Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's the weirdest thing you have brought home from a night out

Options
  • 06-09-2017 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Well what have you brought home???
    Me?? In my youth, it was traffic cones, stop signs without the pole obviously, even one of those flashing lights for road works, the usual stuff pint glasses, ashtrays and even a bar stool 😀

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Me?? In my youth, it was traffic cones, stop signs without the pole obviously, even one of those flashing lights for road works, the usual stuff pint glasses, ashtrays and even a bar stool ��

All standard stuff.

We used to bring back sections of movie posters from billboards. We would climb up and tear someones face off or something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,207 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The Village Crazy Lady

• Registered Users Posts: 28,690 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Questionable "dating" choices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Village Crazy Lady

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Questionable "dating" choices?

Oh yeah forgot about that, one guy i met stayed in my living room all night bending my forks and spoons, weirdo haha,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Can't remember her name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

A magic pig.

It was a beautiful woman the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Christmas tree from the local pub. Plastic and it stank of cigarette smoke. Brought it back the day after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I remember a housemate bringing home the concrete cap of a pier. We could hear him struggling with it through the front door, then he came into the living room and put it down to show it to us. Big smile on him, so pleased with himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,690 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Oh yeah forgot about that, one guy i met stayed in my living room all night bending my forks and spoons, weirdo haha,

He started young...

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

You pulled Uri Geller - cool! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Me?? In my youth, it was traffic cones, stop signs without the pole obviously, even one of those flashing lights for road works, the usual stuff pint glasses, ashtrays and even a bar stool ��
    Probably why we now have traffic legos - much harder to steal (or throw at people).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Chantelle

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A bus stop.

Not a bus or a sign but the actual bus stop.

Or rather my flatmate did. It took him two nights with a hacksaw but we then had a bus stop in our flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

A bus stop.

Or rather my flatmate did. It took him two nights with a hacksaw but we then had a bus stop in our flat.

Wtf

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The stale bread that was left outside Tesco's....all of it, a few shopping trolleys required.

Traffic Cones.

One of the signs from the college with the name on it. It was about 8 foot long, we got it early in the day and brought it to a few pubs and tried hitching with it.

Crabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

My housemate brought home a smelly duvet she had found in a phone box and had walked home all wrapped up in it.

A bus stop.

Can't top that, funny as fcuk

Wtf

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Wtf

He also took a Neighbourhood Watch sign, "for the irony"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

A large blue sign advertising service times from the Church of Ireland church opposite the Radisson Hotel on the Stillorgan Duel Carriageway.
    Not me, but a friend. He was drunk and alone.
    It proudly took up half the living room in our apartment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Not me but one of the lads I was living with when I was on a J1 back in the 90s brought home a life size cardboard cut out of Fabio (male model with long blond hair from the 90s).......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

When I was in college I spent two years sharing with 3 women (god the fights), one of them was an absolute magnet for fools, and had a string of idiot boyfriends, several of whom I ended up having to evict from the house, usually at some stupid hour of the morning. One Thursday night myself and the other two were sitting watching TV when yer wan rolls in blind drunk with her latest catch, who was carrying a toilet he had taken from a pub. The entire toilet bowl. He was drenched wet, and didn't smell great. To this day I don't know how (or why) he managed to wrestle it from the cubicle, or how he managed to get out of the pub with it. There was a bit of a hullabaloo in college about it, as the pub blamed students for it - though yer man wasn't actually a student at all. When we woke up the following morning both the boyfriend and the toilet were gone, and neither was heard of or seen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I was at a house before that had the 'Welcome to Co.Kerry' sign in the sitting room!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Asked for a Box of Matches in a 7-11 many years ago at about 2am and was left waiting for 10 Mins while the Cashier went out back and returned with my Bail Of Briquettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭argolis

Was having a drunk chat with a friend outside Zanzibar nightclub on the quays years ago when a Middlesbrough FC teddy magically appeared in between our faces. I grabbed it and looked up to see it was dangling on a thread out the window from the third floor. Some guy shouted down to keep the fookin thing, so I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

a car licence plate. It wasnt attached to a car when i acquired it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Few years back, one of the mates went home early pissed drunk.

On the way home a few of us decided to take down one of every local election candidate poster we could find, I think we ended up with double figures, maybe 12 or 13 IIRC, anyway, we set them up in the garden all facing the guys window who went home earlier.

Being pretty hammered myself, I forgot about until later the next day when he told us his father was less than pleased about it, was innocent enough really.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mosesgun

Bosses Laptop. At our company BBQ years ago. I was locked and thought it would be a great idea to steal the bosses laptop from his desk. Took it home in the taxi and spent the journey reading his emails and documents like a great fella. Woke up the next morning with the laptop beside me on the bed. Immediate panic set in. Never considered CCTV or the fact that I might've been seen or anything like that. Had to smuggle the laptop back into the office that day (sunday) before anyone noticed it was gone. Not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Found a load of them in my housemate's room after he moved out, so we pulled a reverse heist and drove up to a roadworks, jumped out, set up all these cones, jumped into the car and drove off. The workers just looked on, bemused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

A metal sign - screws and all still attached - police car park, police cars only!! Oops

Advertisement