Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most popular bike in Ireland?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Synthol wrote: »
    Mondello? Please... Isle of Man? Probably.

:D:D:D:D......you're funny..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Mondello? Please... Isle of Man? Probably.

Shame you werent around last Monday.
    Great day was had by all.

You even missed the dyno day in RPM yesterday.
    Shame you couldnt make that either.

Oh well,maybe next time,eh??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭Synthol

Stewy if you really want to race me that much then pm, absolutely no problem arranging it. You're one of those mid life crisis weekend riders who has to keep up with the latest motorcycle fashion trends with dainese written everywhere and brembo stickers.

Stewy if you really want to race me that much then pm, absolutely no problem arranging it. You're one of those mid life crisis weekend riders who has to keep up with the latest motorcycle fashion trends with dainese written everywhere and brembo stickers.

Jesus wept I allmost spilled me cornflakes out of the bowl reading your post...

You're a gas man with the posts.

You really are.

• Advertisement

Throw up a picture of you're bike......be great if you could post it here and tell us the spec of the bike.

I mean,this is a motorbike forum...

So throw up the pics and specs please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Throw up a picture of you're bike......be great if you could post it here and tell us the spec of the bike.

I mean,this is a motorbike forum...

So throw up the pics and specs please.

Careful Stewy, you're asking for a punishment overtake here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Sonics2k wrote:
    Careful Stewy, you're asking for a punishment overtake here.

Boom, busa'd or should that be bussie'd??

bladespin wrote: »
    Boom, busa'd or should that be bussie'd??

More like pussied.....busa me hole...he drives a silver Seat....:D

More like pussied.....busa me hole...he drives a silver Seat....:D

This is what I get for standing up to you in one of the threads? Ungrateful ****. I would take you to another universe with my silver seat. Please report me and continue to get bullied in this forum by everyone. Sheep cannot imagine what's it's like to be a lion.

• Advertisement

😦😦😦😦😦😦...sowyyyy...thought you had a thicker skin...thanks for the abusive pm....I won't report you as I know you didn't mean it..☺

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

Here an attempt to get back on topic...
    I'm gonna go with a Bandit 600 simply by virtue of the amount of them for sale, the amount I see on the road, and the amount of learner's who get them as starter bikes.

CSO data doesn't give models, only make, so for the period 1998 - 2016 Honda are top of the pile with 33,089 registered vehicles, Suzuki 2nd with 20,475, and BMW 3rd with 6,623. Over that period I'd say the Blade would be the most popular bike of the Honda range if you exclude scooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Colm17RvB wrote: »
    Here an attempt to get back on topic...

Totally agree, though imaginary bikes seem to be becoming very popular too.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cienciano wrote: »
    You sound like the bad guy from a badly dubbed 70s kung fu movie

Aaaaaaaaaaand we just happen to have someone well versed in the martial arts here too, although I got rid of my BMW two years ago so I'm probably safe from Chuck Norris Synthol.

[Not Kung Fu, but I can do the bad lip sync wearing an open face helmet and sitting bolt upright at 250kph on my Z1000].

Aaaaaaaaaaand we just happen to have someone well versed in the martial arts here too, although I got rid of my BMW two years ago so I'm probably safe from Chuck Norris Synthol.

[Not Kung Fu, but I can do the bad lip sync wearing an open face helmet and sitting bolt upright at 250kph on my Z1000].

:p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

Sure I wave at everyone.:p

Its nice to be important,but its more important to be nice.:)

I've been known to wave at cars

166379349.8sWGv1tx.jpg

Well there must be at least 10 BMW rr's in Laragh of a sunday morning...common as sh1t southside it seems...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

CBR's, GSXR's and bandits

I recon these are the most popular, not blades as such but all cbr variants and same for the gsxr's, had a bandit too and I'd prob buy one again (when I'm older)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Got a GSX-R750 at the moment, wouldn't mind a S1000RR or R1 in the future.

Reindeer wrote: »
    I've been known to wave at cars

166379349.8sWGv1tx.jpg

Blasphemy

• Advertisement

Gixxer and Blade.

Seems to be the most popular bikes at large rideouts,road race meets and on trackdays in Mondello.

How are they the most popular? You've been out on the bike for a commute Monday to Friday at the ''rush hour''? You see them a lot at ride outs and meets because these bikes are usually owned by enthusiasts but they are not the most popular bikes in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Gixxer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

Blasphemy

Heh. I'm not waving in that image - I am dictating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

I am waiting for the new S1000RR to come out in 2019 - if I like it I might buy it, But the current spy pics on the net look a bit disappointing. I am glad there has been no mention of Triumph or Ducati on this thread. You would never see a locally registered Triumph or Ducati down here in Kerry. Although I know a new Monster 1200R was purchased by someone during 2017. I like my bikes (Bonneville T120 and Monster 821) to be a rare sight. Although my first big bike was a Bandit 600S - bought it because I loved the sound out of them and the naked model looked real snazzy in that metallic candy red colour.

Advertisement