Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Sweden destroys their Viking Heritage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Doltanian wrote: »
    https://www.svd.se/fynd-fran-jarnaldern-gar-till-metallatervinningen

http://www.returnofkings.com/128167/swedish-museum-accelerates-their-cultural-collapse-by-turning-viking-artifacts-into-scrap-metal

Politically correct leftists in Sweden have ordered the destruction of ancient Viking artefacts, and have ordered that they be sent for melting down. As a person with a great interest in history and archaeology this make my blood boil and it is an utter disgrace.

The hard-left in Sweden are hell bent on destroying any vestige of their culture, race and identity, aside from the issues of uncontrolled immigration and islamic terrorism, this represents a new low of cultural terror to destroy these artefacts. No different to what ISIS did in Palmyra and what the Taliban did with the destruction of the Buddhas of Bamiyan in Afghanistan.

The first website is an alt-right website but the issue itself got minimal coverage in the leftist Swedish media, it doesn't suit their agenda very well. I'd be happy for these artefacts to be brought to Ireland and stored here considering our common Viking shared heritage, sell them to private collectors, anything but destroying them. The Swedish liberal are no different from ISIS with this disgraceful attitude towards ancient history.

such utter bollocks :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I hope they're not d*cking around with the Ikea meatballs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I hope they're not d*cking around with the Ikea meatballs.

You mean the tofu spheres.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ipso wrote: »
    You mean the tofu spheres.

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Horse meat wasn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

I'm a professional archaeologist, and I can assure you all that this story is 100% boll0cks. We don't treat modern rusty nails, coins, car parts, beer cans and such like found during an excavation the same way we treat ancient artefacts. The reason why should be blatantly obvious.

Maybe boards should have a separate forum for all these sh1t, repetitive threads about Islam, immigrants and PC gone mad drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I don't believe that for a second!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Benjamin Buttons

http://www.returnofkings.com/128167/swedish-museum-accelerates-their-cultural-collapse-by-turning-viking-artifacts-into-scrap-metal

Politically correct leftists in Sweden........destroying them. The Swedish liberal are no different from ISIS with this disgraceful attitude towards ancient history.

Identical and indistinguishable from each other, that's for sure.
    Both attempting in their own pernicious way to destroy western civilization as we know it, very different methodologies of course, not to mention everything else besides..... but exactly the same nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I'm a professional archaeologist, and I can assure you all that this story is 100% boll0cks. We don't treat modern rusty nails, coins, car parts, beer cans and such like found during an excavation the same way we treat ancient artefacts. The reason why should be blatantly obvious.

Maybe boards should have a separate forum for all these sh1t, repetitive threads about Islam, immigrants and PC gone mad drivel.

The Cuck-oos Nest?

:D

If you think that story's bonkers, well look at this from the US!
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/23/business/media/robert-lee-university-virginia-charlottesville.html?mcubz=0

ESPN has removed an announcer from its broadcast of the University of Virginia’s first football game next month because he has the same name as a Confederate general memorialized in statues that are being taken down across the country.
    The network announced late Tuesday that the announcer, Robert Lee, a part-time employee who calls about a dozen college football and basketball games a year for ESPN, would no longer participate in the broadcast of the Sept. 2 game in Charlottesville, Va., which became the center of violent clashes this month during a white supremacist gathering.
    White nationalists and neo-Nazis flooded into Charlottesville, marching through the University of Virginia campus with torches, to protest the city’s plan to remove a statue of the Confederacy’s top general, Robert E. Lee.
    After the violence in Charlottesville, which left one person dead, ESPN executives and Mr. Lee decided that for his safety it would be best to have him to work on a different game that Saturday, a network spokesman said.

• Advertisement

Now that is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Actually, I can't find any sane sources for any of this, even the destroying artifacts bit. This is looking more like alt-right making stuff up wholesale.

If you think that story's bonkers, well look at this from the US!

Yeah, and in that one, the station gave the guy the option of switching to another game give the heat he might take from idiots. I think it was his first game at that level too, so they offered him the chance to switch.

That got twisted into everything short of their firing him because PC.

There's a bit of a pattern here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Benjamin Buttons

Haven't seen or heard from the former hard-working, teak-tough Newcastle United midfielder and occasional pundit Robert 'Rob' Lee for a while. I wonder if he is, by any chance, keeping his head down till all this nonsense blows over.
    Miss ya Rob.

About time I said it, I'm a Paul Potts fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Ipso wrote: »
    About time I said it, I'm a Paul Potts fan.

giphy.gif

Samaris wrote: »
    Yeah, and in that one, the station gave the guy the option of switching to another game give the heat he might take from idiots. I think it was his first game at that level too, so they offered him the chance to switch.

That got twisted into everything short of their firing him because PC.

There's a bit of a pattern here.
    Maybe so, but to confuse the namesake with someone from 150 years ago is also absurd. These stories are ridiculous on so many counts, It's worrying that the western world is returning to these types of witch hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I dont even need to look at any links to know that sweden is not deliberately melting down ancient viking artefacts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

I'm not one for linking (especially in the age of search engines) but i would post a pic of the "Swedish stuffed lion" if i could. Explorers brought back a lion to the King but the taxidermist, not knowing what a lion is supposed to look like, ended up creating a work of comedic genius.

Google "lion of gripsholm castle". Worth more than any viking artifact.

• Advertisement

I'm not one for linking (especially in the age of search engines) but i would post a pic of the "Swedish stuffed lion" if i could. Explorers brought back a lion to the King but the taxidermist, not knowing what a lion is supposed to look like, ended up creating a work of comedic genius.

Google "lion of gripsholm castle". Worth more than any viking artifact.
    This one. Just looks like someone who didn't have a perfect photographic memory explaining what the lioness looked like to the taxidermist who made it.
    502swedishlionface.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

Senna wrote: »

if they are not considered unique enough to warrant conservation.

So is there any proof that they have melted down anything that shouldn't have been?
    If they have 5000 arrow head already, do they need to keep more unless they're actually different from the 5000 they already have.
    I can understand them not wanting to sell them, creating a market for something that shouldn't be bought and sold.

I think this story has grown some legs to meet an agenda when the original story has nothing to do with that agenda, ie lefties are distroying everything in our museums.

I'm sure you burn books too as I'm sure someone has a copy somewhere 'eh?

I'm sure you burn books too as I'm sure someone has a copy somewhere 'eh?
    Not always, there are huge gaps in modern history because all known copies were destroyed.
    Even more so these days when all it needs is Ctrl-X.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Serves the bastards right for sacking our monasteries.

Nice to see them having their manhood taken away now.

Those Vikqueen nordic gits are not dining in Valhalla at the moment, they're burning in Hell for eternity.

Muh haw haw..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

mzungu wrote: »
    No mention of this anywhere on Google.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Serves the bastards right for sacking our monasteries.

Nice to see them having their manhood taken away now.

Those Vikqueen nordic gits are not dining in Valhalla at the moment, they're burning in Hell for eternity.

Muh haw haw..

Actually, I think the Waterford Viqueens are having quite a good season now after some difficulty with numbers and working with the Cork Firebirds. It was roller derby you were talking about, right?

See between provocative first post and here - the story is bullsh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

wakka12 wrote: »
    I dont even need to look at any links to know that sweden is not deliberately melting down ancient viking artefacts
    From the article
    However, iron and metal must be treated after perhaps a thousand years in the field. So if the company put in its bid funds for conserving two metal objects but finding twelve then they have to throw ten. In metal recycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Clocking off time in Russia soon I guess.
    Which reminds me ..... still looking for that Russian submarine over there?
    I've also heard that a Russian invasion of Gotland is imminent. :D

I read quite alot about it but some of the website were questionable with their far-right leaning views, I feel they don't deserve sharing their links. However they have a valid point and I agree with them on this single issue. Google have effectively censored out links to this issue, and their is alot of censorship in Sweden towards anyone questioning immigration or holding an alternative right wing viewpoint.

So...

What you're essentially saying is:

I found more credible sources disproving my initial point, but I didn't agree with what they were saying. Therefore they didn't exist. Also, I disliked the fact there were more sources disproving than proving my point. Therefore censorship.

Because of course.

Also, you're missing this, OP. I've found one for you.

5d-tinfoil-hat-.jpg

• Advertisement

So you found this yarn on websites the most reliable of which were returnofkings and Nyheter ideg?

I entirely believe you on this point; my search turned it up only on such sites, mostly claiming white genocide. The logical conclusion to this is really not that Google are censoring you. The facts do not build up to such a picture. Hell, there is no authentic source for the claim that it is to eradicate Swedish history. That is a wild claim by the websites that you hold up as the sources of truth and sanity. Not one of them had a traceable source for it. Johan Runer did not say it in Popular Archaology. Runer furthermore did not make any indications as to reasons, and cannot even be found quoting what Nyheter ideg reported on.

When your immediate leap is from notion to "the only reason there's no proof is Google conspiracy", you really need to take a good hard look at your gullibility.

Advertisement