Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know you're an adult in Ireland when

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Sunshine = Good drying weather

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

branie2 wrote: »
    You can stay up late.

but you're old so you get tired by 9pm and end up aching for bed before it gets dark...
    73Cat wrote: »
    When you find yourself telling the kids to "whissssssht, the news is on!"
    Getting excited over special offers on toilet rolls, calculating how much each roll costs, and checking the weight of two different brands to see which feel more substantial. Actually, maybe that's just me :)

Lidl have a price per sheet on their signs. I judge what I buy based on that if in Lidl :D

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

You're a professional on a decent salary and still can't afford to live in Dublin. What a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

when ya get the shift on a night out then scare the woman away when you say "I live at home"

when you'd sooner have some access cash to hand rather than buy your first car and get sick when you realize how much insurance will cost.

when you realize how much of a peasant you are when people around you have health insurance and I'm still relying on the public system.

when you flick through the channels and see that Vincent Browne is on, and get excited! (I know he's retired, I'll actually miss the guy on tv, I think he's great)

When you cook your dinner as close as possible to the time that the news is on so you can sit down and eat and watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

You start to worry about leaving the immersion on..

You worry even more about other people in the house leaving it on

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Im pretty sure I left the immersion on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

You'll give poor Des Bishop a heart attack with the immersion left on

You become more health-conscious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

You have abiding fond memories, if you are from Dublin, of shops like Clerys and Boyers.

You worry about your kids if they're out late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

You see two people chatting in the supermarket with their arms folded "sure that's it now ya. Anyway I better go. So how's your aunty Josie I heard she wasn't well"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

When your out fridge shopping with the girlfirend campareing fridges to one that will best suit us.

I never thought at 25 I would care that i wont more shelfs over drawers in my new fridge ....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭7 Seconds...

When you start listening to the death notices on your local radio station.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

When you start listening to the death notices on your local radio station.

I've caught myself reading them in the paper's.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭WildWater

When all the white envelopes that come through the letterbox have your name inside that little transparent window.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,297 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You know you're an adult in Ireland when ... school is back on 23 August and you don't care!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

cazzer22 wrote: »
    You're a professional on a decent salary and still can't afford to live in Dublin. What a joke

Professional moaner?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Barry vs. Lyons.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dramatik

When you see a teenage couple kissing and it gives you the same feeling as when you seen your parents kissing when you were younger, awkward and slightly ill!

Watching the weather channel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    when ya get the shift on a night out then scare the woman away when you say "I live at home"

Where else would one live???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

When you have a press for your shopping bags and refuse to buy new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

branie2 wrote: »
    You'll give poor Des Bishop a heart attack with the immersion left on

Careful with that joke, it's an antique.

You don't have to watch 18-rated films in secret

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

When you're still living at home because of the high rents, and can never have a shower in peace without envisioning the father standing outside with a stopwatch monitoring how long I'm in it and the monitoring my usage of water/electricity so he can lecture me the second I open the bathroom door upon my finishing up.

You look forward to a pint at the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

You buy your own house. Thats when I felt like a true adult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When your income gets raped every month.

Advertisement