Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant, quick spiders

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I had a tarantula before I moved over. She was good craic, literally the laziest thing I've ever seen. Low maintenance was an understatement, it only moved when I fed her, otherwise she'd feck off in her cave she digged. Whenever she got rid of her old skin I thought she died because she flipped on her bag. I kept all of them, I could see her grow, she was the size of my hand.
    It was by far the best pet I've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Your Face wrote: »
    I thought you said 'You alright spider'
    giphy.gif

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I remember spraying a wolf spider in my apartment in Hong Kong with a pesticide. It was the size of my hand. It ran off the balcony to outside the ground floors front door. Next thing I hear is a scream from the girl downstairs. It looked like it was going to jump at her....it was dead however:)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Geimhreadh

Seen some monstrous ones around my place too. Have to gotten into a bag of steroids somewhere.

Had to stop dropping off I the garden and just ending them since they just made their way back into the house

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

What's with all this "moved him to the garden" bull?

You know the bugger is heading straight back in.

Kill em dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

DrPhilG wrote: »

Kill em dead.

Kill or be killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

My little 8 month old Jack Russell is a giant spider serial killer...always spots them and toys with them pawing them then biting and basically torturing the spider until its almost dead...then its picked up and brought to his bed where he feasts on the insides.
    End up feeling sorry for the spider in the end,they really dont bother me,used tocollect them in a jar as a young fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

The False Widow is the only one you have to be wary of. They are becoming more common here.

I found one of them in the bathtub a couple of days ago, I just picked it up on a loofah and put it out the front door; poor thing just looked confused :(

KJX5Kh2.jpg

I looked it up afterwards because the pattern on the back was unfamiliar and found out what it was - apparently they are about as dangerous as any other irish spider, which is not at all dangerous. They are not aggressive and have terrible vision so they only bite if they are directly threatened, they won't chase you around the house. The bite is about as bad as a bee sting and only a risk if you are allergic, or if it gets infected.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

It's that time of year again. The large garden spiders roaming indoors in search of mates and warmth.

Just got rid of the 1st one. Would have thought 5 floors up would be out of range but oh no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

eviltwin wrote: »
    I just had to go and Google image that, no sleep for me tonight

Are you sure you found the correct one there are lots of spiders on the web.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

B0jangles wrote: »
    I found one of them in the bathtub a couple of days ago, I just picked it up on a loofah and put it out the front door; poor thing just looked confused :(

KJX5Kh2.jpg

I looked it up afterwards because the pattern on the back was unfamiliar and found out what it was - apparently they are about as dangerous as any other irish spider, which is not at all dangerous. They are not aggressive and have terrible vision so they only bite if they are directly threatened, they won't chase you around the house. The bite is about as bad as a bee sting and only a risk if you are allergic, or if it gets infected.

One of these currently living in my garage. Bigger than a two euro coin. Great at keeping flies and the wife out of the garage.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Timely thread, one ran up the wall around ten minutes ago about the size of 2 euro.

Got the cordless Dyson, didn't phase him was still running around in the collector so emptied him out the garden. He ran off into the night time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

listermint wrote: »
    . He ran off into the night time

He will be back.

With backup.....

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Was it a Catholic or Protestant spider?

The fact OP never mentioned South Armagh should tell you all you need to know. Feckin' proddie spiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭listermint

He will be back.

With backup.....

Oh I know, il be waiting with the dysons corded big brother

Saucepan and sliding sheet, what if master Dyson amputated a leg or several.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Just spotted a New Zealand Haka Spider, doing this at the back door.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

DrPhilG wrote: »

Kill em dead.

Every spider you kill makes the overall gene pool more stealthy and deadly :o

Advertisement