Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the thing that everybody else can do and you can't?

Options
  • 10-09-2017 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I don't really know how to bike. I mean I can keep balanced and all but can't keep going on a straight line or do the turns or anything. The muscles related to these kind of tasks seem to be blocked, not that I am that unfit but it seems as if they muscles involved in biking were specially underdeveloped.

I can't play a musical instrument either, nor whistle using my fingers.

And you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

TimeUp wrote: »
    I don't really know how to bike. I mean I can keep balanced and all but can't keep going on a straight line or do the turns or anything. The muscles related to these kind of tasks seem to be blocked, not that I am that unfit but it seems as if they muscles involved in biking were specially underdeveloped.

And you?

Cross their legs when sitting. I have never been able to do that.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I can't whistle at all, fingers or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I can't eat a jam donut without licking my lips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I cant snooze.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

I can't whistle
    I can't use a knife in my right hand while using a fork in my left, I do it the other way round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I can't eat a fruit pastille without chewing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Im colour blind as fook.

Brown/red balls on a snooker table? Forget it, and opponents guaranteed a foul at least a couple of times in a frame.

Blue/purple Look the same.

The kids tooth brushes are apparently turquoise and pink. But they look the exact same to me.

It's a curse at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

And you?

Ever get checked out for Dyspraxia?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I can't sing a note. It's the one thing I'd love to be able to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

The only way I can whistle is the opposite of the way you are meant to do it! :D

I can't carry a bag on my right shoulder. It just feels "off".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Put the isofix in the car!

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I can't sing a note. It's the one thing I'd love to be able to do.

Everyone can sing.

Some people have made millions out of not being great at it(Shane MacGowan, im looking at you here), I'll grant you that, but everyone can sing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I can't snap my fingers. It's a nuisance when you want to order people around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Schwiiing wrote: »

And you?

I was thinking that myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Get the ride

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Can't snap my fingers or roll my tongue.

When I read somewhere that there was a cure for dyspraxia it was like music to my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I can't ride a bike at all. Can't even keep balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭TimeUp

Until now I hadn't even heard of it lol

I don't know, I can be a little bit clumsy in general but not as much as I am reading dyspraxia would make you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Left and right and compass signs I have trouble with. Directions in general, actually.

I also can't waggle my ears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I can't drive. I can't rollerblade or skate. I have difficulty telling my left from my right when giving directions, I have to think about it for a second and still get it wrong sometimes.

I am also not good at being a human.

I do, however, give excellent head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I can't whistle. Can't drive either. And I'm colour blind as well. I wonder if I'll qualify for disability allowance.

I can't bike either OP. When I was much younger I loved nothing more than heading off for a cycle. It's not true when people say you never forget to ride a bike. These days I wouldn't last two minutes on one.

I can't manage sums. Any kind of mathematical conundrum leaves me baffled. Or you know when someone is giving you say €50 and the fee is 20 but you only have a tenner in change. It turns out that the person also has a few tenners and they try figure it out with their tenners and your 20. Or something. Haven't a notion. Basically anything money and change related.

Gym. People often talk about how great they feel after a workout or a run. It clears the head and de-stresses. I've never experienced that.

Light more than one candle using the one match. Some weird fire paranoia.

I can't wear high heels. I just can't. There is no way I would be able to walk straight and not fall over.

That's it for now :)

I can't drive. I can't rollerblade or skate. I have difficulty telling my left from my right when giving directions, I have to think about it for a second and still get it wrong sometimes.

Oh I forgot about left and right! If I'm looking at a photo I sometimes don't know which person is on the left and which is on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Logical thought.

Planning out how to perform simple tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

I can't drive either and I'm a typical woman when it comes to giving directions! I actually hate getting stopped by passing cars looking to know where somewhere is. I do be delighted with myself when it's somewhere only up the road or round the corner they're looking for. Throw in a few roundabouts and traffic lights and they'd be sorry they asked me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I can't whistle.

either can i and its really frustrating:(

esp when you want to wolf whistle at some hot babe that walks down the street and you end up doing this half hearted effort that sounds all wrong and makes you look like a twat :o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Maths. I am shocking. I just don't get it. It's like that part of my brain isn't open for business. I don't know any times tables and I still count on my fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

I can't sit in a vehicle and not wear a seatbelt (not that I'd want to) feels weird !!
    I can't write the & sign properly, I do it backways.
    I can't kick a football with me right foot (I'm righthanded)
    I can't eat my dinner off a cold plate. (Has to be heated first)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

I can't burp.

Advertisement