Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social media influencers

Options
  • 17-08-2017 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

I've been reading about a few Social media influencers getting trolled lately the last one I just read about was Clare balding getting horrible mesages about her family ,, I think anyone that just sends messages like that are disgusting,,
    It made me think though there are people like that out in the world that feel if you put your life out there that they are entitled to these opinions not everyone has a conscience or a filter and are just vile in general,,
    It makes me think why these snapchatters show their family to all these strangers for no reason, I understand a blogger needs to do it for financial gain or because they are making a career out of constantly posting on social media
    I just don't get the people who do it for no reason why do they want all these strangers who they don't know see their kids and private holidays ect ...
    Is it just me that finds it odd a few weeks ago faces by grace shared her sisters snapchat handle and I was perplexed as to why this woman would want all these strangers watching her or her child ..
    you just don't know who your exposing your family to ,,
    Maybe it's just me that feels it's odd

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I just was thinking about posting this thread. It's a strange one. First it was tignam, then Claire, now someone called Sarah (I think?)
    It's so bizarre, why would anyone be bothered? I think it shows that enentually people just ruin things for themselves. What I don't understand is why it's okay for masses of women to tear down one blogger/woman because "she puts herself out there", but is getting pitch forks out the next day when it's a different blogger. It's sad, though. Most of these people are parents and they're worse than kids themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

I just was thinking about posting this thread. It's a strange one. First it was tignam, then Claire, now someone called Sarah (I think?)
    It's so bizarre, why would anyone be bothered? I think it shows that enentually people just ruin things for themselves. What I don't understand is why it's okay for masses of women to tear down one blogger/woman because "she puts herself out there", but is getting pitch forks out the next day when it's a different blogger. It's sad, though. Most of these people are parents and they're worse than kids themselves.

It's so weird anyone that sends them type of messages is terrible ,, but at the same time why is Clare and others sharing there kids private holidays and snaps of them drunk on snap to people they don't know,,
    When you share that much of your life your going to get weirdos that think it's ok to criticise why put your kids up for that ridicule ,,
    As a mother I would barely put a pic up of my own child on social media to people I do know absolutely no way would I share my family to strangers it's a recipe for disaster for every one normal viewer there will be a load of weirdos ,,
    I saw on jen Hattons Snapchat that Clare has traced the IP address god knows who this person is

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Cria wrote: »
    I saw on jen Hattons Snapchat that Clare has traced the IP address god knows who this person is

What was said to Claire?

I'm glad she's found out or at least got a lead on who did it. I don't follow Claire so missed the drama. I think she should be free to share whatever she pleases on her Snapchat but it's not realistic to expect everyone else to be as enthralled with the content. Still though, no need for threats or to go out of your way to be nasty.

TBH it will do Claire no harm remembering that going forward if it ever comes down to making another snapchatters life miserable on her social media.

I'm glad she's found out or at least got a lead on who did it. I don't follow Claire so missed the drama. I think she should be free to share whatever she pleases on her Snapchat but it's not realistic to expect everyone else to be as enthralled with the content. Still though, no need for threats or to go out of your way to be nasty.

TBH it will do Claire no harm remembering that going forward if it ever comes down to making another snapchatters life miserable on her social media.

Absolutely she has every right to share what she likes on her social media but the reality is there's always someone who's going to say these things and Imo share what you like about yourself to strangers but don't share your kids ..

I used to love watching Claire myself I unfollowed as I felt she thought she was somewhat of a celebrity and she was saying some stuff about other bloggers

I think going forward she should think very long and hard about sharing her family and private holidays ect there are plenty of bloggers and influencers that have a high number of followers who keep their families private ..

• Advertisement

fima wrote: »
    What was said to Claire?

I don't know exactly what was said I just read on a group and saw on jen hattons Snapchat that she was receiving horrible messages regarding her family

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I was thinking this today aswell! I know on here we might give out about certain bloggers but it never gets personal it's about their business side of things! Some of those Facebook groups are terrible the way they talk about some of the bloggers! But to send hate to somebody is crazy! Why would you go out of your way to do that is beyond me!
    Apparently there are secret Facebook groups that talk about them all and god knows what! If you go to those lengths to talk about somebody you really should look at your self! Those are the real haters and jealous people! Not the ones who complain about #ad or not doing the job correctly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm slightly confused, Clare Balding is a tv presenter not a social influencer? Or am I wrong?

She's a snapchatter who suffered from alopecia. She seems to be the golden gal of snapchat at the moment but I don't follow her because she wasn't very nice towards other bloggers and I don't find that "gas" but by all accounts she's supposed to be very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I just don't know when it became acceptable to show your family and kids on a platform which is essentially your employment. It would be like bringing the wife and kids into the office and let everyone have a gawk at them but expect them not to have an opinion, only adulation is welcome, and any other than praise is bullying. Now I've no idea who ye are talking about here I don't even know who Clare is and obviously nasty comments are never okay, but guess what- if you plaster you family all over social media to god knows who- you will receive unwanted and unpleasant comments.

Not everyone follows you because they like you, and there are a lot of weirdos out there who will send you horrible things, so maybe it's best to just concentrate on your job and leave the kids, cousins, aunts and uncle in law twice removed out of it.

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    I just don't know when it became acceptable to show your family and kids on a platform which is essentially your employment. It would be like bringing the wife and kids into the office and let everyone have a gawk at them but expect them not to have an opinion, only adulation is welcome, and any other than praise is bullying. Now I've no idea who ye are talking about here I don't even know who Clare is and obviously nasty comments are never okay, but guess what- if you plaster you family all over social media to god knows who- you will receive unwanted and unpleasant comments.

Not everyone follows you because they like you, and there are a lot of weirdos out there who will send you horrible things, so maybe it's best to just concentrate on your job and leave the kids, cousins, aunts and uncle in law twice removed out of it.

Completely agree keep your family separate there is always going to be creeps watching the funny thing is she's not even a blogger she has nothing to gain by being on Snapchat so there's no need for her to put her family up for public consumption.
    I readded her to see what she had to say she was understandably angry about people saying such mean things but on the flip side apparently she is known for slating other bloggers on her Snapchat so what she is saying is contradicting..
    She practically name and shamed the girl who sent the messages it was so obvious who she was talking about I hope the girl who did it apologises to her very strange situation altogether

Cria wrote: »
    Completely agree keep your family separate there is always going to be creeps watching the funny thing is she's not even a blogger she has nothing to gain by being on Snapchat so there's no need for her to put her family up for public consumption.
    I readded her to see what she had to say she was understandably angry about people saying such mean things but on the flip side apparently she is known for slating other bloggers on her Snapchat so what she is saying is contradicting..
    She practically name and shamed the girl who sent the messages it was so obvious who she was talking about I hope the girl who did it apologises to her very strange situation altogether

I just added her there and I've honestly no clue what she's on about from start to finish. I used to be on top of all this crap I'm slacking lol. Who is she saying said these things about her? Is it the one who set up the galz who snap group?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Aw lads, I'm just not able for the mob mentality of some women on FB after this. Trolling is ridic, but let's be realistic here, if you have a large following, trolling WILL happen. No, it's not nice, and you'd wonder who the eejits are that do it, but come on, do you really think all the thousands who follow you will adore you?? She also hasn't said what was sent, so everyone is assuming it was something disgusting and vile, when it could well be something minor that just happened to touch a nerve with her. Claire is implying very heavily who it is, and now all her fans have gone on the attack of said person. It's gotten totally out of hand, and Claire is some woman to advise her followers to be kind to everyone, she constantly makes digs at other snappers and bloggers like. In short, trolling is horrible, but I don't get why everyone is so shocked about it, this kind of thing happens every day and will continue to as long as you have a large following on social media. No, it's not nice, but by fanning the flames and implying who it is without saying it is only creating a huge drama, when nobody even knows what was said. If you don't want to risk trolling, or more specifically, trolling towards your family, REMOVE them from snapchat. I am not for a moment condoning the trolling, but if you are so upset and it's causing you to cry on camera, then maybe you shouldnt show so much on it. Nevermind that kids dont understand social media as we do, and have no real say in what is shown of them to thousands of randoms each day.

anna080 wrote: »
    I just added her there and I've honestly no clue what she's on about from start to finish. I used to be on top of all this crap I'm slacking lol. Who is she saying said these things about her? Is it the one who set up the galz who snap group?

Yes that's who she's implying it is apparently her and the other admin did something similar to another blogger it's all madness these are women with kids

I'm so shocked at this. Claire takes a break from Snapchat for a day and it's like Ireland winning the World Cup when she logs in a day later. If someone felt the need to make a fake profile I have no doubt the messages were bad enough not to be associated with their real account. I have no real sympathy that she was putted really, live by the sword, die by the sword and all that.

Think it shows how toxic those groups are though, they seem to always end up turning on themselves. That said, I did find it very ironic the speech Claire gave about building up and supporting and caring about each other, considering I personally unfollowed her because I felt she was being quite nasty

If it was a fake profile how is she so dead certain about who it was? Jaysus they all sound like absolute melts.

They traced the IP

They traced the IP

Really? Haha

Apparently it's quite easy to do

She hasn't actually mentioned what was specifically said, right? I mean, considering I didn't even know the girl existed until an hour ago, I kinda get the jist of what is going on. But she's alluding to someone saying awful things about her family, when the comment could be as harmless as "stop snapping your kids, we ain't interested", but the way she's going on you'd swear someone threatened her or something. Drama drama drama. Either spit it out or move on. She has basically told her following who did it now so I guess they're all gonna pounce on that person now, and so the circle continues.

• Advertisement

Ive no idea but if it was tame it'd surely have had no need for a fake account

It is a bit bonkers alright the amount of stuff of her comImg back on snap! She didn't snap for what a day of hardly call that coming back 🙄

Apparently the girl Claire accused is after getting vile messages as a result She on Claire naming anyone without any proof .. this morning she said she wants everyone to move on after she caused endless threads with vile comments about the accused girl no apology or nothing her and jen Hatton need to publicly apologise

It's also pretty rich of her coming out now asking people to stop talking about it and discussing it on groups, when she's the one who loaded the cannon and fired it, and now expects everyone to not speak about it. If you didn't want this to happen maybe don't mention it in the first place. It's like common sense and logic are lost on these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Its all kicking off on the Galz Who Snap page. I'm following without contributing, can't believe the stuff some people post on it, I wouldn't want those types of comments tied to my real, personal facebook profile. Some people must live for the drama and have zero privacy concerns.

I'm on that page to and the mas who drink page, don't comment just read when I'm bored! But some of the stuff regarding this and just on general is mad!

Have to say, I think Claire looks terrible off the back of this.
    1) She hasn't actually said what was sent to her, so it could be terrible, or it could be a mild comment..
    2) If it's so terrible, and she's so sure who sent it, why not show everyone, rather than alluding to who it is?
    3) She is now asking that everyone move on, so IMO she knows it wasn't actually the person she had her followers target on her behalf, but isnt woman enough to say sorry, or admit she was wrong.
    4) Other snappers are wading into it, and again, nobody has any idea what was ever said or not said. 
    She is some woman to ask everyone to be kind, she's one of the most bitchy and passive aggressive snappers out there, and I actually am disgusted by the mob mentality from some women on these groups. They are wetting themselves over this, and the 'all hail Queen Claire' posts are beyond pathetic. I was reading some of the posts this morning in pure disbelief, I believe a lot of the accusatory comments have since been deleted... Claire should have mentioned it, and moved on, or shown the messages if she was going to make a big song and dance about it. A lot of people have shown their true colours off the back of this, and a lot of women have shown how cringe and easily led they are by believing anything she says. They are grown women and some are parents like!

Claire and jen Hatton have Made a show of themselves causing all that trouble and hateful comments with no proof .. I watched Jen's snaps and she made out like people made a big deal out of it and no one knows who it is Claire was only short of giving out that girls pps number..
    Claire's snaps about building women up and she publicly puts other women down all the time ...
    On that galz who snap another influencer who is snap chat famous for nothing wrote a post saying whoever is trolling Claire will get a kick in the *** I wouldn't. Even repeat it I'm mortified for her saying that she has a child I used to love ali before she did that starting more trouble just as it dies down ..
    I find it embarrassing the way these snapchatters carried on talking about tracing the person by their IP address like they work for the FBI lol
    Like kids in school following the ringleader .. pathetic
    I actually feel sorry for gossip girl getting outed with no proof ..

The mob mentality was scary, it reminds me of those old stories of mass hysteria! For Gods sake, is CB not big enough and bold enough to fight her own battles?? There must have been at least 20 posts on various FB groups about this. Jen and Ali had no need to insert themselves, talk about dying for attention! I will reiterate one more time, whatever was said in this message has not been confirmed by CB. I really hope she takes a look at herself after this, she set a pack of women looking for blood after one person, she knew exactly what she was doing. Now she's gone quiet as I am sure she knows she was wrong about who it was. Scarlet for her honestly.

• Advertisement

Ray37 wrote: »
    The mob mentality was scary, it reminds me of those old stories of mass hysteria! For Gods sake, is CB not big enough and bold enough to fight her own battles?? There must have been at least 20 posts on various FB groups about this. Jen and Ali had no need to insert themselves, talk about dying for attention! I will reiterate one more time, whatever was said in this message has not been confirmed by CB. I really hope she takes a look at herself after this, she set a pack of women looking for blood after one person, she knew exactly what she was doing. Now she's gone quiet as I am sure she knows she was wrong about who it was. Scarlet for her honestly.

That's was so bad she loaded the gun tells everyone to forget it says no more and leaves the others to defend themselves reall mean girls carry on she caused that girl so much grief with her accusations.
    She needs to apologise

Advertisement