Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Android Phone in around €400 price

Options
  • 27-08-2017 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi. Would anyone be able to recommend a Phone for me in around 400 Euro? I'm not too bothered about camera, I'd be more interested in battery life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Hi. Would anyone be able to recommend a Phone for me in around 400 Euro? I'm not too bothered about camera, I'd be more interested in battery life.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-umidigi-s2-pro

Maybe one of these ?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fugyvuhgvhbjb

Thank you for your reply. I will give that phone a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

Galaxy S7, S7 Edge. Both have good battery life. If you're looking for really good battery life I'd recommend something cheaper like Lenovo P2 (3 day battery life) or a Samsung Galaxy A5 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Don't spend 400 on some random Chinese no name phone.

Look at some of last years flagships. S7, HTC 10, or even see what price this years LG G6 is on amazon.it at the moment.

Edit: 427 for G6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭914

Lenovo P2 and the moto z play have fantastic batteries.

Edit - Should have said moto z play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I would not be buying it, especially not on a pre-sale (not available yet), 400 euro is a lot to speculate on a Chinese phone, get something decent for half that price!!

The Galaxy S7 is 550 Euro on carphonewarehouse. That's too much. I don't want to go that far over 400. Thank for all the suggestions though. 450 is the highest I would be willing to go.

The Galaxy S7 is 550 Euro on carphonewarehouse. That's too much. I don't want to go that far over 400. Thank for all the suggestions though. 450 is the highest I would be willing to go.

HTC 10 €424 directly purchased through HTC.

Edit: not sure about battery life since it went to Nougat, though. Used to be awesome. More a device to purchase for audio and camera.

Thanks for your suggestion. But I'm not too bothered at all about the camera or audio. Big screen and long battery and 4G are the only things I care about really.

Why even pay €400 - €450 if your not bothered about a camera and battery is the main concern.

Both the lenovo p2 and moto z play are in around €320 on amazon.de and both have a 5.5 inch screen and have excellent batteries. Both phones have been reported to last up to three days.

Haven't used either but there are plenty of reviews on youtube on both phones.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply. I think I might go with the Moto Z play. It seems reasonably priced for what I'm looking for. Are there any issues with ordering from the German Amazon? Like will I have to buy a Irish charger for the phone?

Thanks for your reply. I think I might go with the Moto Z play. It seems reasonably priced for what I'm looking for. Are there any issues with ordering from the German Amazon? Like will I have to buy a Irish charger for the phone?

Yes you will have to buy and irish charge or just a three pin convertor amd your good to go. Other than that its no different than amazon.co.uk, full warranty etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭biebiebie

One of these will work
    https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9827590.htm

Basil3 wrote: »
    HTC 10 €424 directly purchased through HTC.

Edit: not sure about battery life since it went to Nougat, though. Used to be awesome. More a device to purchase for audio and camera.

I looked on their site and it says its €500

I looked on their site and it says its €500

You join HTC club (their mailing list) and you get discounts

https://www.htc.com/ie/newsletter/

You join HTC club (their mailing list) and you get discounts

If I signed up would it give me that discount now or is it more like a you must be signed up for x amount of months type thing?

If I signed up would it give me that discount now or is it more like a you must be signed up for x amount of months type thing?

You get it straight away, after you get some kind of confirmation email. I can't remember how quickly that email comes through.

You get it straight away, after you get some kind of confirmation email. I can't remember how quickly that email comes through.

I must have done something wrong so. I got the confirmation email and clicked it. But it says "That e-mail address is not set up to shop at this store. Please enter an approved e-mail address and try again." when I go to the sign in page.

Was just reading here that there are significant issues with the HTC 10.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-10/769059-problems-after-nougat-update-htc-10-a-3.html

• Advertisement

https://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-10/769059-problems-after-nougat-update-htc-10-a-3.html

There are no significant issues with the 10. I know loads of people with one. If you Google any device and 'issues', you'll find people crying.

There are no significant issues with the 10. I know loads of people with one. If you Google any device and 'issues', you'll find people crying.

Fair enough. Thanks for your help getting the discount. I just ordered one. Hope it doesn't take too long to get to Ireland.

Fair enough. Thanks for your help getting the discount. I just ordered one. Hope it doesn't take too long to get to Ireland.

Good stuff. It's usually next day with their newer devices, although I'm not sure where yours would be coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Mi max 2 is verrrrry nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Is that discount still available. I seem to be having the same issues you had logging in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

LG V20 from eglobal.

orm0nd wrote: »
    Is that discount still available. I seem to be having the same issues you had logging in

I had to wait for a second confirmation email that came a few hours later and I was able to sign in after that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

LG V20 from eglobal.

The V20 is class and a steal at 300 euro although the OP wants excellent battery. It's good on the V20, but nothing special.

The Huawei Mate 9 is probably the best bet on your price range OP. Nearly 2 days battery with unbelievable performance. I've had a Mate 8 for a year now and can't recommend it enough.

The L29(International) version of the mate 9 is the one you need, around 400e on eglobal. Google play is all there, updates, has a UK/Ireland plug too.

Good luck.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

The 10 doesn't have a great battery, I thought that was your main requirement??

Best of luck anyway!

• Advertisement

So the battery on this HTC10 seems garbage for me. It lost 20% battery in like 15 minutes of web browsing. My previous phone was an Xperia Z3 Compact and that used to last me like 2 days of general web browsing. I'll probably return the HTC10 and get the L29 so.

Advertisement