Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann N3/M3 Corridor Route & Timetable Changes - Phase 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

devnull wrote: »
    She wasn't the only politician to air her view on this, James Lawless of Fianna Fail has also given the same view, as with any issue like this, different people are going to have different views: http://kfmradio.com/news/14102017-1628/kildare-td-claims-kilcock-and-naas-commuters-being-affected-alleged-unofficial

Personally I wouldn't dignify some of the comments on that Facebook thread with responses either because of the amount of profanities and vulgar comments that have been used, and I'd suggest that the drivers would come across a lot better if they did not have to resort to that kind of thing.

Like with most things, people will always have differing opinions on these things, one thing is for sure though that the current situation needs to be dealt with and BE need to start delivering the services they are paid to do so, but drivers also have to realise that due to the companies position, rosters are going to have to be more efficient than before the recent strike.

Public representatives just say in press statements what they think their possible voters might like. It doesn't mean that the public representative knows much about the issue concerned.

Perhaps some of the comments, that defended the positions of the drivers, were quite forthright, but the presumptions made by some of the posters against Bus Éireann drivers - as a result of the unhelpful and divisive comments made by Regina Doherty - were particularly ill-informed and ignorant, with regard to how the Bus Éireann services are operated.

Regina Doherty regularly issues divisive statements to make her appeal to possible voters. This recent statement is yet another example of that, where she didn't bother getting the views of drivers, to find out the details of their perspective on the issue.

Another very interesting example is where on the morning before the 2016 election, Regina Doherty - just before the media coverage moratorium came into effect, on Thursday 25th February 2016 - in an interview with Michael Reade on LMFM, Regina Doherty made comments regarding her political relationship with constituency colleague Helen McEntee. Regina Doherty did as much as she could, in that interview, to cast Helen McEntee in a negative light. I think that she did this, because at that time, it had been suggested, that Regina Doherty might lose her seat to Darren O'Rourke of Sinn Féin.

Michael Reade, the presenter, had stated to Regina Doherty that he had heard reports that neither were co-operating in a canvass strategy. At first Regina Doherty said that that was not true, but then she completely contradicted that, by talking about how in 2011, that she and Shane McEntee had managed the canvass so well, in co-operation with each other, that when they were elected, they got within a few hundred votes of each other. Then Regina Doherty stated, that she was sorry to say, that that wasn't the case this time - during the 2016 campaign. Regina Doherty suggested that Helen McEntee was not co-operating with her, in the way that she said that Shane McEntee did, in the 2011 general election. She insinuated that Helen McEntee was encroaching on her area, in the canvassing for that 2016 election, suggesting that Helen McEntee wasn't co-operating with her, in managing the canvass. The interview was conducted live, just before the moratorium came into effect, meaning that Helen McEntee did not have time to respond.

I think Regina Doherty made these comments, to try and take votes from Helen McEntee, because there were suggestions, at that time, that Regina Doherty was going to lose her seat to Darren O'Rourke of Sinn Féin.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Public representatives just say in press statements what they think their possible voters might like.

Of course they do, but this happens on all sides of politics, on the left and the right, it's not just restricted to Regina, it's how it happens to work in politics in general and the unions will also be saying what people who they think would support them would like as well, hence why they keep seeming to not notice that the year is 2017 rather than 2015 because it won't help their arguments.
    Perhaps some of the comments, that defended the positions of the drivers, were quite forthright, but the presumptions made by some of the posters against Bus Éireann drivers, as a result of the unhelpful and divisive comments by Regina Doherty - were particularly ill-informed and ignorant, with regard to how the Bus Éireann services are operated.

The use of profanity is something I could never defend myself, if you're having a debate with another side it's possible to have that debate without having to be uncivil to each other, the fact that they have chosen not to, in my view doesn't help their cause whatsoever.

Of course they do, but this happens on all sides of politics, on the left and the right, it's not just restricted to Regina, it's how it happens to work in politics in general and the unions will also be saying what people who they think would support them would like as well, hence why they keep seeming to not notice that the year is 2017 rather than 2015 because it won't help their arguments.

The use of profanity is something I could never defend myself, if you're having a debate with another side it's possible to have that debate without having to be uncivil to each other, the fact that they have chosen not to, in my view doesn't help their cause whatsoever.

The forthright comments were in response to posters who hadn't a clue what they were talking about. I could understand a driver, or anyone else, getting impatient with people who just unquestioningly believed what was claimed by Regina Doherty in her unhelpful and divisive comments.

The forthright comments were in response to posters who hadn't a clue what they were talking about.

Being abusive and uncivil to people as they have a different opinion to someone is not the best tactics in a discussion if you ask me, they had their views, other people have others, at the end of the day, people will see things from different angles depending on their viewpoints. Staying cool and making a rational discussion and point is preferable to resorting to profanity and name calling.
    I could understand a driver, or anyone else, getting impatient with people who just unquestioningly believed what was claimed by Regina Doherty in her unhelpful and divisive comments.

But some of what Regina said was confirmed by Bus Eireann and she was far from the only TD to make claims in relation to it being unofficial industrial action as I outlined earlier.

Being abusive and uncivil to people as they have a different opinion to someone is not the best tactics in a discussion if you ask me, they had their views, other people have others, at the end of the day, people will see things from different angles depending on their viewpoints.

But some of what Regina said was confirmed by Bus Eireann and she was far from the only TD to make claims in relation to it being unofficial industrial action as I outlined earlier.

That still doesn't mean that she and other TDs are correct in suggesting that it is unofficial industrial action.

Public representatives just state in public what they think their possible voters want them to say. The details she got from Bus Éireann was never going to portray whoever it was that gave her that information, in a negative light. Just as with what happened earlier this year, press statements are written to deflect responsibility and in this case it appears that the attempt is being made to portray drivers in a negative way.

The viewpoints of some of the comments by posters against drivers were ignorant. Just because they have a viewpoint, it doesn't mean they know what they are talking about.

I did notice that Regina Doherty has not responded to the particular comments, which included relevant details on how the bus services are operated, that challenge what she claimed about drivers.

• Advertisement

That still doesn't mean that she and other TDs are correct in suggesting that it is unofficial industrial action.

I never said it was correct - it's simply her opinion and the opinion of at least one other TD who has spoke publicly about the same issue in the media.

At the end of the day, there are a variety of TDs in Ireland from across the political spectrum, it should be no surprise that the opinion of such TDs would be varied also.
    Public representatives just state in public what they think their possible voters want them to say.

I don't dispute that at all, but this goes with all politicians and with all groups of people, especially when there is a dispute, people will speak to their target audience, this isn't just restricted to Ireland, it happens in the US, the UK and most countries really.

I notice that you edited this bit in to your previous post several minutes after I replied to your post, so I'll tackle it here.
    The details she got from Bus Éireann was never going to portray whoever it was that gave her that information, in a negative light. Just as with what happened earlier this year, press statements are written to deflect responsibility and in this case it appears that the attempt is being made to portray drivers in a negative way.

Just as the same way the information that the drivers and unions put out are not going to portray them into a negative light, and press statements from the unions will be written to deflect responsibility from the drivers, it can be argued both ways around, which is why I often say the truth is often in the middle.

I notice that you edited this bit in to your previous post several minutes after I replied to your post, so I'll tackle it here.

Just as the same way the information that the drivers and unions put out are not going to portray them into a negative light, and press statements from the unions will be written to deflect responsibility from the drivers, it can be argued both ways around, which is why I often say the truth is often in the middle.

The issue is, why did Regina Doherty take one side on this issue. Wouldn't she have been better off trying to find out as much detail as possible from both sides, before making any statements at all? She didn't do that. She took one side and made unhelpful divisive unhelpful statements.

Very true devnull, I edited the post because when I am typing something, I post it, so that I won't lose the text. You may have also noticed that I was editing the post, at exactly the same time as you had replied to me, so what happened was, that when I posted my edited post, I hadn't yet seen your reply to my original post.

There is no need to suggest that I did anything sinister, thanks very much. What I was actually doing was trying to find that LMFM interview from Thursday 25th February 2016, that I referenced in the earlier post, to include a link to the interview, but I did not find it yet, I think because it seems that the archive of shows of The Michael Reade Show, do not seem to go back as far as it did, before the LMFM website was updated sometime last year.

Therefore, I had not seen your reply before I edited my post.

The issue is, why did Regina Doherty takes one side on this issue. Wouldn't she have been better off trying to find out as much detail as possible from both sides, before making any statements?

People always take sides on issues, there is nothing sinister about that, it's called having an opinion, maybe she doesn't believe the unions or the drivers just as the unions and drivers do not believe Bus Eireann? There are two sides to every story
    Very true devnull, I edited the post because when I am typing something, I post it, so that I won't lose the text. You may have also noticed that I was editing the post, at exactly the same time as you had replied to me, so what happened was, that when I posted my edited post, I hadn't yet seen your reply to my original post. There is no need to suggest that I did anything sinister, thanks very much.

I never suggested that you did anything sinister, I was simply stating a fact to make it clear that when I made my original post the text which I quoted was not there to be transparent about it, that is all.

People always take sides on issues, there is nothing sinister about that, it's called having an opinion, maybe she doesn't believe the unions or the drivers just as the unions and drivers do not believe Bus Eireann? There are two sides to every story

I never suggested that you did anything sinister, I was simply stating a fact to make it clear that when I made my original post the text which I quoted was not there to be transparent about it, that is all.

And I have detailed why I had not seen your reply - to the post I had written - before I added to my original post.

Indeed, people do take sides, but many of those who make comments and have opinions, aren't in the position of responsibility, in the way that public representatives from a current government, are.

I would have thought a government minister would have a bit more cop on, than to just take one side, on an issue like this, where she followed up her stance, by issuing divisive statements.

• Advertisement

Indeed, people do take sides, but I would have thought a government minister would have a bit more cop on, than to just take one side, on an issue like this, where she followed up her stance, by issuing divisive statements.

People always issue divisive statements in a dispute, trade unions did it in the strike earlier this year, you never see people cuddling up to each other and saying lets be friends, it simply doesn't happen because each set of people tends to believe one thing and the other set believes another and are entrenched in their views.

Some of what she said was her opinion and some of what she said was backed up by Bus Eireann management and as I said previously, she's not the only TD to have this opinion at the end of the day, someone from Fianna Fail had a similar view and of course some people will disagree with those views just as some people will disagree with the drivers/union.

In a democracy people will always air a range of different views and from time to time they may involve some things that other people may not like, but that is part of living in a democracy, everyone can have their say and air the views and I think that makes our society better, not worse.

People always issue divisive statements in a dispute, trade unions did it in the strike earlier this year, you never see people cuddling up to each other and saying lets be friends, it simply doesn't happen because each set of people tends to believe one thing and the other set believes another and are entrenched in their views.

Some of what she said was her opinion and some of what she said was backed up by Bus Eireann management and as I said previously, she's not the only TD to have this opinion at the end of the day, someone from Fianna Fail had a similar view and of course some people will disagree with those views just as some people will disagree with the drivers/union.

In a democracy people will always air a range of different views and from time to time they may involve some things that other people may not like, but that is part of living in a democracy, everyone can have their say and air the views and I think that makes our society better, not worse.

I am making the point, that Regina Doherty need not have taken one side on the issue. She could have taken the time - but she didn't - to hear the concerns of both sides in this issue, before making any statement at all.

James Lawless of Fianna Fáil, and any other public representative who comments on an issue like this, should take the time to hear concerns of different sides in a dispute before commenting publicly on an issue.

Indeed, both sides in a dispute, do issue partisan statements, but I would have thought that any public representative should listen to what both sides are saying, rather than issuing divisive statements. If they did that their public statements would, at least, be more informed and balanced.

I am making the point, that Regina Doherty need not have taken one side on the issue. She could have taken the time - but she didn't - to hear the concerns of both sides in this issue, before making any statement at all.

Indeed, both sides in a dispute, do issue partisan statements, but I would have thought that any public representative should listen to what both sides are saying, rather than issuing divisive statements. If they did that their public statements would, at least, be more informed and balanced.

Do you think that when the likes of representatives from Sinn Fein or Solidarity etc issue statements backing the unions, they hold meetings with Bus Eireann as well as those with the unions? Because I strongly doubt they do, they'll just listen to one side as well, the side that happens to be closest aligned to their political beliefs or their personal beliefs on the matter at hand.

I would be very surprised if there are any apolitical TDs who were neutral in the country, whether they are left wing, right wing or centrists because being apolitical is the opposite of being political and politics by it's definition is going to be highly political.

What you are outlining is simply how politics works.

Do you think that when the likes of representatives from Sinn Fein or Solidarity etc issue statements backing the unions, they hold meetings with Bus Eireann as well as those with the unions? Because I strongly doubt they do, they'll just listen to one side as well, the side that happens to be closest aligned to their political beliefs or their personal beliefs on the matter at hand.

I would be very surprised if there are any apolitical TDs who were neutral in the country, whether they are left wing, right wing or centrists because being apolitical is the opposite of being political and politics by it's definition is going to be highly political.

What you are outlining is simply how politics works.

Perhaps, but it just seems to me that the particular comments by Regina Doherty, about drivers, only caused divisiveness, rather than contributing in any way towards resolving the issues regarding the revised services, or resolving the issues that are relevant to the operation of the new NX service. That is why I think her comments were unhelpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

There are so many incorrect things with your post and claims that I do not know where to start to be frank, but suffice to say your maths is seriously flawed.

€316k x 30 = €9.48m

I'm using the excuse it was a little late at night and I'm sticking to it! :D

Also I am not making claims but just asking a question!

Looks like we're back to issues again.

I take it disruption is the latest PR spin for cancelled?
    We regret to inform customers in the Eastern Region of disruptions to the following services this evening:

109A
    19.40 ex Kells to DAP (alternate services at 18.40 & 20.40)
    21.15 ex DAP to Kells (alternate services at 20.15 & 22.15)

NX
    17.40 ex Wilton Terrace to Navan (alternative service at 18.00)
    19.20 ex Navan to Wilton Terrace(alternative service at 20.00)

17.58 ex Beresford Place to Ratoath (20 mins frequency)
    22.28 ex Beresford Place to Ratoath (20 mins frequency)
    23.32 ex Ratoath to Beresford Place (20 mins frequency)

18.45 Ex Athboy to Dublin (alternate services at 17.45 & 19.45)
    21.15 Ex Busaras to Athboy (alternate services at 20.15 & 22.15)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Commuter109

Is there talk of them further reviewing the changes they have made at the end of October and possibly making tweaks?

Cant remember if i read it or dreamed it! but surely something has to give, they cant go on with the levels of cancellations we witnessed in the last month or so ?

Is there talk of them further reviewing the changes they have made at the end of October and possibly making tweaks?

Cant remember if i read it or dreamed it! but surely something has to give, they cant go on with the levels of cancellations we witnessed in the last month or so ?

If they do make changes, my guess is that they might make the NX service less frequent throughout the day to and from Dublin, as there are times when the NX and 109 leave Navan within minutes of each other, and the NX is nowhere near full.

I may be incorrect on this, but I think maybe there are cases of cancellations, where a service, due to issues like traffic congestion at certain times in the day, is not able to get back to either Navan or Dublin, on time for its scheduled return departure time.

Can anyone confirm, if that is what is occurring, and if it is this, that is contributing to the cases of cancellations, of specific later scheduled services?

I'm just wondering, why some of the cancellations, that occurred a few weeks ago, were posted on Bus Éireann's website, a few hours before the cancelled services, were scheduled to operate.

A few people have posted here and elsewhere that Bus Éireann started this NX Navan-Johnstown-Dublin service, without having enough drivers available, to operate such a frequent service, throughout the day.

I'm wondering, how long in advance of scheduled upcoming services, does Bus Éireann know if there are drivers available, to these operate upcoming services?

How long in advance of services, does Bus Éireann arrange to have drivers available, to operate these services?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Quickest time every on a bus from Dublin to Virginia the other day. Last Sunday I got the 4.15pm bus from Busarus and was in Virginia at 5.38.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭tom23

I'd be interested in that as well. Maybe LXFlyer might have heard a snippet! I would question the frequency after peak times. Is the numbers there to justify bus every 20 mins to and from Navan? Can't speak for the rest of the changes as I don't know anything about them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

I do like the fact that the NX goes from Wilton Terrace at all times as it saves me the trip to busaras! But I do wonder how they will keep up the frequency of buses as I got a midday bus on Saturday to Navn and was the only person for the entire trip!

haro124 wrote: »
    I do like the fact that the NX goes from Wilton Terrace at all times as it saves me the trip to busaras! But I do wonder how they will keep up the frequency of buses as I got a midday bus on Saturday to Navn and was the only person for the entire trip!

That's what I think is the concerning thing about the frequency of the NX being every 20 minutes.

Often the 109 and NX leave Navan Market Square within minutes of each other. And if you are waiting at Beresford Place and if you are informed that you just missed an NX service, rather than waiting a full 20 minutes or more, if you go down to Bus Aras, you could get a 109 that leaves around the same time as the next NX is scheduled to leave Beresford Place, or before the next NX is scheduled to leave. That happened me recently, where I went down to Beresford Place, and just missed an NX, and was informed that the next NX would be due to leave in 40 minutes. I think the driver of that next scheduled NX from Beresford place, got delayed with traffic, coming to Dublin from Navan on the NX, and was due a break, which is fair.

I went to Bus Aras and got a 109 that was leaving in a few minutes. I guess it is very possible that I got to Navan before the next scheduled NX got to Navan, even though the 109 went through Dunshaughlin.

I found that prior to 17th September, that there was, more often than not - throughout the day, to and from Dublin - more than enough space for people at Kells, Navan and Dunshaughlin, going to and from Dublin on the 109s that served Cavan, to and from Dublin.

Certain 109s from Cavan did not serve Dunshaughlin - and certain 109s from Cavan in the early morning avoided Navan - but many did serve Dunshaughlin, and I found that on these services that there was enough space for people at Dunshaughlin, Navan and Kells, as well as Cavan, for example the 10.30pm 109 from Bus Aras.

Now with the NX picking up at Navan Market Square, Johnstown and some other stops in the Navan area like Ardboyne Bridge, Navan (Opposite Meath County Council), Navan (opposite IDA Ireland), Dalgan Park and Garlow Cross - at certain times during the day, you might have just six, seven or eight people, on the bus going to and from Navan and Dublin.

If there are going to be changes made to the NX timetable, my guess is that the frequency of the NX might be reduced.

What do you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Now with the NX only picking up at Johnstown, at certain times during the day, you might have six, seven or eight people, on the bus going to and from Navan and Dublin.

Does the NX not pick up in Johnstown throughout the day?

Does the NX not pick up in Johnstown throughout the day?

All NX services pick up and drop off at Johnstown.

I should have written that during the day, considering the NX serves Navan Market Square and Johnstown, and some other stops in the Navan area, like Ardboyne Bridge, Garlow Cross and Dalgan Park - at certain times during the day, you might have just six, seven or eight people, on the NX bus going to and from Navan and Dublin.

I have edited the sentence in the post above, to which you replied, to rephrase what I had written, to mention other Navan stops covered on the NX service; Ardboyne Bridge, Navan (Opposite Meath County Council), Navan (opposite IDA Ireland), Dalgan Park and Garlow Cross.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105057477&postcount=263

http://buseireann.ie/timetables/1504435631-NX.pdf

The point I was making, was that the previous 109 services going to and from Dublin and Cavan, that served Kells, Navan and Dunshaughlin. were - more often than not - able to accommodate people waiting at the intermediate stops at Kells, Navan and Dunshaughlin.

As a result, I am not sure if the current frequency of the NX can be sustained, considering that many of the NX services, do not have that many passengers on board, after they serve the Navan stops, on the way to Dublin.

As an example of how there was usually enough space on the previous 109 services that covered Cavan to and from Dublin, I gave the example of the 10.30pm 109 service, from Bus Aras to Cavan, very often having enough space for people at Kells, Navan and Dunshaughlin, as well Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭tom23

haro124 wrote: »

Well there you go! Nice to have the bus to ones self!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

tom23 wrote: »
    Well there you go! Nice to have the bus to ones self!

But also I noticed five confused people at the ardboyne when the bus back to Dublin s
    Turned to Johnstown😅

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I book the 109 online. I go to Busaras and queue for ages. I get to the top of the queue. The staff member shouts "Dunshaughlin only" and I am told to go to Beresford Place After several head scratching laps of Busaras I ask another staff member for help. He directs me to Liberty Hall to get the Navan X. I am fuming at this point. In fairness though the bus is empty and quite plush. Can't see it lasting though if Bus Eireann are losing money!

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I book the 109 online. I go to Busaras and queue for ages. I get to the top of the queue. The staff member shouts "Dunshaughlin only" and I am told to go to Beresford Place After several head scratching laps of Busaras I ask another staff member for help. He directs me to Liberty Hall to get the Navan X. I am fuming at this point. In fairness though the bus is empty and quite plush. Can't see it lasting though if Bus Eireann are losing money!

What time had you intended getting the 109 from Bus Aras?

The reason I ask is that at certain times of the day, there are 109 services that are hourly, to and from Kells, Navan, Dunshaughlin and Dublin.

Since the timetable changes made on 17th September, there are also certain separate 109 services, to and from Dunshaughlin and Bus Aras. For example, there are 109 services that end in Dunshaughlin, which leave Bus Aras at 8.15am, 10.15am, 12.15pm, 2.15pm, 4.15pm, 6.15pm and 8.15pm.

Was it for one of these services, that you had been queueing, by mistake?

If you were getting a 109 bus, at a time when the 109 is hourly from Bus Aras to Dunshaughlin, Navan and Kells - for example shortly before 7pm, when the 109 services to Dunshaughlin, Navan and Kells are hourly at 45 minutes past the hour, from 6.45pm - the two staff members that suggested going to Beresford Place, might have done so because the NX is scheduled every 20 minutes from Beresford Place to Navan.

Depending on what time you arrived at Bus Aras, you could have been waiting less time at Beresford Place, for the next NX to Navan - than you might have been waiting, for the next 109, from Bus Aras, to Dunshaughlin, Navan and Kells.

If you had stayed at Bus Aras, how long would you have had to wait, at Bus Aras, for the next 109 to Dunshaughlin, Navan and Kells?

Had you just missed a 109 to Dunshaughlin, Navan and Kells, when you got to Bus Aras?

http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1504435589-109.pdf

http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1504435631-NX.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Coinsguy

Want to get the 109 from Dublin to navan at around midnight or 1am this Sunday night / Monday morning (public holiday). Their timetables are fairly confusing now. The nx doesn't look like it'll cover those times, but the 109a looks like it might!? Don't trust their timetables anyway, don't think they leave from Busaras at those times right?

• Advertisement

Coinsguy wrote: »
    Want to get the 109 from Dublin to navan at around midnight or 1am this Sunday night / Monday morning (public holiday). Their timetables are fairly confusing now. The nx doesn't look like it'll cover those times, but the 109a looks like it might!? Don't trust their timetables anyway, don't think they leave from Busaras at those times right?

The last 109 is 11.45pm every night, including Public Holidays, from the main entrance side of Bus Aras.

After that, you can get the 109A from the Store Street side of Bus Aras, every night, including Public Holidays, at 12.25am, 1.25am, 2.25am, 3.25am, 4.25am, 5.25am and 6.25am.

The 109A has been operating hourly, 24 hours, to and from Kells, Navan, Dunshaughlin, Ratoath, Ashbourne and Dublin Airport, since the end of July 2016.

At night, the 109A has been serving Bus Aras, to and from Kells, Navan, Dunshaughlin, Ratoath and Ashbourne - as well as serving Dublin Airport, to and from Kells, Navan, Dunshaughlin, Ratoath and Ashbourne - on the hourly services during the night, since the end of July 2016.

When leaving from Bus Aras throughout the night, on the 109A, Dublin Airport is a pick up stop only. You can't buy a ticket at Bus Aras to get out at Dublin Airport.

The DCU stop is not served on the 109A services that operate throughout the night.

The 109A operates throughout the night to Dublin Airport and Bus Aras, from Kells, Navan, Dunshaughlin, Ratoath and Ashbourne.

The 109A services leave Kells Town Hall at 12.45am, 1.45am, 2.45am, 3.45am, 4.45am, 5.45am, 6.45am and 7.45am, and continue to leave Kells Town Hall at 45 minutes past the hour throughout the day.

The last NX on Sunday nights and Public Holidays is at 11.30pn from Wilton Terrace, which also picks up at 11.45pm from Beresford Place.

The last NX service, Monday to Saturday, from Wilton Terrace is at 11.10pm, which also picks up at Beresford Place, at 11.25pm.

http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1473263565-109A.pdf
    http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1504435589-109.pdf
    http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1504435631-NX.pdf

The number 30 Donegal Town service at midnight from the Store Street side of Bus Aras, serves Navan and Kells, as drop off points.

This midnight number 30 Donegal Town service from the Store Street side of Bus Aras, had been serving Navan and Kells, from the end of June 2008 until 29th May 2011, and then from October 2012. It served Navan and Kells, at a time when the last 109 services from Bus Aras were at 11pm every night, before the 24 hour 109A service was introduced at the end of July 2016.

I think it was in October 2011, that the 109 timetable was changed, to running a last 109 service from Bus Aras to Clonee, Dunshaughlin, Navan and Kells, at 11.30pm Monday to Saturday, but 11pm on Sundays. The 109 timetable had been changed in May 2011, where certain 109 services from Cavan started serving Dublin Airport, but these 109 services were changed again a few months later on 23rd October 2011, which meant that the 109 services stopped serving Dublin Airport, and the 109A was extended to serve Kells.
    http://www.buseireann.ie/news.php?id=1012&month=Oct
    http://www.buseireann.ie/news.php?id=956&month=May

At that time, before the 24 hour 109A started at the end of July 2016, the last service you could get to Navan and Kells, from Sunday to Thursday, was the midnight number 30 bus to Donegal.
    (The 109N which operated from Bus Aras at 12.30am and 3.30am on Friday and Saturday nights, from November 2003, was ended in May 2017).

http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1469801409-30.pdf

Keep checking Bus Éireann's website for any cancellations to the 109A services that may occur. I just saw this item detailing cancellations of some 109A services that were scheduled to operate last night and early this morning (Friday night / Saturday morning)

The press release is dated 28th October and the time is listed as updated midnight, so I think the services it mentions refer to services that were cancelled last night - Friday night 27th October / Saturday morning 29th October.

http://www.buseireann.ie/news_timetable.php?id=2446&month=Oct

Advertisement