Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stole a Pen form TKmax

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I run a seminar for guys like "your friend" how to be like bertie; come along and learn how to be a RobbingBandit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Surely Argos is the place to go if you want to steal a pen.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall if your "friend" was in the back office, the security asked him to sign the barring order and the friend said "can I borrow your pen..."

They only do pencils in Argos now. Maybe because everyone was robbing the pens.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

bee06 wrote:
    They only do pencils in Argos now. Maybe because everyone was robbing the pens.

Best to go to the bookies, the floor is covered in them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Guys. The OP hasn't been back on, it's rather obvious with a new account
    He was talking about himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

sunny2004 - given the above post and your previous post in this thread - if you have suspicions about a poster, please report the post and let the mods deal with it. Do not start making accusations against the OP.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

dudara wrote: »
    sunny2004 - given the above post and your previous post in this thread - if you have suspicions about a poster, please report the post and let the mods deal with it. Do not start making accusations against the OP.

dudara

While I thought it was obvious I apologise and will report the post right now to you.
    THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK !

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Their tactic in TKMaxx (and presumably other retailers) is to give you the 'opportunity' to pay them a fine to stop them proceeding with prosecution.
    I have never heard of this, but wondered if there was a way they could do it. People are saying it is definitely illegal and blackmail, but I wonder if there is a way to effectively do it, maybe not calling it a fine. People get fined on the luas if they do not pay, which stops them proceeding with prosecution, some could consider that a legal form of blackmail. Nowadays it is common to see this fine described as a "standard fare" or similar.

I wondered if there was someway they could say "we caught you with the part of the set which was 22euro, standard price is now 100, do you still want to buy it?"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

sunny2004 wrote: »
    While I thought it was obvious I apologise and will report the post right now to you.
    THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK !

The post was never reported.

Don't post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

They will prob write off the cost of the pen...

Advertisement