Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are the comments section on dailymail articles so full of negative ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

The Daily Mail reports the truth and doesn't censor public opinion unlike the likes of The Guardian, Journal and boards.ie who prefer to continue with their PC ideology and censorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Doltanian wrote: »
    The Daily Mail reports the truth and doesn't censor public opinion unlike the likes of The Guardian, Journal and boards.ie who prefer to continue with their PC ideology and censorship.

they don't report the truth, they hide from it using insinuations. For example they reported that the survivors of the Grenfell Tower fire were housed in "200 million pound luxury development" and showed pictures of the penthouses. However what they didn't mention is that every new development in London must have social housing and of course that there was also modest, non luxury flats in the development also.

smurgen wrote: »
    they don't report the truth, they hide from it using insinuations. For example they reported that the survivors of the Grenfell Tower fire were housed in "200 million pound luxury development" and showed pictures of the penthouses. However what they didn't mention is that every new development in London must have social housing and of course that there was also modest, non luxury flats in the development also.

In the Grenfell situation the Council purchased an entire block of luxury apartments which was what they were reporting. And the neighbours of said block were rightly disgusted to find lower class individuals moved in next to them for free, many of whom are illegal immigrants and normally could never afford to live in that upper class neighborhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Theres a special place in hell for people who comment on the journal.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

In the Grenfell situation the Council purchased an entire block of luxury apartments which was what they were reporting. And the neighbours of said block were rightly disgusted to find lower class individuals moved in next to them for free, many of whom are illegal immigrants and normally could never afford to live in that upper class neighborhood.

Why rightfully disgusted, they lost their homes should they be forced to live in hovels? Also what does it matter that they were immigrants, again they should be treated the same as non immigrants and certainly should not be looked down on after the tragedy that happened

• Advertisement

Why rightfully disgusted, they lost their homes should they be forced to live in hovels? Also what does it matter that they were immigrants, again they should be treated the same as non immigrants and certainly should not be looked down on after the tragedy that happened

Okay, say you worked hard in your job or business to save alot of money and possibly borrowed alot of money to buy a luxury apartment as you were entitled to do. Then for a Public authority to come along and purchase it up to house people at the taxpayers expense bringing down the tone of the area. I'd be raging if I was one of those people and then to see people moved in there getting it for free. Immigrants should not be entitled to Social housing especially illegal immigrants who should be deported. No-one is saying people should live in hovels but they shouldn't be housed in luxury apartments either, it was a move by a leftist SJW controlled council to basically stick it to the rich (predominantly white) people who had something good and now they see the value of their assets decimated and the tone and value of the area significantly lowered.

Okay, say you worked hard in your job or business to save alot of money and possibly borrowed alot of money to buy a luxury apartment as you were entitled to do. Then for a Public authority to come along and purchase it up to house people at the taxpayers expense bringing down the tone of the area. I'd be raging if I was one of those people and then to see people moved in there getting it for free. Immigrants should not be entitled to Social housing especially illegal immigrants who should be deported. No-one is saying people should live in hovels but they shouldn't be housed in luxury apartments either, it was a move by a leftist SJW controlled council to basically stick it to the rich (predominantly white) people who had something good and now they see the value of their assets decimated and the tone and value of the area significantly lowered.

See this is where i have issues, no one has a right to judge others due to their wages, background or beliefs. and if people who had gone through such a tragedy as this moved in next to me, weather immigrant or not i would welcome them with open arms, people think because they have money they are special but they are not you have no right to complain because others are helped when they are down or or given something when they need it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

valoren wrote: »
    Happened upon the daily mail article about Louise Redknapp, who is presumably in the midst of a breakdown in her marriage with Jamie. The article was basically pictures of her and her mother checking in at the airport, where she looked glum and ashen face obviously stressed out. The 'article' included quotes from inside sources etc etc.

Yet, half way down the article, which was about a marriage breakdown, they included a piece called 'Get the look!'
    Links were included to every discernible item of clothing she was wearing in the photo's.

Says it all for me about the Daily Mail.

/long blank stare at valoren

"But she's wearing a hat!"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the daily mail, telling the truth? LOL. boards and other media don't have a "PC ideology" .

the neighbours of said block had no valid complaint. if people don't want to live beside "lower class" individuals who are "living for free" dispite paying rent to a local authority, then those people are free to sell up. as for some of the people from the grenfell being illegal, a small few were. however this has been blown out of all proportion via the misinformation via facebook, which is telling us all that all the residents of the tower were illegal when that wasn't the case. among other misinformation.

bringing down the tone of the area with "lower class" people is just tough i'm afraid. property is a gamble and the only thing one is entitled to is the ownership of that property once they pay back the mortgage in full. you are not entitled to have only people the same as you in your area. you are not entitled to not have people who pay rent to the local authority in your area. you are not entitled to not have someone paying less for a house then you. illegal immigrants aren't automatically entitled to social housing and if immigrants are here legally and have lived in the country for a long time then there is no reason why they shouldn't be entitled to social housing seeing as they paid in to the pot. illegal immigrants are deported. the residents of the tower were not housed in luxury apartments, they were housed where availible in the area by a non-leftist, SJW doesn't exist, controlled council who had to house people in what they could get hold of that was availible. it was nothing to do with sticking it to the rich, the council is one of, if not the richest council in the uk.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Nonsense. It was a move by the council to try and rectify their colossal fcuk up which resulted in the deaths of 80 people and leaving hundreds homeless. Do you think if given the chance people would chose living in an upper class apartment over losing their family? Hundreds of people needed re-homing and the council bought apartments that were available. If the current residents don't like it - tough. These are human beings who lost everything through the negligence of others. Not all of the residences are heartless. There were also quotes from people who said they had no problem with it and felt bad for the people who lost everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Why would they bring down the tone of the area? Jesus Christ these people lost everything they own and possibly some family members too. Have you any humanity in you?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The independent is one of the worst I've seen

anna080 wrote: »
    Why would they bring down the tone of the area? Jesus Christ these people lost everything they own and possibly some family members too. Have you any humanity in you?

Why should people from working and immigrant classes be allowed into an upper class rich area unless they can afford it and pay their own way in. Government appropriations should be banned. Humanity doesn't come into it at all. It is an attack on those who were successful by a Marxist council when there should be absolutely no social housing provided at all to anyone. sink or swim, live or die.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Why should people from working and immigrant classes be allowed into an upper class rich area unless they can afford it and pay their own way in. Government appropriations should be banned. Humanity doesn't come into it at all. It is an attack on those who were successful by a Marxist council when there should be absolutely no social housing provided at all to anyone. sink or swim, live or die.

sink or swim live or die? so if that's the attitude how about we get rid of property rights and let rich people defend their assets themselves? get rid of the govenement funded police force and government funded courts. rich people stand on their own feet and keep the "working and immigrant classes" away at their own costs.

I hope your a troll because people who believe like you saymake me despair, not everyone can be successful but we can all help treat people with respect and dignity and help those who need it when they need it, i much prefair the idea of helping those who need it rather than punishing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr-MXw5UDCk

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

These houses were always going to be available for use by low income residents at one point or another. The rich folk voicing their discontent at poor neighbour folk would have had them eventually anyway. The that impression that housing the Grenfell survivors there is a radical move is false. The flats were always going to be for social rent. The rest of your comment is disgraceful. I hope you never fall on hard times.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

sink or swim, live or die.
    Which is great in theory to many when they get up in arms about the "welfare class"(and should in a few areas), but in practice what you would have is anarchy and a bully boy state. Feudalism pretty much.

Put it another way. You're likely Irish, European, from a modern western state anyway. Would you have sunk or swum without your free/heavily subsidised education and/or health care, or without the societal safety nets of police, fire ambulance services?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Believe me, not everyone to the left of you is a Marxist. Most of western Europe is not Marxist. You're to the right of America on that one (although Hungary is making valiant attempts to reach your position).

And yeah, humanity does come into it. We're human. Most of us are capable of empathy and compassion, even tempered by common sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Spider Web

The Daily Mail pushes as much of an agenda as the Guardian.

And TheJournal.ie commenters more than cancel out any PC ideology - they are certainly not censored either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

Spider Web wrote: »

And TheJournal.ie commenters more than cancel out any PC ideology - they are certainly not censored either.

People are banned and have their comments removed all the time from TheJournal. It's happened to me many times. The more you complain about immigrants on Boards.ie or TheJournal.ie, the sooner you'll end up on the banned list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Spider Web wrote: »

Would agree with that, but the Mail sells x10 more paper than the likes of the lefty Guardian. It's also the most read (online) newspaper in the world, hence the various comments from the US & down in Aus.

Reckon the average UK'er is fairly skeptical and fed up of a NHS that is fairly broken, over crowded schools, old wans at the house of lords showing up just to collect their cheque, motorway jams, train strikes and most certainly the uncontrolled migration - this was the singular issue that caused the 52% Brexit vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

511 wrote: »
    People are banned and have their comments removed all the time from TheJournal. It's happened to me many times. The more you complain about immigrants on Boards.ie or TheJournal.ie, the sooner you'll end up on the banned list.

Good gods, given what I've seen people get away with regarding comments on thejournal.ie, what the hell were you -saying- to get yourself banned repeatedly?

...Actually, I don't think I want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

Thankfully a lot of the dailymail users see through some of the hate bait articles.

[url] http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4870478/Judy-Finnigan-69-flaunts-slimmed-figure.html#article-4870478[/URL]

Taking the worst possible photos of a 70 year old woman and describing her as if she was a 20 year old Victoria secret model.

Garners 1.2k comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭marcus001

When you read the title for the first time it almost feels as though the question answers itself.

Advertisement