Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 215: Johnson vs Borg

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Borg via Submission
    War Borg!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I cannot understand the hate and disrespect Mighty Mouse gets.

One of the best to ever do it, he has literally cleaned out his division nearly twice over, stylish and classy, and seems like such a decent man outside of the octagon too. So under appreciated, yet you have utter, utter **** like Jon Jones who are idolised.

Super fights would be cool, sure, but if I was him I think I'd focus on racking up a number of title defenses so high that it will likely never be broken in our lifetimes. That to me would mean more for his legacy than perhaps beating say Dillashaw.

Keep doing what he's doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I don't care if he gets 50 defenses.

Much more impressive to beat a few high level fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Borg via KO/TKO
    Admit it lads Borg missing weight again here would be mad entertainment :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Fight is off, Borg is sick :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Can't make this a PPV now surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

You cursed it !

Jds v ngannou cancelled and now the main event off is pure ****tery.

The womens fight is what i want to see but now i have to stay awake a little later.

Did the weight cut cause borg to pull out ? If it is then enough is enough and something needs to be done asap in regards to the rules for cutting weight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Borg via Submission
    They should bump Cejudo vs Reiss up to the main card. Could be a good scrap

Borg via KO/TKO

Whoopsie, could see it happening said a while back should've taken on TJ for the more attractive fight he never competed at 125 sure but he doesn't have a history of not making weight like Borg. (Remains to be seen if weight is the issue in this instance, fight off regardless)

The next instalment is for TJ to be a champion before DJ gets to defend right??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Borg via Submission
    Borg has a viral illness, nothing to do with the weight cut as per ufc doctors. Cejudo reiss moved to main card and and Nunes Shevchenko moved to main event. Karma really as Dana said no way will Nunes main event her next fight.

TJ already rubbing it in.

https://twitter.com/TJDillashaw/status/906023143998767104

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

It's a joke how many fights fall through.

Had no interest in the main event though so couldn't care less.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Contender for the worst numbered card ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

D.Q wrote: »
    Contender for the worst numbered card ever?

UFC 95

Never mind the fact that it was full of future stars and the event itself is still probably top 3 or 4 that I've been to, on paper at the time it was a complete turd.

Borg via KO/TKO
    Prob not even in the top 5 worst if we delve into it, UFC 177 was pretty bad main event had Dillashaw face off against Soto who was meant to be on the prelims.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Scrap the whole division nobody cares about it literally was not one bit disappointed about the cancellation of this fight a total mismatch in the first place.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Scrap the whole division nobody cares about it literally was not one bit disappointed about the cancellation of this fight a total mismatch in the first place.

Yeah I agree, screw this division! This whole thing of 'beating the title defenses record'.... how many grown men can realistically make 125 healthily? DJ had a chance to fight someone with actually talent in TJ and he threw a strop and refused the fight :rolleyes: DJ irriates the feck out of me. I generally am more into divisions 155+ but I do take a keen interest in 145 and 135.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Yeah I agree, screw this division! This whole thing of 'beating the title defenses record'.... how many grown men can realistically make 125 healthily? DJ had a chance to fight someone with actually talent in TJ and he threw a strop and refused the fight :rolleyes: DJ irriates the feck out of me. I generally am more into divisions 155+ but I do take a keen interest in 145 and 135.

Cant really use the TJ thing as a stick to beat DJ with when we could be sitting here moaning about him not making weight which could have been the case, i agree the division is useless though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The 135 division has some great fighters in it at the moment. 145 and 155 are my two favorite divisions. So much talent in both.

I agree the 125 division would be no loss if cut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

If they stuck the 125'ers on the main card from time to time instead of burying them on the prelims people might start to care about the division. Otherwise the lads DJ fights are anonymous nobody's to the casual (and even not so casual) fan. It's very hard to care when even the UFC won't get behind them and promote them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Flyweight division is entertaining IMO. Certainly no worse than other divisions for the amount of entertaining fights over the last while.

Pettis, Elliott, Smolka, Moreno, Benavidez, Pantoja for example all been in fun fights recently.

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »
    Cant really use the TJ thing as a stick to beat DJ with when we could be sitting here moaning about him not making weight which could have been the case, i agree the division is useless though.

Borg has missed weight a lot so either way he was taking a risk of someone miss weight. Reality of the situation in my opinion was DJ didn't want to risk fighting TJ before he broke the record of most title defenses. He keeps complaining about not getting paid enough, then when he gets the chance for a fight that will earn him a little more he turns it down :mad:

DJ says they dont promote him enough? They built a fecking TUF serious around him, always have him near the top of pound for pound rankings etc. Reason no one cares about DJ is because he is 125 pounds (what % of the male population can realistically make that weight), he is boring as all hell (no personality) and he is so whiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Borg has missed weight a lot so either way he was taking a risk of someone miss weight. Reality of the situation in my opinion was DJ didn't want to risk fighting TJ before he broke the record of most title defenses. He keeps complaining about not getting paid enough, then when he gets the chance for a fight that will earn him a little more he turns it down :mad:

DJ says they dont promote him enough? They built a fecking TUF serious around him, always have him near the top of pound for pound rankings etc. Reason no one cares about DJ is because he is 125 pounds (what % of the male population can realistically make that weight), he is boring as all hell (no personality) and he is so whiny.

Say DJ fights TJ and loses. Then what? TJ is going right back to 135 anyway and I don't see him defending the 125 strap so he drops the belt. You've blew up an entire division for what, maybe 25-50k extra PPV's? What's the point. It's not like fans are clamouring for the fight so why make it.

They certainly aren't promoting him correctly. He's got a pretty popular twitch stream. Why not get him on some gaming/nerd culture podcasts. Build him up as the champion of the geeks. Ass kicker but also a gamer too. It's his niche and a handy way to introduce him to an audience who may not have gravitated to the sport yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

smilerf wrote: »
    They should bump Cejudo vs Reiss up to the main card. Could be a good scrap

Why not chuck the three of them in there at once and see who comes out the winner :D

In fairness DJ's reasons for not taking the TJ fight were legit too.

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Say DJ fights TJ and loses. Then what? TJ is going right back to 135 anyway and I don't see him defending the 125 strap so he drops the belt. You've blew up an entire division for what, maybe 25-50k extra PPV's? What's the point. It's not like fans are clamouring for the fight so why make it.

They certainly aren't promoting him correctly. He's got a pretty popular twitch stream. Why not get him on some gaming/nerd culture podcasts. Build him up as the champion of the geeks. Ass kicker but also a gamer too. It's his niche and a handy way to introduce him to an audience who may not have gravitated to the sport yet.

Its not DJs concern what TJ does if he beats him, if TJ can make the weight and UFC want to match them up then DJ should fight him. DJ would get some more support if he beat someone like TJ or Garbrandt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

RDA didnt look great against Saffedine, I can see him starting well and lighting magnys leg on fire but Magny is relentless can take a hell of a beating reckon he can pull out a win due to better cardio.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭tinpib

Luis "The Hypetrain Derailer" Henrique to win here, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I liked Bhullar there.If he keeps progressing he could do really well

Clarke getting battered in round 2 here against Alex White.

Yes it is stopped as I write!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭tinpib

Tucker was very short fav there, got an awful beating.

• Advertisement

Ref shoulda stopped it or else his corner should have stepped in. No need to take that beating

Advertisement