Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long distance relationship - does it ever work?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I'm sure it wasn't intended? but it just jumped out at me that it was a very one way statement, (I love them so everything has to be alright sort of comment). It was almost like, what your partner or child thought didn't matter :)

I suppose it was the use of "I" as opposed to "we" and the fact it was the "only reason" it was working that caught my attention.

“We love each other which is the only reason it works for us.” Would have sounded much better?

Anyway, delighted it's working for you guys ;)
    It was said in such a way as I cannot answer something like that for my partner and son, that would be for them to answer.
    I do believe my partner and son love me as much as I do for them though and it could never work if either side did not feel the same. This is only my opinion though and as a statement of fact, my partner/son would need to answer this.
    To me, the only thing that matters is what my partner and son think, I do everything to keep the relationship going and to be close to them. (Again I won't answer this bit for my partner though :) ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Not forever, I think at some point someone needs to make the choice but as a short term thing I can't see why not

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

deceit wrote: »
    It was said in such a way as I cannot answer something like that for my partner and son, that would be for them to answer.
    I do believe my partner and son love me as much as I do for them though and it could never work if either side did not feel the same. This is only my opinion though and as a statement of fact, my partner/son would need to answer this.
    To me, the only thing that matters is what my partner and son think, I do everything to keep the relationship going and to be close to them. (Again I won't answer this bit for my partner though :) ).

How about "I love both of them which is the only reason it works for me." :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BeerFarts

Worked for me. 3 years long distance followed by 11 years married. Pain in the hole but it can be worth it sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I would imagine that once there is a definite goal to remove the distance within a reasonable time-frame it would have a chance. The distance on an indefinite basis just will not last.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

The distance on an indefinite basis just will not last.

Plus it must get very expensive bringing him his sandwiches all the time....:rolleyes:

Advertisement