Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who make bad cups of tae

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I can't make tea for anyone for anyone without giving them a thorough interrogation - do you want sugar? And, if so, how much? Milk? How much? Tea bag in for how long? Or leave it entirely? D'ya need a spoon? D'ya want a biscuit?

Everyone has their own very unique preferences when it comes to tea. You've got to try to get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭circadian

MysticMonk wrote: »
    Make sure the water is freshly boiled and spluttering when you pour it over the tea.
    Never reboil water after its cooled down in a kettle,it will make lousy tea. The hotter the water the better.
    If you want to make it in a pot,heat the pot on a low gas,dump in the tea then follow immediately with your boiling water. Put the lid on,turn the heat down as low as it will go for a minute or two,turn it off stir the tea then leave it to 'draw' for 4 minutes.

Never let tea boil or "stew" it will ruin the flavour.

This.

If the water isn't boiling and fresh then don't bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

My old pair bought a teapot last year. One of the fancy ones with a strainer built in. I headed down the sticks one weekend, and emerged for breakfast the next morning. The breakfast was sensational - pudding, sausages, and rashers from the local butcher. My mother makes her own brown bread - which I'd stopped complementing her on. It was the tea that I was raving about. Barry's loose leaf tea.

This was a mug of tea that I hadn't had in years. Proper tea, left to come to the top on a range. The drink of the Gods.

To surmise: take some time out, and make a proper pot of tea made with tea leaves. Enjoy. You deserve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

People who do things should be killed.

Advertisement