Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Franchises that were ruined

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Tony hawks games were ruined once they allowed you to get off the board and run around and climb, It felt incredibly janky.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Tony hawks games were ruined once they allowed you to get off the board and run around and climb, It felt incredibly janky.

I felt it just about skated by to get a passing grade. THUG2 was a definite fail. I found the levels and gameplay and stuff in THUG1 pretty good compared to the more forgettable THPS4 (and 3 to an extent)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Tuco88

I'll try a few not already listed I hope.

Medal of honour.
    Driver.
    Destruction derby.
    Toca touring cars.
    The OO7 games.
    Timesplitters. (Fecking Haze)
    LMA football manager series.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Tuco88 wrote: »
    Timesplitters. (Fecking Haze)

Wait, wut? Future Perfect was the perfect sequel to 2 and 2 was the sequel that kicked the series into gear after a so-so 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Tuco88

Wait, wut? Future Perfect was the perfect sequel to 2 and 2 was the sequel that kicked the series into gear after a so-so 1

No I just put it in, due to haze essentially killing off free radical.

Should have made TS4. The bastards!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Master of Orion 3

I knew about MOO2 from years ago but I never knew how bad MOO3 was until I played it on Steam. I'm not at all surprised it completely killed the series for over a decade, it was a classic example of dozens of great ideas that simply didn't gel when added together and you ended up with frustrating micro-micro-micro-management of every aspect of your empire. It runs fine on Steam now but the game was not a success when it launched because you were running all of that on 2003 hardware, the load time between turns eventually ran to hours at a time.

I like the remake, although it does keep some of the irritating elements of MOO3 (such as star lanes - no traveling to any system you want) but sadly it gets a lot of hate and it appears that devs are done with it.

Advertisement