Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mundane and boring daily tasks you find a chore?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

I'm one of those weird people who actually enjoys washing dishes and the like, but when it comes time to floss my teeth for some reason it just feels like an eternity, can't explain it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Cooking.
    I try to make 3 days of dinner in one go, so i have more time to waste on other things.
    Don't mind washing but i do mind having a load of washing to do and only one machine. Pile of clothes sitting on the floor until the machine finishes the cycle...which takes longer when you are in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Ironing. What a crock of shït. We can send a man to the moon, and will soon have autonomous cars, but we still have to get out a board and suffer the misery of ironing

I never iron. I do the lazy version of hanging clothes on hangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

I never iron. I do the lazy version of hanging clothes on hangers.

Just take everything out of the dryer while theyre still warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Don't iron anymore either.. as said above, the creases seem to work out anyway (unless white shirts.. they just seem to stay creased out of spite)

A lot of the time I get home after work and spend an hour relaxing and thinking about what to make for dinner/if I'm hungry enough (I don't eat that much anyway). By the time I decide, it's usually after 8 and who can be arsed cooking for 30 mins+ then (especially when you'll eat it in 10 minutes)... cereal FTW

Don't mind hoovering actually.. I find it relaxing for some odd reason

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

I'm shocked so many people hate ironing. I love it. I'd do it all day if someone was willing to pay me decent money. I find it very therapeutic. Same with hoovering. Ladies, form an orderly queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Burial. wrote: »
    I'm shocked so many people hate ironing. I love it. I'd do it all day if someone was willing to pay me decent money. I find it very therapeutic. Same with hoovering. Ladies, form an orderly queue.

Me too actually. I can't really think of anything I really hate doing (that the cleaner or my husband doesn't already do :pac:).

Not everything goes in the dryer.

Creases most certainly do not just straighten themselves out with wear

And yes, everyone can tell the difference if stuff isn't ironed.

I'm getting anxiety here. Might go iron something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I should actually just say what I like doing because it's a shorter list! I don't mind emptying the dishwasher, washing clothes, hanging them out, putting them away. I don't iron my clothes except the odd work top and I don't mind it too much. Also don't mind changing the bedsheets too much.

I hate hoovering, mopping, cleaning the kitchen or the bathroom. Not a big fan of cooking either but it isn't the worst. I take no joy in grooming myself, styling my hair or putting on make up. Forget about washing windows or dusting!

Basically, if I have to get up to do it, I don't want to! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Hanging out clothes and putting the bins out are two jobs I detest .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Sweeping. It's such an easy job too but I'll put it off forever.

And there's one junction I have to walk through every morning and I've grown to hate it because it hates me. It's visible for ages before you reach it and without fail the green man comes on at the precise point where it's just barely too far for me to run for it. Every morning, same bull****. And I don't pass it at the same time each day, it's definitely personal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Standing in a queue at the building society or automated / manned check out. The people ahead of me dealing with the counter staff seem so stupid.

Wiping my bum. You would think that humans would have evolved to where the poop would just slide out in one clean swoop, like a sausage in a casing.

Also cleaning the hair trap on the shower. Never want a haircut more than when I have to de-scuzz the hair balls from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Wiping my bum. You would think that humans would have evolved to where the poop would just slide out in one clean swoop, like a sausage in a casing.

Also cleaning the hair trap on the shower. Never want a haircut more than when I have to de-scuzz the hair balls from it.

Well us humans are meant to squat when defecating and usually they come out in one swoop with little wipage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Cooking.
    I try to make 3 days of dinner in one go, so i have more time to waste on other things.
    Don't mind washing but i do mind having a load of washing to do and only one machine. Pile of clothes sitting on the floor until the machine finishes the cycle...which takes longer when you are in a hurry.

put on first cycle when you go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Changing the quilt cover. I hate that job. Had to do it last night. Got rewarded though.

Tell us more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Changing the quilt cover. I hate that job. Had to do it last night. Got rewarded though.

what fuucking does my nut in is when the sheet wont stretch to all four corners of the mattress, you get the top ones sorted and the bottom falls out of place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

And there's one junction I have to walk through every morning and I've grown to hate it because it hates me. It's visible for ages before you reach it and without fail the green man comes on at the precise point where it's just barely too far for me to run for it. Every morning, same bull****. And I don't pass it at the same time each day, it's definitely personal.

I also have such a road. And it deliberately extends its red man moments when it's pelting with rain (no shelter), or sweltering hot (no shade).

Once, when it was both pelting and sweltering, the lights quit entirely. Three lanes of cars all refusing to stop.

I'm pissed off now just thinking about it!

Robsweezie wrote: »
    what fuucking does my nut in is when the sheet wont stretch to all four corners of the mattress, you get the top ones sorted and the bottom falls out of place.

I'm going to change your life with this, so hang on tight.

Do diagonally opposed corners. Do the bottom left, then the top right then bottom right and top left.

It works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Robsweezie wrote: »

What does my f**king nut in is that king size stuff is 225cmx220cm.

Why bother with the extra 5cm? But it bothers me that I might not align the duvet and cover properly.

Quilt cover changing is the easiest job in the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

It's not a chore as such but a daily task. Going asleep. I hate the lying there waiting to fall asleep. You literally just lie with your eyes closed pretending to be asleep until you're actually asleep. I find it so tedious. Even moreso when I'm exhausted and I can't actually fall asleep and then my mind races and it's just awful.

I love when your head hits the pillow and you fall asleep almost instantly, one minute you're awake and the next you're waking up the next morning- love it.

Hate waking up in the middle of the night too and having to go for a pee cause you know that getting up will mean you won't go asleep as quick but if you don't pee you won't be able to sleep with a full bladder.

Although I love waking up really thirsty and then getting that glass of water and it's super hydrating and refreshing- best drink ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Getting out of bed is a chore, lucky I'm unemployed.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Getting my kid to do her homework.

She won't sit still and usually rolls around on the floor getting it all wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Defrosting the freezer is the bane of my life. We have been discussing it for about a month and are trying to eat our way through the precooked food I stockpiled for some fictitous famine. The freezer has just become a block of ice with a series of holes where food lives. Now I have to melt it and clean up the stupid mess.

I also really hate drying myself after a shower!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Today I hate the idea of doing anything really

- Should get up and tidy up a bit.. meh, I'm working from home tomorrow.. do it then

- Should really have a shower and get dressed.. meh, but I'm comfy lying here on the couch in a robe

- How about some gaming for an hour then... meh, that involves getting up and turning on the PC

Best I can figure is because I don't usually get Sundays "off" like this, part of me has decided to make the most of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tunage

Replacing the bin bag in the bathroom upstairs and the bedroom. It's just so annoying and once I get up the stairs I remember that they need changed or at least a bag put in the bin but I just forget.. grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

Defrosting the freezer is the bane of my life. We have been discussing it for about a month and are trying to eat our way through the precooked food I stockpiled for some fictitous famine. The freezer has just become a block of ice with a series of holes where food lives. Now I have to melt it and clean up the stupid mess.

When you're done defrosting make sure to dry it thoroughly, then coat some kitchen paper with olive oil and rub it in wherever frost typically accumulates in your freezer, much easier to get rid of as it builds up, has worked for me for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Washing/bathing the children.

Advertisement