Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Max 2 - 5300Mah, 6.4"Phablet - 199 eur delivered

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

KosaH wrote:
    Got my Mi max 2 from Ali express, got the global version. As I understand it, the original or Chinese version comes with Chinese apps and localised settings, without Google Play, and is Rose coloured. The recently released Global version has Google Play installed, the Chinese apps removed, additional 4G band(s), and is black. Now some suppliers have take the Rose version and flashed the Global ROM into them, however, this may prevent in some cases being able to do OTA updates, as when Miui 9 is released. These can be updated by downloading ad flashing with the relevant ROM. I asked for the new Global version, and seemed to have got it. It is a mighty phone, I am very pleased with it. There are a couple of minor irritations, such as the lack of Ireland as a region, so have to pick UK. It takes a bit of getting used to how you select which SIM card to use for calls and texts, but trial and error gets you there, and it seems to work fine. I got a clear glass screen protector, a plastic film protector, a clear gel case with the phone for 219 odd Euro. I paid an additional 19 Euro for Courier, and this was sent to the UK first, where I think it gets removed from a large consignment of items and these are then couriered individually to their respective countries in Europe. Mine spent 2 days in Heathrow. I was not charged any duties. Going back to my old Sony Z2 5.2 screen made me realise how great having a 6.44 screen is, and how easy you adapt to it. Hope this helps

Thanks Kosah, although the international version has no bloatware and it comes with Google play & OTA updates. The Chinese version is not currently available on Gearbest, it's international or global only..

Maybe its the LTE bands although I think both are without 20..

Still not sure if there are any significant differences!

Glad you're enjoying the phone!

Texting from my mi max its massive

Nice one!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

KosaH wrote: »
    There are a couple of minor irritations, such as the lack of Ireland as a region, so have to pick UK.

That's reason for me not to get it, colonialist pr1cks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Would drop shipping help avoid customs? Is that what people on here who have received theirs and have not had to pay customs have done?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭GBX

That's reason for me not to get it, colonialist pr1cks

You can choose any European country no?

• Advertisement

Facebook is running sluggish and Twitter also or is there something in settings I can do to fix this?

Facebook is running sluggish and Twitter also or is there something in settings I can do to fix this?

Did you get the update? Apparently that solves speed issues

tedpan wrote: »
    Did you get the update? Apparently that solves speed issues

Update for the apps or the device?

Update for the apps or the device?

The device software update

Wish I never bought the mi max I don't like it I prefer iOS :(

I know first world problems

Gonna sell it on adverts hopefully I won't lose to much cash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

How much?

An android problem more than a phone problem then is it?

How bad will it be down the country. I live in Dublin but I'm from Sligo so would visit there a bit.

cronos wrote: »

No problem with the phone I just prefer apple wasted 200 euro :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

e150 delivered to me ,pay by PayPal,put it up on adverts,as long as you can prove its new etc

No problem with the phone I just prefer apple wasted 200 euro

Na, you should get your money back dude..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Will you pm me the link to the ad when you put it up, I'll be very interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Try installing the iOS theme, might do the job for you!

Took the plunge just now. How long will it take to arrive? Have people purchased any covers and screen protectors? If so do you have some links?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mica087

Cant decide to get this or not. Need a replacement for my oneplus X which has served me well but isn't holding charge! Any views on it from buyers? Any idea how long it would take to arrive?

• Advertisement

cronos wrote:
    Took the plunge just now. How long will it take to arrive? Have people purchased any covers and screen protectors? If so do you have some links?

It takes around 10 working days, so be prepared to be patient :) not sure about cases, don't like how they bulk up large screen phones.

Mica087 wrote:
    Cant decide to get this or not. Need a replacement for my oneplus X which has served me well but isn't holding charge! Any views on it from buyers? Any idea how long it would take to arrive?

It's a fantastic phone for the money, nothing really compares to the build quality of Xiaomi for less than 300 euro. The battery is a beast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭N.96

Has anyone ordered the Hong Kong one rather than the 'Global Version'? Do they both work the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

I think that one comes with Google play. Mine came with it anyway!

N.96 wrote:
    Has anyone ordered the Hong Kong one rather than the 'Global Version'? Do they both work the same?

I can't find any difference between the two. They both come with Google play and have the same LTE bands.

I can't find any difference between the two. They both come with Google play and have the same LTE bands.

Think global only does ota updates

How bad will it be down the country. I live in Dublin but I'm from Sligo so would visit there a bit.

One a redmi note 3 (Xiaomi) for a good while ,living miles from a major city,no problems

I'd have bought yours but no reply, so bought mine yesterday,2 Mr Xiaomi phone,find them great android platforms,I'd no issues whatsoever with my redmi note 3 ,but cracked the screen lately,if u didn't sell it give it a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭PreCocious

I'd have bought yours but no reply, so bought mine yesterday,2 Mr Xiaomi phone,find them great android platforms,I'd no issues whatsoever with my redmi note 3 ,but cracked the screen lately,if u didn't sell it give it a chance

My first time buying something expensive from Gearbest. Chose expedited shipping (don't want it ambling over from China). Had mutiple emails to clarify my address, it supposedly then shipped on Saturday, tracking number doesn't work on site they gave me and now I'm being asked for my address again (after I logged a call about tracking).

Are they always this messy for expensive items ?

PreCocious wrote:
    Are they always this messy for expensive items ?

It doesn't seem to matter about value. A 200euro phone, by the way is not expensive! Unfortunately their customer service and support is not the best(the same for nearly all Asian sellers)

It's all about the waiting game now. Usually it's a week before you know what's going on. Check back on Mon/Tues.

It'll be worth it in the end..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭PreCocious

It doesn't seem to matter about value. A 200euro phone, by the way is not expensive! Unfortunately their customer service and support is not the best(the same for nearly all Asian sellers)

It's all about the waiting game now. Usually it's a week before you know what's going on. Check back on Mon/Tues.

It'll be worth it in the end..

Thanks. The waiting game will continue.

In my book €200 is a hefty chunk of change to be floating around without tracking or proof of shipment (hence paying for tracking).

Advertisement