Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finished Breathedge. Have to say, I ended up really liking it. The second half of the game changes it up slightly, goes more story focused but brings some explanation to the madness. Definitely scratches that Subnautica itch. Speaking of, there's a glorious Subnautica reference near the end, and it's chock full of nods to loads of things, from singers to games to films. Breaks the 4th wall often, and is not meant to be taken seriously, with your AI suit trying to understand the mess you keep making often commenting on such.

It's not perfect, opening half is a bit slow, can be hard to follow where to go or what to do, but once it clicks and you get the first vehicle, it gets better. Worth checking out. Sequel out this year, and I'll most likely end up getting it.

Now, onto Dave the Diver. First hour is pretty OK, weird to be playing a cooking game on the PS5, they're usually reserved for mobile with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭PixelPlayer

I'm enjoying it too. I'm prepping for my first long expedition at the moment.

It's very well made, it has a nice flow to it. It never gets too frustrating as in when you need a certain resource you tend to find it before things become tedious.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I remember thinking i have to play this as it looked so similar to Subnautica but reviews saying it wasn't a patch on it. I can see it's 30 quid on psn but I'm assuming it's free on game pass? I'll keep an eye out if it ever ends up on ps plus.

Yeah, definitely good in that regard. I only struggled for a bit of aluminium at one point in Chapter 2/3, but never again after that. They know the crafting is secondary to the journey.

It's a hard game to explain without ruining the surprises.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Lorelei and the Laser Eyes sounds so goood. Out on May 16th. Simogo is IMO among the most consistently great studios out there so can’t wait to try.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/lorelei-and-the-laser-eyes-is-a-new-notebook-is-mandatory-puzzle-stunner-from-the-sayonara-wild-hearts-devs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut PC Requirements Revealed, PlayStation UI overlay includes Trophy Support, Legends mode cross-play confirmed

Hey everyone, Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut is coming to PC on May 16! Today we're giving you all the details on cross-play support in Legends mode and the inclusion of a new PlayStation overlay, with support for PlayStation Trophies and more.

As we've announced previously, Ghost on Tsushima Director's Cut on PC contains the full game, the Iki Island expansion, and the cooperative online multiplayer Legends mode. Thanks to cross-play support, Legends players on Windows PCs can team up with players on both PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles and use in-game voice chat to communicate. You will be required to sign into your PlayStation Network account to access Legends mode.

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut is the first PlayStation title on PC that uses a new PlayStation overlay, which includes your Friends list, Trophies, Settings, and your Profile. This feature is available on Windows PCs and will be accessible from the in-game menu or, for keyboard players, by pressing the "SHIFT +F1" shortcut on your keyboard.

Preset

Very Low

Medium

High

Very High

Avg performance

720P @ 30 FPS

1080P @ 60 FPS

1440P @ 60 FPS / 4K @ 30 FPS

4K @ 60 FPS

Processor

Intel Core i3-7100AMD Ryzen 3 1200

Intel Core i5-8600AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Intel Core i5-11400AMD Ryzen 5 5600

Intel Core i5-11400AMD Ryzen 5 5600

Graphics

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GBAMD Radeon RX 5500 XT

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2060AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070AMD Radeon RX 6800

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT

Memory

8 GB

16 GB

16 GB

16 GB

Storage

75 GB HDD space (SSD recommended)

75 GB SSD space

75 GB SSD space

75 GB SSD space

OS

Windows 10 64-bit

Windows 10 64-bit

Windows 10 64-bit

Windows 10 64-bit

I saw some awful reviews that I honestly don't feel it deserved. I think some people just don't get it.

It's similar to Subnautica but different. It also has a similar feel to RDR2 which is a comparison I don't think you'll find anyone else making 😆 You have to relax, go with the pace. Slowly floating in space with some nice "floating in space" zen music.

I didnt see it on game pass, it was free on EGS a while back. €30...mmm definitely full price but I wouldn't be disappointed with that personally. If you like Subnautica I think you should like it. Is it as good? No of course not. Does that make it a bad game? No.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

This is on Game Pass so I downloaded it last night and looking forward to trying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Luna84

Finished Cocoon. It actually finished very suddenly. I also missed a few achievements due to the game moving you to a new location and getting blocked from fully exploring. I never found it difficult at all and proud to say I did not need a guide. Pretty basic puzzles.

On another note I started Quantum Break. Seems good so far. I game every now and then but said the last few days I really should game more often as I was on cocoon for a while due to playing a bit every so often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Luna84

Anyone here try Grounded or The Gunk? They are two games I will like to try after Quantum Break.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I played Grounded when it was first released, early access. Was decent at the time. I'm sure it's much improved by now.

Definitely much better with friends though. It's good if you like base building and Honey I shrunk the kids

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

If you're referring to fo3, where you assume you could have sent a rad resistant follower in, I think they've fixed it. One of the DLCs changed it I think.

I'm playing through them again using TOTW, which basically combines both games into one and gives fo3 the quality of life features from NV like ADS along with other essential mods.

Also, surprised to see noone really discussing the TV Show. 10/10 imo.

Unless I missed a thread here in games. It's been a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I played the Gunk few years back, it was pretty fun, I'd recommend :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks like the PC version of eiyuden chronicle is the one to go for and avoid switch for now:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Powerful, hard-hitting investigative video games journalism from a departing associate editor of Rock Paper Shotgun.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/if-i-never-write-about-video-games-ever-again-let-this-be-my-final-plea

They have a point.

--

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep. For one or 2 launchers it seems to forget every time it updates and I log in rarely enough so there's always an update waiting.

Then the password isn't working so you go through the reset process, it still doesn't work so you look up why it's not working only to see the service is down and for some reason they can't let you know among your many login attempts and password resets. So then you're left wondering which password will be the right one when it comes up again.

That applies to here and many other services as well.

Umurangi Generation is finally on PlayStation. Didn't realise it still hasn't released on the platform. Anyway if you missed my game of the year 2020 on PC, Switch and XBox then I urge you to pick it up. Also follow the games composer Thorhighheels on YouTube because his content is kind of... Unique.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭jj880

Anyone trying for the play test of Hades 2?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1145350/Hades_II/

I've heard only good things, so that's enough for me to wait until release. Downloaded the first again, iirc I need to complete a few more runs to get the proper ending.

Struggling with Dave the Diver. I'm enjoying the diving side of it, but im starting to feel the restaurant part is getting in the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Didn't even realise that the play test was out yet so just signed up now.

Very tempted to get the early access of No Rest For The Wicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Was very tempted by this too but steamdeck is my pc gaming and apparently the performance is not great at the moment so might hold off for a while. Devs have noted this and have said they are or will be working on performance on SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm just looking for something new to play after getting bored of Helldivers.

Post edited by PixelPlayer on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Strange rumour making the rounds that Cillian Murphy is going to be the main villain in Far Cry 7.

Edit: now the 'leaker' is saying he didn't mean that Cillian was in the game when he played his Riddler type bullshit post. These guys man..

Post edited by Zero-Cool on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The could always use us Boardsies for the next Far Cry game.

I play a character called Jilted Jordan.

Zero plays a character called Commander Cool. Cold and calculating. Very dangerous individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah as soon as I saw a few tweets on it this morning, I just dismissed it as all probably starting from some clickbait account.

Reputable outlets never have an issue with circulating the same stuff, because it means they can write an article absolving themselves of the origins of the claim, and then when it's proven to be nonsense, write another article saying it's nonsense and again distancing themselves from the origin of the claim. Two articles from some nonsense twitter account.

• Advertisement

Ye are on a mission to reach Bend Studios to get Days Gone 2 made. Ye will meet many factions trying to stop ye on the way, especially the "Truth Sayers". Retr0 is selling jets from AC7 to help.

Advertisement