Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,932 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Tekken 3 on the PS1, the pinnacle

Virtua fighter fans are screaming about how wrong you are.

All two dozen of us.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

The lack of Psycho Power in this thread is disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Nine Monkeys of Shaolin looks like it would be good, might scratch that kung-fu itch. Bonus: main character is voiced by Daisuke Tsuji, who you should recognise as the English voice of Jin Sakai from Ghost of Tsushima, most likely soon to be the go-to person for main-role Japanese sounding English voice actors! €30 on the store at the moment, might pick it up myself at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I have God hand I still need to play but hear good things about it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,932 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I have God hand I still need to play but hear good things about it

It could well be the greatest game every made. And all it's about is punching people.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It could well be the greatest game every made. And all it's about is punching people.

Remember playing it years ago, it was like a mad anime western if I recall correctly. Was good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Nine Monkeys of Shaolin looks like it would be good, might scratch that kung-fu itch. Bonus: main character is voiced by Daisuke Tsuji, who you should recognise as the English voice of Jin Sakai from Ghost of Tsushima, most likely soon to be the go-to person for main-role Japanese sounding English voice actors! €30 on the store at the moment, might pick it up myself at some stage.

That almost looks like a remaster of T'ai Fu: Wrath of the Tiger.

Just another shout out for Johnny Ultimate's recommendation of Umurangi Generation. Great relaxed vibe to the game, very unique, awesome soundtrack and pretty one of the best games this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just another shout out for Johnny Ultimate's recommendation of Umurangi Generation. Great relaxed vibe to the game, very unique, awesome soundtrack and pretty one of the best games this year.

Actually just played through the DLC levels last night, which feel like an evolution of the level design ideas put forward in the base game. Doubles down on the narrative and political stuff that was hinted at in the main game, and gives you a pair of roller skates to boot :)

Definitely one of the best of the year, and which offers the photo mode to end all photo modes. If anything it shows up how facile a lot of typical, technically extravagant photo modes are - by handing you an actual camera, lenses and ISO settings this game dives deep into the creativity of photography, and really focuses on moments and compositions rather than just pretty lighting and landscapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Post has been deleted, but some of the info is here (DSOG).
    According to the leak, Monster Hunter Rise and Monster Hunter Stories 2 will be coming to the PC.

Capcom is working on a VR version of Resident Evil 4 for the Oculus VR headsets.

...the planned release date for Resident Evil Village... April 2021

Capcom is also working on a brand new multiplayer game. This game is codenamed SHIELD and will release in 2022.

I wonder if that's a VR version of OG RE4 or the remake....

But dmc2 never happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Myself and the missus would play that until our thumbs developed blisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But dmc2 never happened?

Maybe it's a sequel to the 2013 DmC.

Seems the leak also includes an Ace Attorney collection which will have the Great Ace Attorney games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Ace Combat 7. A mod on this forum has a particular fondness for this game, which has made an impression on me. So thanks to the excellent Xbox Game Pass, I am downloading this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Ace Combat 7. A mod on this forum has a particular fondness for this game, which has made an impression on me. So thanks to the excellent Xbox Game Pass, I am downloading this now.
    Enjoy, it's good craic!

Who would that be?

Enjoy, just remember to play with the advance realistic controls. Makes it a much better game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

It's awful. Not a patch on Days Gone...

Don't take the bait.

Dont take the bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Ace Combat 7 > Days Gone.

*runs*

• Advertisement

Sweet vindication.

*cries*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Umurangi Generation is better than Ace Combat 7 and Days Gone, so everyone should just play that.

Umurangi Generation is better than Ace Combat 7 and Days Gone, so everyone should just play that.

I actually agree...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Seeing people getting 18 cert video games for their kids for Christmas. Eg Call of Duty. 4K HDR.

Discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    Seeing people getting 18 cert video games for their kids for Christmas. Eg Call of Duty. 4K HDR.

Discuss.

The Big Christmas 2020 game ol' 4K HDR.
    What people do for their kids is their business. I imagine the vast, vast majority of people on here didn't wait until they were older to play cetain games or watch stuff like Robocop or Predator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

ERG89 wrote: »
    What people do for their kids is their business. I imagine the vast, vast majority of people on here didn't wait until they were older to play cetain games or watch stuff like Robocop or Predator

Difference between a 2 hour passive movie in SD or less, occasional violence vs 50+ hours of UHD active slaughter. It's getting more and more realistic. Also, much more of a chance that younger kids witness this since the timespan is much larger.

Families busting their bollocks getting consoles and these games for Christmas presents. Seems like it's goes from crazy to hyper crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

meh when I was younger you could slaughter a load of innocents in a Russian airport, the big contraversy last year was the fact one of the killstreaks, White Phosphorus is a real life war crime.
    Tame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

When I was around 10 you were an outcast if you hadn't already seen a bunch of blue movies, smoked or had some beers! watching violent over 18 action films was just normie stuff, and we had the easily-offened posses then too. Remember when listening to metal was considered akin to satan worship? there's always been snowflakes, I think social media just made them much more rampant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Think I was around 10ish when I first saw Alien. Taught me when your cat decides to play hide n seek don't go looking for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭quokula

meh when I was younger you could slaughter a load of innocents in a Russian airport, the big contraversy last year was the fact one of the killstreaks, White Phosphorus is a real life war crime.
    Tame.

Wait is that Russian airport sequence a classic now? In my mind that was about a year or two ago. Last COD I played was the WW2 one that came out for the XB360 launch though, guess I’m not up to speed...

Advertisement