Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are the comments section on dailymail articles so full of negative ?

Options
  • 04-09-2017 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭

Full of vitriol and malice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

That's basically to be expected from the typical readership of the Daily Mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Well most of the contributors are russian shills/little englanders/both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Breaking News: Water is Wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Why is shyte covered in flies?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

TheJournal.ie and Independent.ie are as bad some days. There is a handful of fake accounts that just seem to trawl these websites constantly but I can't for the life of me work out what exactly they are getting out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

IS THE METRIC SYSTEM GIVING HOUSE PRICES CANCER?

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

me_irl wrote: »
    Breaking News: Water is Wet.

Daily Mail: Water gives you cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

If you look at the quality of articles its not hard to see why its a trolls playground, hell most of the so called journalists they have are just trolls by another name

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Happened upon the daily mail article about Louise Redknapp, who is presumably in the midst of a breakdown in her marriage with Jamie. The article was basically pictures of her and her mother checking in at the airport, where she looked glum and ashen face obviously stressed out. The 'article' included quotes from inside sources etc etc.

Yet, half way down the article, which was about a marriage breakdown, they included a piece called 'Get the look!'
    Links were included to every discernible item of clothing she was wearing in the photo's.

Says it all for me about the Daily Mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

valoren wrote: »
    Happened upon the daily mail article about Louise Redknapp, who is presumably in the midst of a breakdown in her marriage with Jamie. The article was basically pictures of her and her mother checking in at the airport, where she looked glum and ashen face obviously stressed out. The 'article' included quotes from inside sources etc etc.

Yet, half way down the article, which was about a marriage breakdown, they included a piece called 'Get the look!'
    Links were included to every discernible item of clothing she was wearing in the photo's.

Says it all for me about the Daily Mail.

The fact that the menu on the side is commonly known as the "Sidebar of shame" says a lot too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Because they tuk ur jobs - durka dur

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

I have the Daily Fail app, just for the laugh like. :D
    Sometimes I just read the headline, then straight to the comments. Mainly;

Immigrants/migrants/refugees

Brexit/brexiteers/remoaners (fail-speak for people who voted against brexit)

Libtards/snowflakes

Trump

Kim wrong'un

Waity Katie/Middlebum

Wayne Rooneys wayward willy

It's actually fun to read the musings of our neighbours across the pond :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Because it trolls the shizzle out of the general public and like attracts like I suppose. You see the same with the Sindo, Indo and journal.ie comments section to a lesser extent. In general it takes a certain type of person to comment publicly on an online article, the kind of person who might call Joe Duffy or Ireland AM. A bit mental you might say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

They do these shitty articles which are nothing but pictures of a celebrity doing some shopping. It gets really weird when said celebrity has their young daughter with them and they make comments about how the daughter looks.

It's a lowbrow newspaper with crap 'news' stories.

They seem to have edited the comments from the original story but here's where they described Heidi Klums eight year old daughter as a 'leggy beauty'

BBqq0aDCUAE4ZNx.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2269261/Little-Leni-steals-mother-Heidi-Klum-wears-dowdy-outfit-to-gym-class.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

They do these shitty articles which are nothing but pictures of a celebrity doing some shopping. It gets really weird when said celebrity has their young daughter with them and they make comments about how the daughter looks.

It's a lowbrow newspaper with crap 'news' stories.

They seem to have edited the comments from the original story but here's where they described Heidi Klums eight year old daughter as a 'leggy beauty'

BBqq0aDCUAE4ZNx.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2269261/Little-Leni-steals-mother-Heidi-Klum-wears-dowdy-outfit-to-gym-class.html

Horrible article. Thankfully same reaction in comments. I lam looking at most highly rated comments

"Why are you promoting an 8 year old girl as a 'leggy beauty"

"Shame on you DM, for writing an article like this about AN EIGHT YEAR OLD GIRL."

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Misery loves company. People who are miserable love the Daily Mail because all it writes about is misery and how awful the world is and how everything is going to sh1t.

It's all nonsense, but miserable people don't care about the truth.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I suspect the comments and green arrors are heavily manipulater by the website owners. Couldn't believe the heartless remarks at the grenfell tower survivor articles.no love for their felĺow man.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Full of vitriol and malice.

Because that's the type of brain the Daily Mail attracts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

The Daily Fail is a disgusting publication. Everything causes cancer according to them. They objectify so many people. A woman could be after finding the cure for every disease going and they'd concentrate maybe a line or two to her achievements and the rest of the article on what she was wearing and how slim/curvaceous she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

It's a long time since I've looked at a comment section (it's the online equivalent of the shitty pub that serves all the people who are barred from everywhere else), but I never noticed any tonal difference between the comment sections of the Mail and the Times, Indo or Journal.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I just hate the way every woman who steps outside her door sans slap is described as "make up free". Like the fact that someone hasn't put make up on that day and is baring their natural face to the world, god forbid, is worthy of an article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Honestly it's the same as thejournal and most others.

Give me any story and incan predict how the first 10 comments will go.

I honestly don't know why the regular commenters aren't bored out of their minds. They're posting exactly the same stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Egg n'chip pensioner in Spain who cannot speak a word of Spanish calls themself an expat
    Anyone moving to Britain for work is a filthy immigrant

No story is complete without a house price. "Pensioner beaten to death by burglar in his 400,000 pound home"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

I was reading an account of breaking news about the genocide in Myanmar and scrolled down a moment to the comments section. Even in terms of internet comment sections (I don't recall which paper it was, but it was a reasonably reputable one), this comments section was absolutely disgusting.

The main take-away appeared to be "illegal Muslims deserve all they get" and something about how difficult it is to provoke peaceful Buddhists, so obviously its their fault. How -how- someone could read what was happening and say that, I do not know. How someone can look at a child fleeing absolute hell and think "Muslim! Deserves to die" absolutely escapes me. While Myanmar won't let journalists or the UN in, satellite photos of burned out villages support the case of those fleeing. Even boats of people trying to get out of the country - mostly women and children, since a lot of the men are already dead - are gunned down. That is true hatred. That isn't even "they won't live here", this is "they won't live at all". And these disgusting excuses for people, sitting in safety in the West, were celebrating it. Why? How? What has made these people so cruel?

For the record, these are closer to being indigenous people of the region, having existed there for generations (earliest settlement by these populations is estimated about eight hundred years ago) before the British-Indian occupation of then-Burma.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Some people just love to hear about the world is falling apart and it's all somebody else's fault so they can a good old moan about it all, and the Daily Mail is a great place to do that and also get helpful fashion tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

smurgen wrote: »
    I suspect the comments and green arrors are heavily manipulater by the website owners. Couldn't believe the heartless remarks at the grenfell tower survivor articles.no love for their felĺow man.

sadly in general, i find there is quite a bit of hatred toards the grenfell tower survivors from a lot of commenters to uk media whether it be papers or even social media pages. not only that, but a lot of lies and misinformation is being spread as well via social media about those who died and the survivers.

anyway in relation to the daily mail, i have always hated it. it's a filthy rag. i don't particularly like any of the news papers if i'm honest but realistically they have to be part of the sources i use for news.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Comments on most news articles are generally overwhelmingly negative. Ever read the comment section on almost every thejournal article? Place is an absolute cesspit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Shock, horror & outrage at decline of moral standards in modern day Britain cries the DM..........entire sidebar full of scantily clothed z list celebrities

No DM reporter was never North of Watford. Any article about the north of England will be about simple plain spoken working folk. You might even get to read about Sean Bean in a flat cap and hob nail boots clattering down t'mill

Advertisement