Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why would anyone give away good tips.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭mayoman1973

Taunton
    14:10 Valentino 81.0 boyledports

Going to post few boylesports prices here. Payback. Next time they will pay what my bet won or suffer a 1000 cuts from a pile of other punters

Punchestown
    14:25 Magic Sea 16/1 boyles

Taunton

16:10 Golden Poet 11.0 boyles

14:20 Zapper Cass 9.0 boyles

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Any background

Nottingham
    14:20 Rasheeq 10/3 boyles

sasta le wrote: »
    Any background
    Background?

Punchestown
    14:25 Halsafari 16/1 boyles

Taunton
    14:10 Caddyhill 4/1 boyles

• Advertisement

Punchestown
    14:25 Buttons And Bows 26.0

Kempton
    16:45 Acquisitor 17.0

15:25 Longhouse Poet 4.33

throw the kitchen sink at that last one if you can get 10/3

Nottingham

15:20 Push The Tempo 6/1

15:25 Longhouse Poet 3/1 is good totake

Taunton
    16:10 Punkawallah 67.0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Background?

Yeah any reasoning for your bets
    How did you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

sasta le wrote: »
    Yeah any reasoning for your bets
    How did you get on?
    He's down a load of money and a kitchen sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

I just happened to land upon this thread yesterday for the first time, and decided to take note of all the selections and then see last night how they got on.

Basically - 11 selections - no winners - two places at 16/1 - and a third place at 5/1 which somebody might or might not have backed e/w.

The "throw the kitchen sink at it" horse trailed in sixth.

• Advertisement

No reasoning. Just maths anc calculus. As I said at start I dont know first thing about horse racing. They have 4 legs, a tail and a head. Maths is my game. Bad day yesterday alright but if you measure your betting returns on a day to day basis then the best tip I can give you this morn is to find some other way to make money. Beat the SP 7 out of 12 times yesterday. I wish the regional manager for Boylesports up here was as forgiving as vandriver and would send out a new memo to the shops under his command to take my money.
    As I say, these come with a health warning and anyone who puts in any sort of effort ( which is what you need to do if you want to make ££ ) to collate all the results todate and see the ROI will know the craic.

Anyways here's one for today ( All Boyles sports unless stated )
    15:06 El Tornado 15.0

I just happened to land upon this thread yesterday for the first time, and decided to take note of all the selections and then see last night how they got on.

Basically - 11 selections - no winners - two places at 16/1 - and a third place at 5/1 which somebody might or might not have backed e/w.

The "throw the kitchen sink at it" horse trailed in sixth.

And to add another few 00s on the end of yesterdays losses my runners only ever do doubles and trebles, and trixies. So even them two 17.0 placers would have gotten me nothing unless one of them had them bundled together.
    I know the combined ROI on all horses in this thread along with another 32,000 so I'll just leave it to peoples free will to put anything on them if they want.

19:30 At Ease 11/4

And to add another few 00s on the end of yesterdays losses my runners only ever do doubles and trebles, and trixies. So even them two 17.0 placers would have gotten me nothing unless one of them had them bundled together.
    I know the combined ROI on all horses in this thread along with another 32,000 so I'll just leave it to peoples free will to put anything on them if they want.

I'm only a very very casual punter. I'd never have 11 bets in a day. I don't even understand why making an effort to beat the SP matters if you just bet with one of the big online operators who offer best price guaranteed anyway. And I certainly don't do doubles or trebles or anything else, since I find it hard enough to pick even one winner, never mind two or three or more.

Yes, I'm a mug punter. :D

But I was just replying here to the person who asked how yesterday's selections got on, since I took some time last night to look that up myself.

I'll take your word for it that you're happy with how your system works in the long run. Am not about to go trawling back through all previous pages here, especially as the most recent post before yesterday was from about 18 months ago.

Good luck with today's selections anyway. Just out of interest, will check results again tonight to see how they go.

13:50 Envious Editor 3/1

15:50 Andalusa 2.88
    13:50 Envious Editor 4.00

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Beat the SP 7 out of 12 times yesterday.

If you keep beating SP on that many selections whether they win or not, you will be restricted very quickly, bookies do not like punters getting bigger odds on their selections especially if they were best prices at the time.

17:00 Poppy Jag 51.0

okidoki987 wrote: »
    If you keep beating SP on that many selections whether they win or not, you will be restricted very quickly, bookies do not like punters getting bigger odds on their selections especially if they were best prices at the time.
    lol. and so is the case. But there are ways and means to get ££ on. Avg mug punter will look at the 12 from yesterday and have a chuckle. Near total loss. But the man laying them bets, ie Mr Bookie, will look at them and say .... hmmm. I got away this time. Might be safer not take that mans money.
    Burning through bet 365 accounts like they going out of fashion but so be it, plenty of folks know the score and lining up to help out .
    But taking the ££ over the counter is a lot more work but far more enjoyable :)

• Advertisement

Avg mug punter will look at the 12 from yesterday and have a chuckle.

I may be the average mug punter :D but I'm not chuckling. Am genuinely interested to see how this thing pans out over a period of time. As I said, only saw the thread for the first time yesterday, and am not about go trawling back through 50-something pages of posts from 18 months or more ago.

Help us out, if somebody wants to consider your suggestions or just wants to look up results afterwards? - can you put up the meeting that each pick is going at, instead of just the time and the horse's name and odds?

Advertisement