Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People you didn't know were dead until years later...and were gutted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Keith Richards died about 20 years ago but nobody has told him yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I was out for a few pints the other night with the buddies and the death of George Michael came up. One fella was shocked. Couldn't get his head around the fact that Georgie was after kicking the bucket

Where was he last Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Police Academys, Sgt Eugene Tackleberry (David Graf)...he died more than 15 years ago ...only found out last year I think

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The opposite to the title BUT i always thought Robert Hardy was dead until I saw he died a few weeks ago at the ripe old age of 91. A great actor and I watched nearly all the episodes of All Creatures Great and Small and still watch repeats now.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

only last week I was watching Stephen kings IT the tv movie I was looking up the cast and found out the main kid actor Georgies brother had commited suicide in his twenties . how sad he was great in that movie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Lorelli! wrote: »
    Only recently found out that Tom Murphy, the actor who played Paul in Adam and Paul died in 2007.

Wasnt he in pure mule aswell used to love that show

murpho999 wrote: »
    Where was he last Christmas?

I heard he spent it with his family but I dunno was that just a careless whisper

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

branie2 wrote: »
    Not gutted, but I was surprised to find out that the Carry On actor, Kenneth Williams was dead for years.

Oddly enough I was watching Carry On Camping over the weekend so I randomly looked up some of the stars of the series.
    Sad to say but it's possible Kenneth Williams may have committed suicide. His diary suggests he was depressed and his last entry was "what's the point of it all".... It's up in the air. Some belive he did, others think he didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Oh yeah, Brad Renfro who starred in The Client, Sleepers and Apt Pupil in the 90s died of a drug overdose in 2008, only 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Got a present of The Sopranos Box Set and am now watching it for the very first time. Just found out that James Gondolfini is dead. It was probably well publicised at the time but it didn't mean anything to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

only last week I was watching Stephen kings IT the tv movie I was looking up the cast and found out the main kid actor Georgies brother had commited suicide in his twenties . how sad he was great in that movie

Wasted a few hours of my life watching that crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Yea I remember hearing that and was shocked. He was in The Never Ending Story as well.
    Wasnt he in pure mule aswell used to love that show

I never watched it but yea, had a look there and it is him. I'm a bit confused because when you Google him, a picture of a man who looks nothing like him comes up under his name for the film Adam and Paul and I'm not sure if it's a mistake or he really changed that much :/:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

John B. Keane, I love his books and one day decided to Google him to find out he had died two years earlier (2002)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

o1s1n wrote: »
    The Land Before Time was one of my favourite films as a kid, wore the VHS tape out I watched it so many times.

Found out years later that the voice actress (Judith Barsi) behind the character Ducky was murdered while she was a child :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Barsi

That's a horrific read.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Yea I remember hearing that and was shocked. He was in The Never Ending Story as well.

I never watched it but yea, had a look there and it is him. I'm a bit confused because when you Google him, a picture of a man who looks nothing like him comes up under his name for the film Adam and Paul and I'm not sure if it's a mistake or he really changed that much :/:confused:

I never knew he died until recently he died not long after Adam n paul came out think he had cancer.I see what u mean im the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Rick mayall

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Isn't the actor who played his brother also dead, Jonathan Brandis?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Cory Haim - died in 2010 aged 38
    The Lost Boys was on the other night and I was looking up some of the cast on IMDB. Somehow I missed that he died, I vaguely remembered him making a comeback with Corey Feldman in some reality show.

Was in tears reading about him. Very sad story, his battle with drug addiction, possibly abused by studio exec, he was only a kid when he started and ended up destitute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I was quite surprised to hear my wife died two years ago.

In my defence the sex was the same but the dishes piled up

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Sparks43 wrote: »
    I was quite surprised to hear my wife died two years ago.

In my defence the sex was the same but the dishes piled up

:p

I'm picturing you telling that joke on a stage, in a garish sequin jacket. Drummer behind you ready with the "Ba dum................tish"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dark Rabbit

Barry Norman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Benjamin Buttons

Barry Norman

You didn't know 'Bazza' had checked out....and why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Zed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Only recently found out that Tom Murphy, the actor who played Paul in Adam and Paul died in 2007.

Yeah and Pure Mule fame....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

KungPao wrote: »
    Zed.

Twice today my missus asked who's motorcycle I'm driving. I keep telling her it's a Chopper!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,211 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Well not years, only a few months, but Powers Boothe died back in may. Only seen it when i was looking up something he was in on imdb. He was working up until last year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I never knew for years River Phoenix had died, such a young age to go and a great actor too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Elmo wrote: »

I had to look that up, I never knew Jonathan died or Brad Renfro. I'm in shock here

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Autosport wrote: »
    Elmo wrote: »

I had to look that up, I never knew Jonathan died or Brad Renfro. I'm in shock here

Also the kid from The Client I think? Or is that brad renfro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Phillip Tyler from Bosco

Advertisement