Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing on Ice is back

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

deisemum wrote: »
    Libby in the bottom two for the third week running, they'll probably save her again.

How right you were

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭deisemum

Well the PC brigade would be out complaining if there wasn't a female in the final. Tokenism - insulting to women and those with a disability.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I still want to know what happened with Joe Swash and his original partner!!

She was there again tonight, all dressed up and with the other pros, but they've even changed the promo bits for him to include the other Alex.... I'm convinced there's a story they're were not being told!!!

As much as I hate the auld sob story bits, I loved his tale of family holidays and the pictures - they brought back many family holidays memories from my own childhood!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Looking forward to watching tonight. Perri is my favourite contestant.

Joe and Libby have both worked very hard, in my opinion. But Perri is in a league of his own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Libby for the win in this house.

Blown away by her bravery, smile and determination.

They’ve never gave her an inch, she had to do all the challenges the others did.

Inspirational is thrown around a lot but she truly is to me and my family.

• Advertisement

I’m enjoying the final tonight :)

I'm late as usual.

But I KNEW it! There was Alexandra, speeding out of the horseshoe at full tilt with the other pros in the opening number - what the fk happened between her and Joe, and WHY DIDN'T WE HEAR ABOUT IT????

I'm off the to tinfoil hat forum :(

Meanwhile, what a fab routine from Joe and his SECOND PARTNER Alex - absolutely made for them, and wow did he do a good job on it!

I suspect it's going to be 10's all round all the way tonight, mind you.....

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm late as usual.

But I KNEW it! There was Alexandra, speeding out of the horseshoe at full tilt with the other pros in the opening number - what the fk happened between her and Joe, and WHY DIDN'T WE HEAR ABOUT IT????

I'm off the to tinfoil hat forum :(

Meanwhile, what a fab routine from Joe and his SECOND PARTNER Alex - absolutely made for them, and wow did he do a good job on it!

I suspect it's going to be 10's all round all the way tonight, mind you.....

Wasn’t she out injured? I’d say it’s just not realistic to keep switching back and forth.

Wasn’t she out injured? I’d say it’s just not realistic to keep switching back and forth.
    Yeah, she was apparently injured, but we never heard any more about it at all (usually there's regular updates of their recovery, or at least details of what happened in the first place) and she's clearly back skating for a while now. I'm convinced there's more to it than meets the eye, but I just cannot imagine what!

(I do realise that I probably sound slightly insanely obsessed by this, but honestly, I'm totally intrigued!)

In other news, Perri's (first?) skate was another disappointment to me - they spent far more time showing the other pros skating and doing tricks than him and Vanessa skating - I thought at first it was for him to set up for some spectacular, but no, they just skated back in again for a bit until the next trick by the other pros. Bizarre.

The back flip, undoubtedly brave, spectcular, whatever, but it wasn't perfect.

Not saying it wasn't worth 4 x 10, but I think Joe outskated him on this one.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Yeah, she was apparently injured, but we never heard any more about it at all (usually there's regular updates of their recovery, or at least details of what happened in the first place) and she's clearly back skating for a while now. I'm convinced there's more to it than meets the eye, but I just cannot imagine what!

(I do realise that I probably sound slightly insanely obsessed by this, but honestly, I'm totally intrigued!)

In other news, Perri's (first?) skate was another disappointment to me - they spent far more time showing the other pros skating and doing tricks than him and Vanessa skating - I thought at first it was for him to set up for some spectacular, but no, they just skated back in again for a bit until the next trick by the other pros. Bizarre.

The back flip, undoubtedly brave, spectcular, whatever, but it wasn't perfect.

Not saying it wasn't worth 4 x 10, but I think Joe outskated him on this one.

I know what you mean they didn’t say Alex is better or anything. Though with Caprices antics they were probably overwhelmed with all the off stage drama.

• Advertisement

Hah, I wonder was that Kevin just shooting his mouth off, or just a slightly unfortunate turn of phrase??

Either way, the tablods have their headline for tomorrow!!

Now, Perri's second skate was skating!!

That's more like it!!

I actually find Perri annoying to watch. He never does anything with his face, he’s always concentrating too much.

I have to say I feel a bit sorry for Joe - he's never, ever getting past either Perri or Libby tonight! And I suspect he well knows it.

As to the title between Perri and Libby - can't call it at this stage..... two very different skaters, both well deserved if they get it.

(and there we go again, Joe thanking everyone bar the kitchen sink - except the first Alexandra :eek: just a little bit rude tbh, considering she's the one who got him started off and through the first few weeks!)

:eek:

(that's for who came 3rd! I stand corrected!!)

Wow, that T&D routine was brilliant!

But I reckon the cameraman was the most skilled of the lot!!

Guaranteed they had cameras filming the camerman - I'd sooooo love to see that. If anyone better than me at searching t'internet (would not be difficult) comes across the footage, please please share here!

Are we happy with the result??? I’m a little shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

More than a little shocked if I’m honest. Perry was by far the better skater.

I always said it was Perri’s to lose

I'm very shocked! But in fairness I called it wrong all along!

There's murder on Twitter, but I can't find it in myself to disagree with the result - as someone said, there was killings last year when James Jordan won, because he was a pro dancer - and now there's killiings because Perri didn't win, but he's a pro dancer. Riddle me that!

Joe in fairness made the most progress, and played an absolute blinder in the final. Perri for me was far more impressive in the earlier rounds - their first skate tonight just left me cold tbh. Their Bolero was brilliant (especially that last reverse stop just before the end, which was sooooo perfectly timed!), but I can't find it in myself to begrudge Joe his win.

Great final all round!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

Autosport wrote: »

I haven't seen that much of ot this year. Watched the final and the OH ain't happy. To be told by Christopher Dean your Ballero is the best he has ever seen and then to lose is a bit of a joke TBF. Although it's not the first time the British Public got a vote wrong....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Autosport wrote: »

Same here. I thought Perri had it.

The final vote was extremely tight.

Back tonight, yay!
    Looking forward to it.

Very good so far :)

A fall in dance 2, a pro sliced open before it even starts, and a dislocated shoulder week 1.

I love DoI!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Aw really enjoying it

Delighted joe fell...he irritates me no end even though I only heard of him an hour ago!

Love lady leshurr

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Rfrip wrote: »
    Aw really enjoying it

Delighted joe fell...he irritates me no end even though I only heard of him an hour ago!

Love lady leshurr

Now I'm generalising here but a lot of those Emmerdale actors love themselves.

Definitely surprised who’s in the dance off next week, great dancers so far :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I watched this again. Happy with it. I find John Barrowman a bit tough going.

Advertisement