Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most popular bike in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

Dexter Bip wrote: »
    Oy Stop the Bandit Bashing. Not everyone has an R1 and I get as much fun out of my Bandit as anyone else with a sports bike. Still out accelerates any car and can scare the sh*t now and again. I used to have a CBR600 but hated the riding position. Just too old I guess.

I once told a friend of mine that he looked like an old dog on his Harley(he was 27 at the time). He told me, "You look like a Power Ranger trying to rape a Japanese vending machine." Best laugh we had in a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah..theyre like an epidemic...:P

I remember a few years ago MCN had an article about the most popular bike in UK over 125cc. IF you combined the 1200GS and 1200GSA is was the most popular by a good bit. But that was about 6 years ago, better competition for the GS now.

Synthol wrote: »
    He's right. Only ***** would be happy going to the dealership and paying €1000 for an oil change, then walking out smiling because they got free covfefe. Real bikers do the servicing themselves. Rich ****s go to bmw and get fleeced thinking they got a bargain.

Translation: "I'm poor and I'm jealous of BMW riders who have more money than me" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

He's right. Only ***** would be happy going to the dealership and paying €1000 for an oil change, then walking out smiling because they got free covfefe. Real bikers do the servicing themselves. Rich ****s go to bmw and get fleeced thinking they got a bargain.

Wow,why so hostile??:eek:

Im a BMW owner and a more hands on person actually.

Do you have an issue with that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭Synthol

Cienciano wrote: »
    Translation: "I'm poor and I'm jealous of BMW riders who have more money than me" :pac:

Poor? Probably.
    Jealous? Hahaha please tell me the meeting place and send me your mobile no. and we will see who will be jealous. My motorbike is not as expensive as the bmw but will easily destroy all these motorbikes and yes I want to prove it to you. Please invite me to one of your spins and you will see.

• Advertisement

Wow,why so hostile??:eek:

Im a BMW owner and a more hands on person actually.

Do you have an issue with that?

You can change the wheels? Not all bmw riders are ***** but usually the ones on the r1200gs are, thinking they're big men but I have a way of dealing with that which is passing them with a couple of inches of room. I can tolerate many things but snobbery is not one of them.

You can change the wheels? Not all bmw riders are ***** but usually the ones on the r1200gs are, thinking they're big men but I have a way of dealing with that which is passing them with a couple of inches of room. I can tolerate many things but snobbery is not one of them.

I service my own bikes mate. Plenty of my posts and pics for you to look at on this forum.

You need to calm down there with your posting attitude and name calling.

Nobody is being a snob either.

May i suggest that you respect the fact that we are all bikers,regardless of what we ride. And we should all stick together and not be mocking or stereotyping because of what bike we choose to buy.

Calm it down and reflect on that a bit.

Happy and safe biking to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

What a hero. I bet all the other kids think you're the coolest.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

A punishment overtake

Poor? Probably.
    Jealous? Hahaha please tell me the meeting place and send me your mobile no. and we will see who will be jealous. My motorbike is not as expensive as the bmw but will easily destroy all these motorbikes and yes I want to prove it to you. Please invite me to one of your spins and you will see.

You sound like the bad guy from a badly dubbed 70s kung fu movie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Poor? Probably.

Yikes..someone has penis issues.....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Do you punishmentovertake all r1200gs riders, or just the snobby ones? If just the snobby ones, how do you know they're snobby? Do they not wave at you or something?

Lumen wrote: »
    Do you punishmentovertake all r1200gs riders, or just the snobby ones? If just the snobby ones, how do you know they're snobby? Do they not wave at you or something?

They don't admire his Star Wars lunchbox.

Gravelly wrote: »
    What a hero. I bet all the other kids think you're the coolest.

Thank you.

Lumen wrote: »

Just the snobby ones. No wave is a big identifier. I feel like a dumbass if I nod and they just look away because I am not on a bmw. Passing them by a few inches teaches them a lesson.

Gravelly wrote: »
    They don't admire his Star Wars lunchbox.

This as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Poor? Probably.

Steady on there buddy!

Did it ever occur to you that a lot of people just don't have time to do stuff on there bikes anymore?

I used to do everything on my Bike.
    However, as I've gotten older, things have improved financially but I have literally no time now.
    I most certainly do not have 2 hours to service a bike on a Saturday, that's kids time!
    I'm earning enough now that I can drop the bike somewhere on the way to work, get a loaner and pick it up fully serviced and warranty intact on the way home.
    I've a bunch of tools sitting in a shed that I rarely use now, maybe when the kid is older (Teenager) and couldn't be arsed with me, I might be able to get back into it.

Why would you endanger another bikers life with reckless overtaking (few inches)?

And just for info, the Beamers are the cheapest at the moment as far as I can see, S1000RR full spec is nearly €2,000 than the R1. I wanted the R1, but the Beamer was cheaper and they have BMW dealer network to back you up.

Let me guess you have a K6 GSXR1000 or Busa or Z1400....

Dont think anyone needs to justify themselves for bike ,gear, sexual preferences ,etc to anyone on here mate..everyone chillax..;)

Back to the OP....surely the most popular bike would be some scooter/moped...no..????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Dont think anyone needs to justify themselves for bike ,gear, sexual preferences ,etc to anyone on here mate..everyone chillax..;)

Back to the OP....surely the most popular bike would be some scooter/moped...no..????

Yeah, reading this is a bit sad really. Who gives a shíte what bike someone else is riding, so long as they enjoy it and are happy.

Burgman 400 aka The "Burger Van" all the way baby.:D:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭flatty

This thread has taken a very odd turn. Why would you judge a lad by his bike?
    Bizarre behaviour.
    I don't do a single thing to mine, I'd rather it is looked after by an expert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I'd take that lad with a pinch of salt to be honest folks. I don't think I can honestly read the posters posts without having a giggle.

The not waving was at him a classic, and then handing out the punishment overtake, had a laugh at that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

TallGlass wrote: »
    I'd take that lad with a pinch of salt to be honest folks. I don't think I can honestly read the posters posts without having a giggle.

The not waving was at him a classic, and then handing out the punishment overtake, had a laugh at that one.
    Best part of that is, after noticing they didn't return his wave, he'll actually have to turn around in order to dish out his punishment.

I used to ride an 1150GS. If people don't want to be my friend because of that, all the better!

Best part of that is, after noticing they didn't return his wave, he'll actually have to turn around in order to dish out his punishment

Just realised that now that you've said it - that makes it even funnier.

Sure I wave at everyone.:p

Its nice to be important,but its more important to be nice.:)

Most popular bike or most waviest .......:confused::pac:

Oh and i can solder too.
    So im not that posh or snobby afterall....lol

But it looks like our dear friend angered the mod gods,as sadly hes no longer with us.

Maybe some day i will meet him at Mondello or a charity bike event on his super turbo powered busa bike.

The Yamaha Tracer seems to be a good seller here in Ireland. Ive seen alot of them about in recent months.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Sure I wave at everyone.:p

Its nice to be important,but its more important to be nice.:)

Snap :D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    Snap :D

A nod or a wave is allways nice.:)

• Advertisement

Oh and i can solder too.
    So im not that posh or snobby afterall....lol

But it looks like our dear friend angered the mod gods,as sadly hes no longer with us.

Maybe some day i will meet him at Mondello or a charity bike event on his super turbo powered busa bike.

The Yamaha Tracer seems to be a good seller here in Ireland. Ive seen alot of them about in recent months.

Mondello? Please... Isle of Man? Probably.

Advertisement