Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you listen to music in another language?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Die Toten Hosen, Die Artze, Absturzende Brieftauben, Manu Chao although he sings in English as well as Spanish/French.

Don't understand any of the French/Spanish, can understand a bit of the German, but overall the music is pleasing to my ears regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭rojito

Soda Stereo, absolutely huge all over Latin America and a genuinely brilliant band. Their three album run from Signos through to Cancion Animal is up there with just about anything, anywhere.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

gramar wrote: »
    Celine Dion could be forgiven

No. Just no.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

If I like the song I dont care what language its in. If I ever go on holidays to France or Spain I usually hear good songs on the radio. Stromae is the only foreign language singer I can think of right now who's music I like overall, rather than just a once off song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

French rap is the illest :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A bit of opera

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

really like this French pop song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Ever since this

and of course

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brainfreeze

Grayditch wrote: »
    Rammstein.

And Cocteau Twins. They're Scottish and she sings in English but... Come on.

In fairness to you, Elizabeth Fraser often deliberately sings gibberish. So it certainly counts.

From Wikipedia:
    Her lyrics range from straightforward English to semi-comprehensible sentences (glossolalia) and abstract mouth music. For some recordings, she has said she used foreign words without knowing what they meant – the words acquired meaning for her only as she sang them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Despacito

Is that not cold soup?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,108 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Have to listen to a bit of South American type music in work at times. What a load of ****e.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Well, I am German and listen to music in English, if that counts?
    I'd also have a few French musicians/bands, like Emelie Simon and Les Negresses Vertes.
    Some Spanish, like Manu Chao, too.

I don't really mind what language they're signing in, as long as it sounds ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Have to listen to a bit of South American type music in work at times. What a load of ****e.

Ye, I have some South American in laws and I've been to two weddings where they played that for most of the night :/ I quite like the dancing but the music was like some sort of standard music made for walking around a shop or something.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

This is a cracking tube but the video is the real star :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Is that not cold soup?????

It's stone cold shíte is what it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Rammstein and Christine and The Queens. I know a few of her albums/songs have been released in English here, but the original French versions are pretty good too.

Nien und Nienzien Luff Balloons is also a worthy mention as well.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Bit of Italian cheese...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I have the original French Concept album of Les Miserables

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

I provided a few security guards for that gig, it was mostly Polish people went to see them

I was there as were lots of my friends. Didn't meet any of our Polski friends but then again there were 1000s of people there.

I also listen to music in French, Latin, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian and Russian. Good music is good music, regardless of what language it is in.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

gramar wrote: »
    Celine Dion could be forgiven but reggaeton? The worst 'music' of all time.

Jasis,if you had just one metaphorical bullet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Some Verdi in Italian.
    Then the classic Mozart in Austrian...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Latvian band Prata Vetra.

They release material in English also under the name 'Brainstorm'.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

I like some music by Asian female vocalists/female singers & I like Kpop, some videos links for people who mightn,t be familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmM04_OgajU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsVG9BIuewM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsVG9BIuewM

• Registered Users Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Advertisement