Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Sweden destroys their Viking Heritage

Options
  • 25-08-2017 5:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

https://www.svd.se/fynd-fran-jarnaldern-gar-till-metallatervinningen

http://www.returnofkings.com/128167/swedish-museum-accelerates-their-cultural-collapse-by-turning-viking-artifacts-into-scrap-metal

Politically correct leftists in Sweden have ordered the destruction of ancient Viking artefacts, and have ordered that they be sent for melting down. As a person with a great interest in history and archaeology this make my blood boil and it is an utter disgrace.

The hard-left in Sweden are hell bent on destroying any vestige of their culture, race and identity, aside from the issues of uncontrolled immigration and islamic terrorism, this represents a new low of cultural terror to destroy these artefacts. No different to what ISIS did in Palmyra and what the Taliban did with the destruction of the Buddhas of Bamiyan in Afghanistan.

The first website is an alt-right website but the issue itself got minimal coverage in the leftist Swedish media, it doesn't suit their agenda very well. I'd be happy for these artefacts to be brought to Ireland and stored here considering our common Viking shared heritage, sell them to private collectors, anything but destroying them. The Swedish liberal are no different from ISIS with this disgraceful attitude towards ancient history.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

• Registered Users Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Sounds like rubbish OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Mr. Crinklewood suddenly looks a lot more employable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Noel82

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »
    Sounds like rubbish OP.

You think? I'd expect when he read the article he googled it to see if there was another explanation and didn't just accept something on the inetrnet at face value like a teenage girl on facebook.
    I'm sure the thread may even be edited or he may ask the moderators to remove the thread.
    I definitely don't expect any deflection.

That's not very lagom

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

I read quite alot about it but some of the website were questionable with their far-right leaning views, I feel they don't deserve sharing their links. However they have a valid point and I agree with them on this single issue. Google have effectively censored out links to this issue, and their is alot of censorship in Sweden towards anyone questioning immigration or holding an alternative right wing viewpoint.

Doltanian wrote: »
    I read quite alot about it but some of the website were questionable with their far-right leaning views, I feel they don't deserve sharing their links. However they have a valid point and I agree with them on this single issue. Google have effectively censored out links to this issue, and their is alot of censorship in Sweden towards anyone questioning immigration or holding an alternative right wing viewpoint.

Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

So...... Was Trump right about Sweden,?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Doltanian wrote: »
    Google have effectively censored out links to this issue, and their is alot of censorship in Sweden towards anyone questioning immigration or holding an alternative right wing viewpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Clocking off time in Russia soon I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

A foreign language link and a link to notorious misogynist site "Return of Kings", run by RooshV, who is Pro Rape and he has basically admitted to rape on his website.

Yeah, this smells of prime bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

if they are not considered unique enough to warrant conservation.

So is there any proof that they have melted down anything that shouldn't have been?
    If they have 5000 arrow head already, do they need to keep more unless they're actually different from the 5000 they already have.
    I can understand them not wanting to sell them, creating a market for something that shouldn't be bought and sold.

I think this story has grown some legs to meet an agenda when the original story has nothing to do with that agenda, ie lefties are distroying everything in our museums.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

wes wrote: »
    A foreign language link and a link to notorious misogynist site "Return of Kings", run by RooshV, who is Pro Rape and he has basically admitted to rape on his website.

Yeah, this smells of prime bull****.

I suggest you use Google translator on the Swedish article if you are unhappy to read the ROK website.

Senna wrote: »
    So is there any proof that they have melted down anything that shouldn't have been?
    If they have 5000 arrow head already, do they need to keep more unless they're actually different from the 5000 they already have.
    I can understand them not wanting to sell them, creating a market for something that shouldn't be bought and sold.

I think this story has grown some legs to meet an agenda when the original story has nothing to do with that agenda, ie lefties are distroying everything in our museums.

Most outrageous stories online are designed for the people who want them to be true (across all ideologies).
    Lesson learned, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,676 ✭✭✭buried

Well that's it now. These fweckin leftie antifa hoors have really gone and done it now.
    They want to make pineapple topping mandatory on all Pizza orders, worldwide. Disgusting. But it was coming
    And we know why, don't we lads?? Oh yes - ISIS. Pineapples only grow in hot places - Just like ISIS does.
    Coincidence? I think not. Are we going to stand for any more of this StalinISISt $hit? Hah? HAAAHH???????
    When's enough going to be enough? Wake up ta f**k you idiots
    Get busy livin or get busy eatin pineapple the rest your lives

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

buried wrote: »
    Well that's it now. These fweckin leftie antifa hoors have really gone and done it now.
    They want to make pineapple topping mandatory on all Pizza orders, worldwide. Disgusting. But it was coming
    And we know why, don't we lads?? Oh yes - ISIS. Pineapples only grow in hot places - Just like ISIS does.
    Coincidence? I think not. Are we going to stand for any more of this StalinISISt $hit? Hah? HAAAHH???????
    When's enough going to be enough? Wake up ta f**k you idiots
    Get busy livin or get busy eatin pineapple the rest your lives

I know it's horrible. They also want to destroy white culture, soon Stormfront members won't be able to celebrate white icons like the Rothschilds, Anne Frank or Albert Einstein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Oh God that Return of Kings author bio
    Jean-Batave is a martial artist from the viking stronghold of Normandy, France. He travels the world looking for new fighting techniques and new beautiful women. Eastern Europe taught him everything he knows and is his second home. His column runs every Thursday.

Translation, Jean-Batave got the sh1t kicked out of him at school and probably has a Samurai sword on his wall.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

No mention of this anywhere on Google. Only thing I could find was an article from late 2016 about a new Viking museum that just opened in Stockholm. The vast majority of the other articles outline new archaeological finds related to Vikings. Why bother funding searches if they are in the process of getting rid of existing monuments? The story does not add up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Things are just swell over there, it's not as if spontaneous dancing is illegal or anything like that. Just tell them you had a sneezing fit or something.

Lets only hope the new female only concerts have their correct dance permits in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

Oh God that Return of Kings author bio

Translation, Jean-Batave got the sh1t kicked out of him at school and probably has a Samurai sword on his wall.

That was gas

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Hard left, alt-right, PC, media censorship.....man I am so sick of this turgid shyte in AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

osarusan wrote: »
    Hard left, alt-right, PC,

That reads like a video game cheat.

Maybe we should tell them about the road built through the Hill of Tara, I'm sure Stormfront consider Irish people to be white now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

My SIL is a Swede and she was telling me of plans to edit the National anthem, to remove parts which extol Swedish people and the Country as being great because it could offend others. It certainly flies in the face of equality but methinks they are
    becoming a victim of their own progressiveness. I doubt many Turnips actually agree with that sentiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

I am always a tad suspicious when I see claims that only appear on faaaaar-right and somewhat nutty sites (returnofkings, whitegenocide are two examples carrying this story). Chasing this rabbit down its rabbit hole goes back to nyheter ideg which wrote an article commenting on remarks by Johan Runer of Stockholm University. All he stated as in the article was
    It is Johan Runer, archaeologist at Stockholm County Museum, who has been alarmed about how the county boards in Sweden disregard our cultural heritage. The reason is that they do not consider themselves having the resources to take care of and conserve all metallic objects found in connection with archaeological excavations.

Other places give Runer's remarks as being an article in Popular Archaeology. A search for Runer in said journal gives these results http://popular-archaeology.com/search?submit=submit&search_text=Johan+Runer. It doesn't seem likely it would appear in any of those topics bar maybe the first. Having read the Birka article, there is no mention of anything of the sort. I don't say he never said it, but there is no basis in what's there for the hysterical white genocide argument.

It is likely that the basis is true, that archaeological finds considered not of enough importance are being destroyed and as someone who considered archaeology for a career, that is awful. And if the people of Sweden care about their history they should be angry. But the only mentions I can find of it all being a conspiracy to eradicate Swedish history in favour of Islamification (because that's what it amounts to) is based on sites like the two above and in a tabloidy headline in the Swedish Daily Express. (Nyheter ideg is considered right-wing to far right-wing, and is friendly with Sverigedemokraterna, to the point of having taken bribes from the party to publish negative stories on the ex-leader of the SDU, the youth wing of Sverigedemokraterna.)

Sounds to me something more akin to a Wood Quay situation. It's not being considered important enough to impede construction.

The interpretation is unnecessarily hysterical. It's sad enough as it is that archaeological artifacts are being destroyed without adding melodrama. And an argument that amounts to 'the only reason this story isn't being carried by anything reputable is that the almighty Google is censoring it' is a tad hysterical too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

The problem may lie in the quanties of artifacts, after a "dig" is completed, they can have tons of artifacts that have no value. Just look on ebay, you can buy artifacts for less than a tenner. They are everywhere, if you are near a river, go look for some yourself.

My SIL is a Swede and she was telling me of plans to edit the National anthem, to remove parts which extol Swedish people and the Country as being great because it could offend others. It certainly flies in the face of equality but methinks they are
    becoming a victim of their own progressiveness. I doubt many Turnips actually agree with that sentiment.

Yes and you can tell your SIL how Ireland wants to distroy any statues to people who fought on losing wars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

osarusan wrote: »
    Hard left, alt-right, PC, media censorship.....man I am so sick of this turgid shyte in AH.

Typical NaziAntifa response

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sure the muslims over here have us singing Ireland's call before rugby matches. GAA next

Advertisement