Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭forumdedum

I really want to buy the Titanium Apple Watch 5 but it's not for sale in Ireland. Any idea's where I could buy this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

forumdedum wrote: »
    I really want to buy the Titanium Apple Watch 5 but it's not for sale in Ireland. Any idea's where I could buy this please?

Uk and get it in via parcel motel/address pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'd recommend Parcel Wizard too, same price but deliver to any address.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

murpho999 wrote: »
    I'd recommend Parcel Wizard too, same price but deliver to any address.

Or OP could visit Belfast and pick one up in the Apple Store there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

I’m unsure if I’m breaking rules here but

I am selling Apple Watch series 5 GPS Space Grey black sport band 44mm

Sealed and one year Apple warranty - corporate gift but I already have one.

So if someone is looking to dive into the unknown and fancies saving €100 over RRP it’s yours. PM me.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much for that. Never used parcel motel before but looks good.

iniall wrote: »
    Or OP could visit Belfast and pick one up in the Apple Store there.

They only have the stainless steel in stock. Lovely watch too of course.

forumdedum wrote: »
    They only have the stainless steel in stock. Lovely watch too of course.

Really? That's disappointing.

Hope you fare better with Parcel Motel...

iniall wrote: »
    Really? That's disappointing.

Hope you fare better with Parcel Motel...

Guy in shop said Titanium would have to be ordered in. So using the Parcel Motel recommendation from London store it would be 28 February before arriving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone recommend any good 3rd party straps? Particularly a milanese loop one

• Advertisement

What’s the quality like? I’d be worried about the straps breaking and watch falling off and getting damaged!

I got this for my series 5 last month. It was £8 at the time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0829SGPM4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just wanted to see what the Milanese loop was like without splurging. It looks ok, but it has a habit of slipping slightly every so often, which feels a little like a notification from the watch, so that's put me off.

I guess you get what you pay for, as my grandmother used to say!

Will have a go at a sport loop next, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,710 ✭✭✭ablelocks

What’s the quality like? I’d be worried about the straps breaking and watch falling off and getting damaged!

quality is fine, particularly the steel band. The loop one does slip ocassionally so i did find I was tigthening the band more often.

I couldn't justify the price of the apply branded straps so these are a much better option and if i ever see a different band I like I can just buy it. thinking of getting a leather one next.,..

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

The first apple watch I had was the Stainless Steel and it was great for resisting scratches, my current one is the S4 aluminium and it is covered in scratches despite me 'looking after it'. I know the screen components are different but it would put me off the aluminium one in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Looking for some help here. My watch has started throwing mad spikes in heart rate the last couple of days, just an anomaly I hope.

Yesterday :

1.29pm : 81bpm
    1.32pm : 205bpm
    1.38pm : 56bpm
    2.05pm : 185bpm
    2.07pm : 76bpm

Today:

7.23am : 71bpm
    7.24am : 180bpm
    7.24am : 154bpm
    7.27am : 78bpm
    9.54am : 81bpm
    9.57am : 185bpm
    10.00am : 65bpm

They just seems a bit mad and off the charts. I'm gonna try reset watch and repair with phone.
    I should say none of the recordings were doing any physical activity. They were either in work at desk or in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Looking for some help here. My watch has started throwing mad spikes in heart rate the last couple of days, just an anomaly I hope.

Yesterday :

1.29pm : 81bpm
    1.32pm : 205bpm
    1.38pm : 56bpm
    2.05pm : 185bpm
    2.07pm : 76bpm

Today:

7.23am : 71bpm
    7.24am : 180bpm
    7.24am : 154bpm
    7.27am : 78bpm
    9.54am : 81bpm
    9.57am : 185bpm
    10.00am : 65bpm

They just seems a bit mad and off the charts. I'm gonna try reset watch and repair with phone.
    I should say none of the recordings were doing any physical activity. They were either in work at desk or in the car

What generation watch is it? Do you have anything to check it against?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

embraer170 wrote: »
    What generation watch is it? Do you have anything to check it against?

It’s a 4th gen watch. I didn’t check against my phone app as I just noticed it after the event on the watches historical readings .

I have reset watch to factory settings and repaired. I will keep eye on it

I was just about to start a thread asking this but I seen this top of the page and I’ll ask here (probably been covered but the thread is huge).

Thinking about getting a watch. Never used an Apple Watch before (I’m on my first iPhone) so was looking at the series 3 and not the 5 as the money for the 5 would mean I’m really tying myself to Apple for the foreseeable. Is the series 3 worth buying now or would I be just wasting 200-250 quid getting one?
    Also, why is there no series 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

I was just about to start a thread asking this but I seen this top of the page and I’ll ask here (probably been covered but the thread is huge).

Thinking about getting a watch. Never used an Apple Watch before (I’m on my first iPhone) so was looking at the series 3 and not the 5 as the money for the 5 would mean I’m really tying myself to Apple for the foreseeable. Is the series 3 worth buying now or would I be just wasting 200-250 quid getting one?
    Also, why is there no series 4?

Series 4 was taken out when the S5 was released. S4 is basically the exact same watch as S5 but without the AOD and compass features.
    S4 can still be bought A grade at CEX for instance (i have one myself and love it).

• Advertisement

I’d only buy a series 3 and up to be honest, I had an series 2 and god it was slow and took it back and got a series 3 and I’m very happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,710 ✭✭✭ablelocks

ablelocks wrote: »
    Got a notification on my phone this morning to get 12 months free Apple TV- I’ve only bought the watch recently so maybe we can get it? Haven’t had a chance to try it again yet though

got the notification again last thurs, ipad mini 2 telling me that my time to avail of free apple tv was nearly up. this time, I signed up there and then and have free appletv until 5th Mar 2021. I only bought an apple watch series 5 last october, and they told me that i wasn't eligible for the offer back then. I suspect they've dropped some of their t's and c's in order to get the subscription numbers up....or it's a mistake again...

might be worth checking out for anyone that got a watch...

ablelocks wrote: »
    got the notification again last thurs, ipad mini 2 telling me that my time to avail of free apple tv was nearly up. this time, I signed up there and then and have free appletv until 5th Mar 2021. I only bought an apple watch series 5 last october, and they told me that i wasn't eligible for the offer back then. I suspect they've dropped some of their t's and c's in order to get the subscription numbers up....or it's a mistake again...

might be worth checking out for anyone that got a watch...

You must have got lucky. I got my series 5 in November and all the Apple TV app says to me is try free for 7 days, then €4.99 a month...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

If anyone is looking for a branded third party stainless steel watch band, I bought this few weeks ago and really impressed with it especially for the price.

Only 44mm available

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MHXZHJ1/

Note: You need to use ParcelWizard or ParcelMotel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Hey guys just bought my first Apple Watch. Just wondering if there’s anywhere in Dublin that I can get cheap straps today instead of ordering from eBay or amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Hey. Sorry to bump an old thread.

Thinking of getting a S3 as they are at a decent price new at the moment.

Main questions and concerns:

Currently have a Garmin Forerunner 45. Run 3-6 days a week and I'd get 4 or 5 days battery out of it.

Ideally I'd like to use the AW3 for the odd run if I leave it behind. I understand it would need daily charging?

Can it be used standalone for Apple Pay in shops eg I don't need to have phone within range to tap the watch (leave phone in car at a garage for example or does it have to be near watch in pocket?

Can I store any music on it? I have Power Beats Pro and wouldn't mind leaving the phone at home but still been able to listen to my spotify or music, if there is someway for it to retain my downloaded songs or information?

Notifications etc don't bother me that much. But just out of curiosity can you text back with the watch instead of reaching for phone? Like full text capacities not just auto replies?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

S3 doesn’t need to be charged every day. I have one that is three years old. When new I’d get three days out of it, now two.

You can only store music on it if you have Apple Music. You can put podcasts on it.

Not sure about the payment as I always use my phone for that.

Yes you can text by either auto replies, Siri or drawing with your finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    S3 doesn’t need to be charged every day. I have one that is three years old. When new I’d get three days out of it, now two.

You can only store music on it if you have Apple Music. You can put podcasts on it.

Not sure about the payment as I always use my phone for that.

Yes you can text by either auto replies, Siri or drawing with your finger.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

rizzee wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

No worries, enjoy!

One of my favourite little insignificant features of the watch is the ability to ping your phone. Use it all the time when I’ve left the phone down somewhere in the house and can’t remember where.

Also during c19 it has got my arse in gear to exercise more, as once I started working from home I could see I was burning ~300 calories less every day from just not walking around the office.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

You can use Apple Pay on your watch without needing your phone. It creates a separate virtual card for your iPhone vs Apple watch, and you can select which card should be on which device or if you wish have them on both.

S4 owner here and get 2 days out of the watch too.

Advertisement