Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robert Plant - Ulster Hall & BGE Theatre, 2nd & 3rd December 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Grid. wrote: »
    Cheers....I rang them today and got a rather embarrassed response .....saying the site " hadn't been updated and wasn't working properly" ..but that he was still playing the venue :rolleyes:.....to which I voiced my displeasure!:p

I guess, though, nearer the date, they might include details of stage times on the site and its facebook page.

MCD usually post the stage times on its facebook and twitter pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Few tickets back on Ticketmaster now.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

I guess, though, nearer the date, they might include details of stage times on the site and its facebook page.

MCD usually post the stage times on its facebook and twitter pages.

per ticketmaster email last Friday

Doors: 7.00pm
    Seth Lakeman: 7.45pm
    Robert Planet & The Sensational Space Shifters: 8.45pm
    **All times are subject to change!**

really looking forward to this now

and yes it that's not my typo its what was on the email Robert 'Planet'!!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭villa2008

Looking for 1 ticket if anybody has 1 to sell??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

BGE is a shyte venue for a gig

Funny it's one of my favourite venues. I saw John Cougar Melloncamp a few years ago and The Waterboys only a few weeks ago. Both had brilliant sound imo.

Really looking forward to the gig tomorrow.

• Advertisement

villa2008 wrote:
    Looking for 1 ticket if anybody has 1 to sell??

Seatwave have tickets from 70 euro. Pricy but its an option if you are stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭villa2008

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Seatwave have tickets from 70 euro. Pricy but its an option if you are stuck

Only selling pairs at 79 euro each and 110 euro each for a single stall / upper circle, so no thanks. Looking for a face value ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GuitarTown

Just had a peek at what was played last night in Belfast. would be very happy with this set tonight, Would kill to hear that first song especially

D'yer Mak'er (Led Zeppelin song)
    New World...
    Turn It Up
    The May Queen
    Rainbow
    That's the Way (Led Zeppelin song)
    All the King's Horses
    Season's Song
    House of Cards (Richard & Linda Thompson cover)
    Gallows Pole
    Carry Fire
    Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You (Joan Baez cover)
    Little Maggie
    Funny in My Mind (I Believe I'm Fixin' to Die)
    Misty Mountain Hop (Led Zeppelin song)

What Is and What Should Never Be (Led Zeppelin song)
    Bluebirds Over the Mountain (Ersel Hickey cover)
    Whole Lotta Love /Santy Ano (song by Odetta) / Whole Lotta Love (Led Zeppelin song)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Great gig tonight, but thought the sound was a bit hissy in the early numbers.

Sai Baba Nag Champa incense pumped around the auditorium but no drink allowed in??!!

He's still got it, what a voice.

Great gig. Unfortunately I was sat beside two muppet that wouldn't shut up. They thought it was fun to sing pink Floyd and the beatles. My enjoyment improved when the were chucked out.

Great mix of of songs. Around 5 Zeppelin songs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Great gig tonight, he's still the best for me. Forgetting the drummer was priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Great gig. Unfortunately I was sat beside two muppet that wouldn't shut up. They thought it was fun to sing pink Floyd and the beatles. My enjoyment improved when the were chucked out.

Great mix of of songs. Around 5 Zeppelin songs

Two people got chucked out?

The Nal wrote:
    Two people got chucked out?

Yup. They were sat beside me on level 4. They were well drunk but had that obnoxious attitude of a coke head

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Sleeper12 wrote:
    Yup. They were sat beside me on level 4. They were well drunk but had that obnoxious attitude of a coke head

Arseholes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Was there a scene then? Them being all agro and shouting etc?

The Nal wrote:
    Was there a scene then? Them being all agro and shouting etc?

No. They waited for one to go to the toilet and wouldn't let him back in. He then rang his mate. We were literally in front of the edge of the balcony. There would have been a real danger that someone falling over if they tried to drag them out

Truly exceptional show and Plant was on top form. It's always nice to see an artist you love enjoy himself on stage and Plant was in heaven up there. I was so engrossed in the show that I didn't even realise that Natalie Dormer from Game of Thrones and Elementary was sat beside me and honestly half the audience could have stripped down and I wouldn't have noticed given how engrossed in the show I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭jucko

Absolutely top class show amazing stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Truly exceptional show and Plant was on top form. It's always nice to see an artist you love enjoy himself on stage and Plant was in heaven up there. I was so engrossed in the show that I didn't even realise that Natalie Dormer from Game of Thrones and Elementary was sat beside me and honestly half the audience could have stripped down and I wouldn't have noticed given how engrossed in the show I was.

I've have ended up being arrested if she sat next to me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 1gealach4

Set list, anyone? [for the Dublin show]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

clarep wrote: »
    Set list, anyone? [for the Dublin show]

Here is the setlist on setlist.fm

I think it is the full list

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/robert-plant/2017/bord-gais-energy-theatre-dublin-ireland-13e07d19.html

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

Plant was simply majestic.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭fillup

Advertisement