Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robert Plant - Ulster Hall & BGE Theatre, 2nd & 3rd December 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

Will definitely be trying to get tickets for this one. Looks like the closest thing we'll ever get to a LZ gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

jsms88 wrote: »
    Will definitely be trying to get tickets for this one. Looks like the closest thing we'll ever get to a LZ gig.

No, that was the Point in the mid 90s when Page & Plant played, that was a superb gig.

BGE is a shyte venue for a gig

No, that was the Point in the mid 90s when Page & Plant played, that was a superb gig.

Yea, but nowadays it's probably as good as it's gonna get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Saw Plant twice in The Olympia, first gig was great, second was good but not AS good. I think twice is enough, besides, still haven't quite forgiven them playing Whole Lotta Love and skipping the solo!!

I havnt seen him before so I'm defintely going to try to get a ticket. He played The Marquee in Cork a few years back but for some reason I didn't go.... don't know what I was thinking at the time :-P

Although, it will mean trips up to Dublin 4 weeks in a row... all for concerts!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is this a solo gig or is he playing with the Space Shifters Band like at the Picnic in 2013.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

Is this a solo gig or is he playing with the Space Shifters Band like at the Picnic in 2013.

It is with the sensational space shifters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

It's mental that they built that edifice with such lousy raking/sightlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Something i've always thought about, if you were to take away all the bullshit that would come with a LZ reunion and the guys could just turn up and play would they do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

^ I can't be the only one who actually admires the fact that they never went down the "cash for retirement" reunion road. Leave the legacy .... keep your integrity (although that would seem to be Plants stance .... I think Page would have flogged the Led Zep name to death given half the chance).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,572 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

RayCon wrote: »
    ^ I can't be the only one who actually admires the fact that they never went down the "cash for retirement" reunion road. Leave the legacy .... keep your integrity (although that would seem to be Plants stance .... I think Page would have flogged the Led Zep name to death given half the chance).

Nah Page has a strong hold over the legacy and has preserved it well. In terms of releases anyway.

Regarding the reunion etc, people are lazy bastards. Just want to hear the old hits. Plant is dead right. Also Bonham is dead. 25% of the band down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The Nal wrote: »
    Nah Page has a strong hold over the legacy and has preserved it well. In terms of releases anyway.

Regarding the reunion etc, people are lazy bastards. Just want to hear the old hits. Plant is dead right. Also Bonham is dead. 25% of the band down.

Bonham is dead??????? No way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,572 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Wooderson wrote: »
    Bonham is dead??????? No way.

Yep, he was one of the pilots on 9/11.

Tickets are punchy enough for this. 80 for the stalls it looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I was with you on this until I saw the DVD of the gig in London, they sounded so ****ing good! Yeah Bonham's dead and Jimmy has arthiritis in his fingers so he can't shred quite like he used to but they did an excellent job I thought. It's just Plant being a stubborn old bastard and refusing to indulge the fans and remaining band members.

But anyway, id go to this but it's a bit pricey. I saw him at Electric Picnic in 2013 though and he was really great, the band are excellent too and they play plenty of Led Zep tunes and loads of old blues stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

Never been to the BGE before, ideally where would someone aim at being seated ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

tatoo wrote: »
    ideally where would someone aim at being seated ?

....on their arse.

....on their arse.

Thanks, I was planning on doing that already 😀, but where - stalls, circle ?

Thanks, I was planning on doing that already 😀, but where - stalls, circle ?

I was upstairs (top level) for the Cranberries gig earlier this year and I though there was a great view from there. I think I'm going to try to get floor level for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Front row of circle is roughly above row M of stalls. So if you can get in the first 15 rows of stalls they are great, and front rows of circle would be great too.

Thanks folks, I suppose there will be plenty of demand for tickets tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement

Thanks folks, I suppose there will be plenty of demand for tickets tomorrow morning.

Yea, hopefully it won't be too bad!

Well that was very straight forward in the end! Got a lovely end of row stalls ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Damn app isn't working, gets to payment, then some generic error

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Only offered seats at the back of the stalls or upper circle, turned them down.
    Seems to be sold out already.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mikekerry

ya same here , turned down the ones they offered and they are all gone now.
    oh well!

Looks to be sold out, couldn't get any myself

Kept at it and got two stall tickets, happy out.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Anyone know if this is still going ahead in BGET..........been on their site today and no mention of him anywhere in the listings and a search brings up nothing....... I have a ticket, but just wondering has it been moved to another venue by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Grid. wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is still going ahead in BGET..........been on their site today and no mention of him anywhere in the listings and a search brings up nothing....... I have a ticket, but just wondering has it been moved to another venue by any chance?

It has not been moved to another venue.

MCD are promoting the Belfast Ulster Hall show on 2nd December, and Dublin Bord Gais Energy Theatre shows, on 3rd December.

It is stated on mcd.ie that both gigs are sold out.

https://mcd.ie/artists/robert-plant/

My guess is that most of the listings of shows on the Bord Gais Energy Theatre website, are shows that are being promoted by the venue company itself, and that the details off all the other shows that are being promoted by other promoters, might not be included on the website?

For example Russell Watson is playing at the Bord Gais Energy Theatre, and it would appear that neither MCD or Aiken Promotions are promoting that show, as he isn't listed on either mcd.ie or aikenpromotions.com

Edit: as a complete contradiction of what I have just suggested might be the explanation for it not being listed on the venue website, Gilbert O'Sullivan plays at the Bord Gais Energy Theatre on 26th November, promoted by Aiken Promotions, and that show is listed on the Bord Gais Energy Theatre site and on aikenpromotions.com.:)

https://aikenpromotions.com/shows/artist/601-gilbert-o-sullivan.html
    http://bordgaisenergytheatre.ie/index.php/artist/gilbert-osullivan-in-concert1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

It has not been moved to another venue.

MCD are promoting the Belfast Ulster Hall show on 2nd December, and Dublin Bord Gais Energy Theatre shows, on 3rd December.

It is stated on mcd.ie that both gigs are sold out.

https://mcd.ie/artists/robert-plant/

My guess is that most of the listings of shows on the Bord Gais Energy Theatre website, are shows that are being promoted by the venue company itself, and that the details off all the other shows that are being promoted by other promoters, might not be included on the website?

For example Russell Watson is playing at the Bord Gais Energy Theatre, and it would appear that neither MCD or Aiken Promotions are promoting that show, as he isn't listed on either mcd.ie or aikenpromotions.com

Edit: as a complete contradiction of what I have just suggested might be the explanation for it not being listed on the venue website, Gilbert O'Sullivan plays at the Bord Gais Energy Theatre on 26th November, promoted by Aiken Promotions, and that show is listed on the Bord Gais Energy Theatre site and on aikenpromotions.com.:)

https://aikenpromotions.com/shows/artist/601-gilbert-o-sullivan.html
    http://bordgaisenergytheatre.ie/index.php/artist/gilbert-osullivan-in-concert1

Cheers....I rang them today and got a rather embarrassed response .....saying the site " hadn't been updated and wasn't working properly" ..but that he was still playing the venue :rolleyes:.....to which I voiced my displeasure!:p

Advertisement