Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED65C6V - €1610 - Currys Mahon Point

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

F**k sake all gone in Galway. Can't find them on website or through model search in store, the people on the phone are beyond useless.

Does any one have the stock code NOT the model number?

I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I can at that price.

There is no way to contact individual stores either - just through the crappy 1890 number

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

It looks like my theory was right about the reason for the massive price drop of this set being down to the curved screen,
    https://qz.com/878798/should-you-buy-a-curved-or-3d-tv-nope-the-revolution-is-already-dead/

It's a great bargain, but it's still €1600 for a flawed design concept that has been dropped already.

I don't know about curved as I've never watched a curved TV but I personally love 3d. It's a shame if the technology is going to be dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Ush1 wrote: »
    I don't know about curved as I've never watched a curved TV but I personally love 3d. It's a shame if the technology is going to be dropped.

With the new HDR+ and Dolby Vision tech, the contrast levels are so high it's kinda like a 3d effect, in the sense that the image on modern high end tv's look very realistic, as if your looking through a window.

Watching " The Revenant " in 10bit 4k is stunning. The scenes where the sun is shining onto the frozen land, you want to be wearing sunglasses. Chappie is also stunning colour wise. Very vibrant and colourful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Ush1 wrote: »

Curved is fairly horrible in terms of reflections. It's already happened for 3D. Once the old stock is gone, that's it. I don't think there is a single manufacturer making them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Curved is fairly horrible in terms of reflections. It's already happened for 3D. Once the old stock is gone, that's it. I don't think there is a single manufacturer making them now.

Unless you live in a lighthouse it's pretty pointless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭micks_address

im pretty sure the curved model doesn't have 3d? I have a e55 that I paid a lot for last xmas... flawless performance and 3d is a real treat on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

im pretty sure the curved model doesn't have 3d? I have a e55 that I paid a lot for last xmas... flawless performance and 3d is a real treat on it..

The C6 does have 3D. The B6 doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rman2727

Thanks Soarer for your post, very much appreciated. Friend picked up a 55" version in Dundalk earlier, Tv is going into the corner of the room and suits it perfectly. Picture looks fantastic, all set up now for the McGregor fight next Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

What kind of stand would ye suggest for the 65" version. Mine will be in the middle of the living room.

Being curved would it need a stand with more dept ?

What ever takes your fancy, depth has no impact on your choice. See attached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Sponsorgate

I'm guessing these are sold out at this stage?

Must be surely! Fair play to anyone that nabbed one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

You might still get a display model somewhere.

As long as you get the 5 year warranty, and there's no screen burn, you should be ok.

If you have an Android phone with an IR blaster, Samsung Galaxy S4 for example, you can download the free app Anymote, and access the service menu of the set you're looking at.

Look at the UTT figure. That's the running hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Has anyone tried to wall hang it ?

Would a standard wall bracket do the job.

Maybe ask on the C6 owners' thread on AVForums?

Also, I think eamonndunphy on here said he was gonna do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Soarer wrote: »
    Maybe ask on the C6 owners' thread on AVForums?

Also, I think eamonndunphy on here said he was gonna do it.

I have my on the wall, it worked fitted fine on my wall bracket that I'd used for my 55 inch led

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

Bhangraman wrote: »
    Nothing left in the Dublin area, as is to be expected :p

There is one in Blanchardstown on display ... but has multiple screen burns :D

GLWS with that one.

Fair play!

Don't go looking for issues, or doing screen tests.
    Throw in the recommended AVForums settings, adjust the OLED settings to the brightness you like, and away you go.

The latest update gives HLG support, but dims HDR Gaming mode. Turn Dynamic Contrast to high, and it fixes the dullness.

Drop us a pm if you're stuck.

Welcome to the club. All your other tellys will look crap now!

Edit: download some HDR demos for yourself. HDR Chess and Cymatic Jazz are incredible to look at.

how you finding the tv with recommened avforums settings? not sure if they suit me, have been messing with them alot.

is it just me or are some 4k hdr videos on netflix a bit grainy, things like the defenders, daredevil etc?

how you finding the tv with recommened avforums settings? not sure if they suit me, have been messing with them alot.

is it just me or are some 4k hdr videos on netflix a bit grainy, things like the defenders, daredevil etc?

I used the avforums but like you, they didn't suit. The whites weren't great, and colours were dull enough. Will go looking, but there was another user that posted his settings. Think the OLED brightness was up at 100 and contrast was something similar. Really brought the whites to life for me.

As for the Netflix stuff, haven't a clue. Don't use it.

You sure they're hdr? 'Cause whatever about 4K material, HDR stuff should be spot on.

Have you downloaded other HDR demos?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I found this with most of the Netflix 4k stuff, not sure if its an encoding issue. I have pacific rim in 4k HDR on blue ray and it's class.

• Advertisement

Haven't looked at any hdr demos, i dont have a uhd blu ray player yet, so only hdr i've seen is on netflix.

Still messing around with colour and brightness settings but defo disappointed with netflix hdr

Re demos.
    Just download to a USB key and use the built in media player!

Also get some 3D demos. The 3D is superb in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Sponsorgate

Do curry’s do Black Friday deals & if so would they be like this one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement