Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Forsyth has died

Options
13»

Comments

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Brucie would have come as welcome light relief in my house, after Mum & my sisters commandeered the TV & forced the men to endure Howards Way, Hotel or the bloody Thorn Birds.

I've never heard of any of those things. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Generation Gone , RIP Brucie , you were a master .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Candie wrote: »
    I think British people generally will have fonder memories of him.

Not sure if ones nationality played a part in ones fondness for him on terrestrial TV. His TV presence in our South Dublin living room would have been just as good any other another family's experience in Ireland & Britain. Terry Wogan was another Great who was greatly loved by Irish & British people alike.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,070 ✭✭✭✭beertons

No matter what your mood was, he would always make you smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

A truly professional all round entertainer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

The ultimate entertainer, rip Mr Forsyth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

Natural presenter. Always looked easy to him. Never seemed like he was trying just doing what he was born to do. Alot presenter's today just try to hard Bruce made it look easy.
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Cuddly toy, electric kettle, toaster, portable TV, food mixer...

Everybody remembered the cuddly toy.

RIP

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Great all round entertainer. Generation Game was before my time but I first recall him from Play Your Cards Right in the early 1980s.

RIP Brucie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Candie wrote: »
    I've never heard of any of those things. :confused:

You whipper-snapper you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,571 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Play your cards right was one of my favourite shows as a kid and Bruceys presence was phenomenal. As soon as he walked on stage he had the crowd in the Palm of his hand. Even his walk onto the stage had so much grandiose

Even up to a couple of years ago on Strictly he was still on top of his game, as sharp as ever. It was just physically exhausting for him at that age to go on.

Bob Monkhouse was a magnificent host, Barrymore was great in his prime, Ant & Dec are probably his natural successor, but Brucey topped the lot and by a distance. And there won't ever be a man of such loved presence again. A man that never loses character. A very hard thing nowadays with social media. For Brucey you seen him on Saturday night and he was bang on form and then again next Saturday. Whilst now we have access to people 24/7, it just doesn't have the same effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

So sorry to hear of his passing. He was a true icon of the broadcasting world and 89 was a good age to live to. I hope his family and friends get the space they need to grieve for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Sad to hear the news of Bruce's death. May he Rest In Peace. I remember him starring in a soap called Slingers Day when I was small. I loved it and he made me laugh so much:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Sad to hear the news of Bruce's death. May he Rest In Peace. I remember him starring in a soap called Slingers Day when I was small. I loved it and he made me laugh so much:)

Ya he replaced the brilliant Leonard Rossiter who died suddenly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

RIP, he had a remarkable career.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

he could turn his hand to anything

RIP

Advertisement