Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Android Phone in around €400 price

Options
2»

Comments

So the battery on this HTC10 seems garbage for me. It lost 20% battery in like 15 minutes of web browsing. My previous phone was an Xperia Z3 Compact and that used to last me like 2 days of general web browsing. I'll probably return the HTC10 and get the L29 so.

There's no way that's possible. It's either a false battery reading, or some app you've installed is chewing your battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fugyvuhgvhbjb

I only got it today. Haven't installed any apps at all.

I only got it today. Haven't installed any apps at all.

It takes a few battery cycles before you can gauge battery life.

I heard battery life took a hit on the 10 when it got Nougat, but the same happened with the S7. A device running marshmallow or nougat 7.1 seems best. I can't remember any dramatic change in battery life when my 10 went to N, but I've had 2 devices since then.

I haven't updated it to nougat yet. It's still on 6.0.1. I'll see what the battery is like after a few days so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I haven't updated it to nougat yet. It's still on 6.0.1. I'll see what the battery is like after a few days so.

Well, the 7.0 update definitely took a big bite out of the 10's battery, and I wouldn't hold my breath for any further updates from HTC that might address the issue. Especially given the reports over the last 24 hours of Google negotiating to buy HTC's smartphone business. There might be a custom ROM that might help, though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

I'd really suggest returning it. The battery is only 3,000 mah which is sub par these days. I went down the android development route before, I always thought stock felt smoother even if I was gaining battery etc.

Seriously look at the Mate 9, it truly is remarkable.

tedpan wrote: »
    I'd really suggest returning it. The battery is only 3,000 mah which is sub par these days. I went down the android development route before, I always thought stock felt smoother even if I was gaining battery etc.

Seriously look at the Mate 9, it truly is remarkable.

3000mAh isn't subpar. It's standard. Some have bigger, some have smaller. Some are optimised well, some aren't. I can get 8+ hours SOT on my 3000mAh device....

Basil3 wrote:
    3000mAh isn't subpar. It's standard. Some have bigger, some have smaller. Some are optimised well, some aren't. I can get 8+ hours SOT on my 3000mAh device....

The OP said battery was a key factor for him. Standard, in my eyes is subpar. I currently have 3200mah and really wish I had more.

The Huawei has huge processing power with superior battery. There's not much out there that matches it specs

tedpan wrote: »
    The OP said battery was a key factor for him. Standard, in my eyes is subpar. I currently have 3200mah and really wish I had more.

The Huawei has huge processing power with superior battery. There's not much out there that matches it specs

Thanks for your input. I'll see how I feel about this phone after the weekend and I might return it then and get the phone you are suggesting instead.

Thanks for your input. I'll see how I feel about this phone after the weekend and I might return it then and get the phone you are suggesting instead.

Yeah, worth messing around with it for a few days more to see if it suits you

• Advertisement

How did you get on?

Advertisement