Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mundane and boring daily tasks you find a chore?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Small talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

I love showers, but I hate having to totally strip off, dry myself and then put everything back on. I don't know why, it takes five minutes, it just makes the relaxing shower more of a chore.

Also, picking up the dog's poop from our front yard.

Waiting for the bus to turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Small talk, especially about the weather. Shock horror, a bit of rain. How long are you living in this country now and it's still comes as a surprise.
    It's not bad weather, you're just wearing the wrong clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Straightening/styling my hair. And makeup to a lesser extent. If I won the lotto the first thing I'd do is hire an entourage of stylists and makeup artists to deal with making me look presentable, it's all such a bloody chore and a time sink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Bambi985 wrote: »
    Straightening/styling my hair. And makeup to a lesser extent. If I won the lotto the first thing I'd do is hire an entourage of stylists and makeup artists to deal with making me look presentable, it's all such a bloody chore and a time sink!

This so much! I don't mind if it is for a night out - in fact getting all dressed up and listening to good tunes and sipping a rosé while doing hair and makeup is part of the fun I find, but the daily requirement to look presentable for work - eugh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Those five seconds I lose every time I have to charge my phone - it's always in the right way the first time but it doesn't seem to be, so then there's trying the other (wrong way) only to realize that it was in fact, in the right way the first time. It ALWAYS takes me three attempts to connect charger to phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    This so much! I don't mind if it is for a night out - in fact getting all dressed up and listening to good tunes and sipping a rosé while doing hair and makeup is part of the fun I find, but the daily requirement to look presentable for work - eugh.

Even that I find stressful! I just don't enjoy experimenting with different looks and tend to stick to the same old black eyeliner/nude lips thing and I'll try on 40 different outfits before finding something I feel comfortable in. And then I've got that thick curly weshhht of Ireland hair that takes about 90 minutes to look in any way decent and presentable.

Though granted once I'm all done up I always feel like Beyonce, but ugh the effort of it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Small talk, especially about the weather. Shock horror, a bit of rain. How long are you living in this country now and it's still comes as a surprise.
    It's not bad weather, you're just wearing the wrong clothes.
    I have a colleague who will hold forth for an hour-by-hour discussion of the weekend's weather. :(

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Even that I find stressful! I just don't enjoy experimenting with different looks and tend to stick to the same old black eyeliner/nude lips thing and I'll try on 40 different outfits before finding something I feel comfortable in. And then I've got that thick curly weshhht of Ireland hair that takes about 90 minutes to look in any way decent and presentable.

Though granted once I'm all done up I always feel like Beyonce, but ugh the effort of it all!

I'm so grateful that being presentable for my job requires little effort because expectations are not high. Throw on some clothes, dry my hair, go. I hate getting dolled up for nights out. I never look good anyway, so it's irritating having to try. That said, on the rare occasion I doll up and someone says (with great surprise) that I actually look really nice, it does make me feel a million dollars. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

taking my socks off in such a careful manner to ensure they aren't inside out going into the laundry basket to save me the hell of making them right side in when they come in off the line

just socks and washing them in general. i can't handle it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Getting up from the couch at night to go to my bed.

The effort, and I always lose my sleepyness between the couch - toilet - bed

_Roz_ wrote: »
    I'm so grateful that being presentable for my job requires little effort because expectations are not high. Throw on some clothes, dry my hair, go. I hate getting dolled up for nights out. I never look good anyway, so it's irritating having to try. That said, on the rare occasion I doll up and someone says (with great surprise) that I actually look really nice, it does make me feel a million dollars. :D

you slut :)

guile4582 wrote: »
    you slut :)

Eh? :confused:

_Roz_ wrote: »
    Eh? :confused:

being sarcastic! i know some jobs there is the same expectation and it boggles my mind why people still go to such effort!!

Ah, okay! In my case, I work in an office and am not at all customer facing, so I really don't need to worry about my appearance. A few of the women, particularly the managers or more senior staff do present very well, but us minions tend to rock up in jeans or skirts and a nice top most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Taking a piss, especially when it comes out in two different directions. Taking a dump when you have a hairy arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Making a lunch the night before my course, I've gotten so sick of sandwiches and general microwaveable crap, and can't afford to eat out everyday so the night before I make a sort of wheatabix or oatmeal/porridge milkshake with two bananas in it, healthy and keeps me full till dinner.

Washing up after dinner is a pain in the hole some days.

Winter is coming, so cleaning out the fireplace will be on the list soon enough.

Advertisement