Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos *be warned gamers

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Completely agree with that assessment, no issue at all with 1, big issue with 2.

9 years ago I bought a small chest freezer in Harvey Norman. When it was delivered and they left I noticed there was a tear in the packing on one corner. I didn't think much of it until I unpacked it and there was a big dent on that corner.

Next day I went into the store with my receipt and explained the situation and asked for a replacement. No problem they said but I would have to pay for a second delivery or take care of transport myself. When I asked why I was told that they use a third party for delivery and they would need to get paid. I politely said that was ridiculous and that it wasn't my issue that Careline damaged the freezer, that was Harvey Normans problem. I asked to speak to a manager and was told he was busy but to come back in half an hour and the assistant would talk to him about the situation. Lol and behold when I came back I was told they would collect the damaged freezer, send out a new one and no charge at all and apologies for the confusion.

Sometimes stores either don't think about the silliness of what they are saying, so don't be afraid to politely state your case and ask to speak to management.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Anthony1988

That's a shame, I had them swap out an Xbox one elite comptroller when right bumper broke in it, bought all my hardware from them since including tv etc. Was planning on buying Xbox one x in there when it comes out. Won't be happening now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm currently having a similar issue with Flexirent (it's a bit different, as it's Consumer Credit, but still technically the same). They're point blank refusing to fix my laptop, which still has payments left on it, because apparently connecting an external CD Drive which subsequently can't take the power and blows up while also doing something to my laptop, is not accidental damage, and telling me to contact the manufacturer. Ah, no lads, it's ye i'm renting it from, not Toshiba...

I think it's long overdue a mail drop to every person in Ireland clearly outlining, in simple english, your rights as a consumer. If some company is after buying Argos, and they want to test the faulty products, grand! If they're trying to fob off customers, that's an issue! I never really shopped there to begin with, but it would put me off buying there in the future (just like i'll never get anything on Flexirent again, and actively put people off it!).

DON'T USE FLEXIRENT!!!! Cowboys Ted!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Small claims court is your only man....have used it twice and won twice and it is the only way to teach these fooks a lesson

Advertisement