Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utah nurse arrested for refusing to draw blood from unconscious patient

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Your Face wrote: »
    He's a maverick renegade.
    She's by-the-book nurse.

Together they are...
    Law and Orderly

He beats an
    She treats him

Starring John Hillerman.

:D:D:D:D:D

That is, without doubt, the funniest post I've ever read on Boards!!! I'm f*cking dying laughing here!!! :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The Mormons control Utah, especially Salt Lake City.
    Probably a Mormon hospital, maybe the nurse is Mormon and there will be nothing more about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

it appears from conversation that there is some on going contention between the hospital and law enforcement around the drawing of blood from people involved in traffic accidents. Hospital is trying to cover it's self from liability, law enforcement are just trying to do there job.

No, the nurse and her supervisor and the hospital policy were correct. The US Supreme court ruled out warrant-less blood tests in 2016 as a 4th amendment violation.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/15pdf/14-1468_8n59.pdf

So, no the law enforcement detective and his lieutenant weren't just trying to do their job, at minimum they were ignorant of the law, their actions against the nurse had no lawful justification and a Utah DA has requested a criminal investigation within hours of it going viral.

The victim it turns out is an Idaho reserve police officer, apparently his department has now thanked the nurse for upholding his constitutional protections.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Nabber wrote: »
    Who cares?
    It's in the USA. Not our issue.
    People in Ireland caught up with the whole policing issue in the states

Its an interesting discussion though ,no..?

anyway I'm happy for the nurse. She'll be loaded after this thanks to another retarded american police officer.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

ressem wrote: »
    it appears from conversation that there is some on going contention between the hospital and law enforcement around the drawing of blood from people involved in traffic accidents. Hospital is trying to cover it's self from liability, law enforcement are just trying to do there job.

No, the nurse and her supervisor and the hospital policy were correct. The US Supreme court ruled out warrant-less blood tests in 2016 as a 4th amendment violation.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/15pdf/14-1468_8n59.pdf

So, no the law enforcement detective and his lieutenant weren't just trying to do their job, at minimum they were ignorant of the law, their actions against the nurse had no lawful justification and a Utah DA has requested a criminal investigation within hours of it going viral.

The victim it turns out is an Idaho reserve police officer, apparently his department has now thanked the nurse for upholding his constitutional protections.

So you site your post with a 67 page Supreme Court rulling like it's going to add weight to your point. I'm not going to read that ever! Haha 😂 we will see what the DA does with it anyway.

Storm in a tea cup that nobody will even care about next week after Trump or fat boy Kim come out and say something stupid again.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I live in Utah and I don't even care about this. Irish and brits are obsessed with US policing and alt right politics. It's a different country why is my face book full of posts from Irish people taking side in a democracy that's thousands of miles away. It's baffling to me.

Why are you on an Irish forum so?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

White nurses matter!

That video is so ridiculous. Why would you try to arrest a nurse.... What a tard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Any blood sample taken would have been
    Inadmissable in any court case. As illegally
    gathered evidence. 'Fruit of the poisoned tree'
    as they like to say in U.S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

RobertKK wrote: »
    The Mormons control Utah, especially Salt Lake City.
    Probably a Mormon hospital, maybe the nurse is Mormon and there will be nothing more about it.

Cool, maybe the Mormons are experiencing a leap into reality at the moment. We don't live in 1800s we live in 2017. Tech says no. Outdated goons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭degsie

Exactly what I was thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Nabber wrote: »
    Who cares?
    It's in the USA. Not our issue.
    People in Ireland caught up with the whole policing issue in the states

And then use in their defence when dealing with Gardai here, i.e. "I know my rights, I've watched loads of YouTube videos"

Advertisement