5th Security patch out now, has fixed the 4g issue some have been having. It doesn't appear to be out in Ireland yet though.

Got this patch this morning, 72mb or there abouts. I had no issues with 4G to begin with but installed and the phone is fine to my eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,505 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Before it used to say 3g and that is as good as I could get. I'm with Lyca. Now it says H+. Are they the same?.

https://support.freedompop.com/app/featured/answer/id/3238

updated today, havent tried its outside of wifi area yet to check 4g... however....

the very first thing i noticed was pie put the google search ribbon on my homepage.
    it pushes all my widgets up which clogs the screen and hides the wall paper, and i hate a fussy clumsy homepage.
    the text on the home page also appears larger than previously which is not nice.

i cant seem to be able to get rid of this google search bar.

ive disabled it and it reverted to teh factory search bar which is just a black strip.
    its not obviously possible to drag it to a remove option
    and it does appear to be there as a widget either.

any suggestions??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

sydthebeat wrote: »
    updated today, havent tried its outside of wifi area yet to check 4g... however....

the very first thing i noticed was pie put the google search ribbon on my homepage.
    it pushes all my widgets up which clogs the screen and hides the wall paper, and i hate a fussy clumsy homepage.
    the text on the home page also appears larger than previously which is not nice.

i cant seem to be able to get rid of this google search bar.

ive disabled it and it reverted to teh factory search bar which is just a black strip.
    its not obviously possible to drag it to a remove option
    and it does appear to be there as a widget either.

any suggestions??
    Nova Launcher?

You can make your own homepage exactly how you want, put in the search ribbon anywhere (or totally remove it, or change it to just a little pill on the side of the screen or whatever you like really)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Just checked and found the update available. Downloading now.

Don't need the FM Radio so might throw it up on Adverts.

:pac:

Feck this stupid search bar. Why the hell isn't it movable?

Do not want. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Feck this stupid search bar. Why the hell isn't it movable?

Do not want. :(

Install a launcher.

Tried the Microsoft launcher... Hated it.

I'll try the nova one soon

Patww79 wrote: »
    Install a launcher.

Yeah, shouldn't have to though.

So it looks like using a launcher is the only way to get rid of the crappy search bar (even making it see through looks sh1t)

Having played with a few, evie launcher is my fav, and closest to the default pie quickstep launcher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Is 4g back working?

Advertisement