Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brand New-Olympia Theatre-16th November

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Kevin Device (touring member + the support act for Dublin gig) just tweeted that he's pulled out of the gigs so I'd say that's that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭rizzee

I agree with the atmosphere being bad if it does go ahead. I wouldn't want to sell my ticket to anyone knowing there's a huge chance of it being cancelled. Would rather a refund and be on my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Kevin Device (touring member + the support act for Dublin gig) just tweeted that he's pulled out of the gigs so I'd say that's that tbh.

The tweet half makes it sound like that BN are planning on still touring..

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Conorregan88

After missing them before, knowing that this is (probably) their last tour, and loving Science Fiction, I was excited about this one. All that changed, of course, after the initial allegation, and was hammered home by the nature of the apology. Not acknowledging the victim directly, or the fact she was 15, is awful form. I'll be selling my ticket/seeking a refund regardless, but they should cancel this gig out of respect for the victim, if nothing else.

After missing them before, knowing that this is (probably) their last tour, and loving Science Fiction, I was excited about this one. All that changed, of course, after the initial allegation, and was hammered home by the nature of the apology. Not acknowledging the victim directly, or the fact she was 15, is awful form. I'll be selling my ticket/seeking a refund regardless, but they should cancel this gig out of respect for the victim, if nothing else.

IF it does go ahead you haven’t a chance of getting a refund..

Shouldn’t go ahead though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Conorregan88

bennyl10 wrote: »
    IF it does go ahead you haven’t a chance of getting a refund..

Shouldn’t go ahead though!

Should have said if it's cancelled, I'll get a refund. Otherwise, will sell it on! My bad for not being clear. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Doubt it will go ahead, but am yet to see any further allegations.. seemingly just the Skype one as of yet..

Before statement this user guaranteed allegations were true...
    https://twitter.com/CassandraRules/status/929135107184713729
    https://twitter.com/CassandraRules/status/929136976971882496
    Girl (14 at time) one of top comments on statement put out
    https://www.facebook.com/BrandNew/posts/10155923794753023?comment_id=1890878744274180
    Girl (17 at time)
    https://notyourlivejournal.wordpress.com/

A snippet of what's out there, Statement is owning up anyways Kevin Spaceyesque, blaming an addiction rather than face up to the fact that the age of the girl it's inexcusable no matter how many times he cheated on his wife that's irrelevant these women should have been of age!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Sickening stuff, surely the death knell of the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Their reddit page is mental, so many people supporting him and stating it was ages ago, he is a changed person etc. Some people are crazy! Can't imagine the show will go ahead, I'd feel super weird if I was one of the ban members up on stage with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Gigs are "postponed", refunds available.

https://www.facebook.com/BrandNew/posts/10155926564003023

• Advertisement

Will give ticketmaster a shout later. Nothing online about refunds yet? Or is it automatic?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Wow, had just picked up tix off adverts last week and couldn't wait.

End of the band surely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

rizzee wrote: »
    Will give ticketmaster a shout later. Nothing online about refunds yet? Or is it automatic?

Automatic if you bought online or by phone, if bought at an outlet bring them back and refund is at POS

Automatic if you bought online or by phone, if bought at an outlet bring them back and refund is at POS

Yeah bought online, ill sit back and wait. cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Duff

Was so hyped for this having loved Science Fiction, and while what Jesse did is horrific and inexcusable, I don't think it will affect the connection I had with the band's music and the times it helped me through. What a horrible way for my once favourite band to burn out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

They were due to break up anyway? But what a way to go....

First album and the new one were/are decent too. Pity...

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Duff wrote: »
    Was so hyped for this having loved Science Fiction, and while what Jesse did is horrific and inexcusable, I don't think it will affect the connection I had with the band's music and the times it helped me through. What a horrible way for my once favourite band to burn out.

I'm in the same boat as yourself..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Can't see this going ahead. There'll be too much scrutiny on Jesse and there's lots more allegations swirling around now than just the one that started this.

Even if it goes ahead I'd say it'll be a bad atmosphere. Lots of people (including myself) are either trying to sell tix or just not bothering going altogether. And the band themselves are hardly going to be in the humour to play.
    I am shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello The A-Team, [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We wish we didn’t have to break it to you.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We have just been advised Brand New at Olympia Theater on November 16th has now been postponed.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What Now…[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A new date will be announced shortly. [/FONT]All tickets remain valid for the new date!
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you can't attend the new date and you would like a refund please see below -[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Booked online or over the phone: You will need to post your tickets back to the address below: [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ticketmaster, 2nd Floor, College Park House, Nassau St, Dublin 2.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you stopped into one of our Ticketmaster outlets to buy your tickets, you’ll need to swing by one more time with the tickets and the outlet staff will help you with your refund. [/FONT]
    Anything else you need to know?
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nobody likes it when events are postponed. It’s no fun for us, and it’s definitely no fun for you. Unfortunately, these things do happen.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That's all for now, but if anything else comes up we'll be in touch. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Best Wishes[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ticketmaster[/FONT][/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello The A-Team, [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We wish we didn’t have to break it to you.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We have just been advised Brand New at Olympia Theater on November 16th has now been postponed.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What Now…[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A new date will be announced shortly. [/FONT]All tickets remain valid for the new date!
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you can't attend the new date and you would like a refund please see below -[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Booked online or over the phone: You will need to post your tickets back to the address below: [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ticketmaster, 2nd Floor, College Park House, Nassau St, Dublin 2.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you stopped into one of our Ticketmaster outlets to buy your tickets, you’ll need to swing by one more time with the tickets and the outlet staff will help you with your refund. [/FONT]
    Anything else you need to know?
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nobody likes it when events are postponed. It’s no fun for us, and it’s definitely no fun for you. Unfortunately, these things do happen.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That's all for now, but if anything else comes up we'll be in touch. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Best Wishes[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ticketmaster[/FONT][/FONT]

I received the email and now I'm confused more so... I can't imagine there will be a new show scheduled... do we just wait it out or do we need to do anything do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Duff

I highly doubt it'll be re-arranged for a later date. I'm just going for a refund. This is the end for Brand New, I feel.

Ticketmaster saying it’ll be rearranged?...

Very strange...

Maybe they want this to blow over first?...

Not that it will..

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Very strange...

Not that it will..
    MCD don't want to let the cash down the swanny yet, so holding on to a thread of hope that it could be rescheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Very strange...

Not that it will..

Automated I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Very strange...

Not that it will..

doubt ticketmaster have any clue about what's going on.
    the dates have been postponed, and TM will have been told this, so they're going through the usual postponed gig procedure.

the people in TM probably have no idea about what has happened with Lacey, to them it's just another postponed gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Anthony Weiner is doing 21 months in jail for exactly this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Do they want me to post my 'print at home' tickets to them? Seems a bit unnecessary.

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Do they want me to post my 'print at home' tickets to them? Seems a bit unnecessary.

There a request refund section in customer care online, put in booking number and last few digits of card used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Before statement this user guaranteed allegations were true...
    https://twitter.com/CassandraRules/status/929135107184713729
    https://twitter.com/CassandraRules/status/929136976971882496
    Girl (14 at time) one of top comments on statement put out
    https://www.facebook.com/BrandNew/posts/10155923794753023?comment_id=1890878744274180
    Girl (17 at time)
    https://notyourlivejournal.wordpress.com/

A snippet of what's out there, Statement is owning up anyways Kevin Spaceyesque, blaming an addiction rather than face up to the fact that the age of the girl it's inexcusable no matter how many times he cheated on his wife that's irrelevant these women should have been of age!!

Lostprophets all over again??

• Advertisement

Got an email saying my money will be back in account 3 to 5 days.

Advertisement