Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Largest bet you've placed?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Jaysus,if I was a TD I would not need to gamble,the exes available now plus the salary means one is winning each day one is in the Dail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

About 3000 entry into a poker tournament
    1100 on a soccer match
    1000 on a horse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Autochange wrote: »
    I put 20 each way on sergio garcia to win the us masters this year at 40/1. collected 1000 even from the bookies : )[/QUOTE

]That felt like a sweet one id say

Yea i was delighted. The Only reason i did the bet was paddy power were paying out on 8 places. I knew sergio was much more confident about winning a majour aswell. Think he won this weekend aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭droidman123

I had 200 euros on franchoek @7/4 in the triumph a few years back,beaten by ruby after a brutal ride by mc coy.did it in a paddy power shop ante post i think.my biggest bet ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

Just an update on this. First 2 parts of the treble are in - they were Dublin to win the AI and Dr Crokes to win the Kerry County Champ. Just waiting on Man City now to top their Champs League group (3 wins from 3 to date) to collect over €1,800 profit hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Former Great

Shurwhynot wrote: »
    Just an update on this. First 2 parts of the treble are in - they were Dublin to win the AI and Dr Crokes to win the Kerry County Champ. Just waiting on Man City now to top their Champs League group (3 wins from 3 to date) to collect over €1,800 profit hopefully.

What price were Crokes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Shurwhynot wrote: »
    Ah you're after jinxing it now!
    Best of luck with it!
    I usually put a tenner on if gambling apart from putting 800 on a hurling match one time which came in. I then put 200 on a horse to win at 20/1. I was certain he'd win, but he's still running. Had to stop after that

What price were Crokes

8/11 when I backed them prior to the Quarter Final

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭cute geoge

I do not bet more then a tenner but worked with a chinese lad on 400/week .He used bet on soccer champions league and major horse races ,he used do alot of long odds in the soccer especially bet against the major teams and amazingly used come in most times .He started with the hundred betting but it spiraled out of control .He often showed me €1000 bets ,I remember especially he lost on denman first cheltenham attempt the year before he won gold cup

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

I'm not a gambler.. but.. I had €400 at 1/8 (I think) for Australia to beat Scotland 2015 RWC QF.

It was all to plan until Scotland made a great comeback in second half.... whole pub was rooting for Scotland and fellas were looking at me thinking I was acting a bit odd. Game finished 35 -34 so I won my €50 but it was tough going!

Same RWC Japan beat South Africa in the group stages... I like to know the odds on that game.

EDIT: "Their World Cup record of played 24, won one, drawn two, lost 21, persuaded the bookies to make the Springboks 1-500 favourites to win. Japan were 80-1 yet they defied the odds."

• Advertisement

Bet in anyways - €1,800 profit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

if you can afford it do it, if not then be prepared to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

lasgest I bet 50 euro and I win 100 :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 SummerHaze

$100 on black on Roulette.

Advertisement