Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adare pricing

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ballyk wrote: »

52 seconds... those undulations :eek:

is it wrong that I got a semi???? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

Message to Post Punk get that as the Captains next year and watch the society grow... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Has anyone here played the new Adare course? What's it like?

benny79 wrote: »
    Message to Post Punk get that as the Captains next year and watch the society grow... :D

Hmmmmmm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Hoppermcgrath

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Has anyone here played the new Adare course? What's it like?
    I am lucky enough to have played it about two months ago.  The course layout is essentially the same as before, but huge improvements have been made to all the holes.  It is hard to describe how well manicured it is, like it was in phenomenal shape before, but now it is a few levels above again.  Lots of holes have had major upgrades to the greens, probably even completely new greens in some places, with big run off areas added.  Massive work done to all the trees and woodchips added everywhere.  Real feel of a tournament course off it now.  Final thing I took from it was just the colour of the grass.  Seems ridiculous and irrelevant maybe, but it has a kind of emerald hue, especially around the greens.  A joy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

I am lucky enough to have played it about two months ago.  The course layout is essentially the same as before, but huge improvements have been made to all the holes.  It is hard to describe how well manicured it is, like it was in phenomenal shape before, but now it is a few levels above again.  Lots of holes have had major upgrades to the greens, probably even completely new greens in some places, with big run off areas added.  Massive work done to all the trees and woodchips added everywhere.  Real feel of a tournament course off it now.  Final thing I took from it was just the colour of the grass.  Seems ridiculous and irrelevant maybe, but it has a kind of emerald hue, especially around the greens.  A joy.

I played it recently, and it is a surreal experience condition wise, maintaining that may be difficult. But it is an incredible layout. The new green complexes are very much Ryder cup orientated, difficult runoffs and elevated complexes, just what the Americans struggle with i suppose.
    The level of detail on all areas is nothing short of spectacular.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Somehow I get the feeling this won't be popping up on an Open Fixture list:(

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Ridiculous (in the best possible way) is the only way to describe it. No amount of words written about the place here or otherwise can describe how good it is. You will not find anything comparable in Britain and Ireland (possibly even in Europe) i would think. If you get the chance to play it don't hesitate. Should be played at least once anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kennethrhcp

I got hit in the head on the 5th & was split open, ambulance to hospital, night in the HDU & a concussion... & I couldn't wait to get back & finish my round (a couple of months later when I was ok again).

they have it in amazing condition, you take a divot... they don't replace the divot & step it down like we all would... the caddies take the divot & dispose of it in the trees & put down some regrowth compound.

I loved the course but there are a few holes that are kind of forgettable but I think that's only because others are so good it leads to that.

it's expensive! luckily my boss treated us to the 4ball

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

I got hit in the head on the 5th & was split open, ambulance to hospital, night in the HDU & a concussion... & I couldn't wait to get back & finish my round (a couple of months later when I was ok again).

I'm intrigued?? What happened??

• Advertisement

fearruanua wrote: »
    I'm intrigued?? What happened??

freak accident, we tee'd off & I was about 40 yards clear of playing partners. they were centre(ish) of the fairway back past bunkers & I was left were the fairway breaks right a bit. Caddy said come on, we go up & have a look. we were there chatting, no where near the line of play & my playing partner pulled a 3wood... no time to call fore but by chance I turned to see was he ready to play. ball caught me on the hard part of the forehead (thank feck) & I hit the floor. was very lucky where it hit me... while being very unlucky I know :)

was in a pretty bad state as you can imagine... the lads with me & the caddies were pale as ghosts. one told me after that when it happened you could actually see the imprint of the ball in my head (dimples of the ball & all).

was on the ground for 50mins I think. the staff tried to move me to let the groups behind us through... couldn't budge tho as anytime I sat up I was sick (turns out that happens with concussion). was in a pretty bad way for a good bit after & missed the Bruen over it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Wow, sounds bad. No way should you have been moved or anyone attempt to move you though, they should have closed the hole and allow you space/recovery time...plenty of buggies and the like there to get golfers past you and give you time...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Wow, sounds bad. No way should you have been moved or anyone attempt to move you though, they should have closed the hole and allow you space/recovery time...plenty of buggies and the like there to get golfers past you and give you time...

would you believe the hole stayed open & groups were told lay up before me & play the other side of the hole... couldn't make it up!

tbf I think they weren't prepared for such an accident, my boss had to call the injury in to the pro shop (caddies didn't have the number on their phones). the pro (who was sound) came out with 1st aid box but no one knew what to do really. Luckily a few groups behind us, one of the caddies was a nurse & he bandaged me up like Terry Butcher.

I wasn't going to say it on a public forum but it happened & I've already told of my love of the course! but what really annoyed me & my colleagues was that on our return (to finish off our round, about 2 months after the accident) only 2 of the caddies asked how I was (1 was with us on the day) ... not a peep from the pro shop or anyone within the club. I arranged the time/date so they knew it was me & my group playing. a club pro I know did warn me that clubs try distance themselves from these incidents but not even a simple "how are you now" was asked... I followed this up a few days later & the director of golf got in touch to say he didn't know why "I wasn't shown the love" (his words)… & that he had it noted at the gate & in the pro shop that I was returning that day.

he then phoned back again & said he can only apologise & offered me a night in the hotel or a free 2ball... I declined both as I said I wasn't chasing any freebies just a simple acknowledgment on my return regarding the injury & how I was would have went a long way... took me 3 days to tell my wife I turned a free night in Adare :)

hope that doesn't read like i'm a needy fecker! just after such a serious injury it seemed very cold from what I thought would be the best cust. serv. in Ireland.

great course tho & I'll def be back there someday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

would you believe the hole stayed open & groups were told lay up before me & play the other side of the hole... couldn't make it up!

tbf I think they weren't prepared for such an accident, my boss had to call the injury in to the pro shop (caddies didn't have the number on their phones). the pro (who was sound) came out with 1st aid box but no one knew what to do really. Luckily a few groups behind us, one of the caddies was a nurse & he bandaged me up like Terry Butcher.

I wasn't going to say it on a public forum but it happened & I've already told of my love of the course! but what really annoyed me & my colleagues was that on our return (to finish off our round, about 2 months after the accident) only 2 of the caddies asked how I was (1 was with us on the day) ... not a peep from the pro shop or anyone within the club. I arranged the time/date so they knew it was me & my group playing. a club pro I know did warn me that clubs try distance themselves from these incidents but not even a simple "how are you now" was asked... I followed this up a few days later & the director of golf got in touch to say he didn't know why "I wasn't shown the love" (his words)… & that he had it noted at the gate & in the pro shop that I was returning that day.

he then phoned back again & said he can only apologise & offered me a night in the hotel or a free 2ball... I declined both as I said I wasn't chasing any freebies just a simple acknowledgment on my return regarding the injury & how I was would have went a long way... took me 3 days to tell my wife I turned a free night in Adare :)

hope that doesn't read like i'm a needy fecker! just after such a serious injury it seemed very cold from what I thought would be the best cust. serv. in Ireland.

great course tho & I'll def be back there someday!

Whatever about getting hit by the golf ball, your wife must have giving you a much worse beating for turning down that night in Adare!

Have to be honest, I would be conflicted.
    I am totally with you about not getting an acknowledgement, that was bang out of order.
    I probably would have done the same and emailed them my disappointment of their lack of courtesy. Least you would expect from a run of the mill public run course, let alone Adare.
    I wouldn't be emailing though, just like yourself, looking for free stuff. Just more of a heads up to let them know their shortcomings and that they need to improve certain things.
    A simple bit of common courtesy goes a long way in my book.
    But, if they offered that, I'd be 50:50. To be honest, I probably would have taken the game. The missus would have to stay home to mind the kids if I took the overnight :D

slingerz wrote: »
    Whatever about getting hit by the golf ball, your wife must have giving you a much worse beating for turning down that night in Adare!

I feared the worst... that's why it took me 3 days to tell her I declined it. luckily she understood I wasn't emailing them to look for freebies but just out of annoyance/surprise at their lack of common decency (for want of a better word).

I'm not gonna lie, if out of goodwill they offered it after the accident occurred... I'd have said thanks very much & 100% accepted. just felt wrong 2 months later

Advertisement