Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brand New-Olympia Theatre-16th November

Options
  • 15-08-2017 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Brand New announced to play the Olympia on Thursday 16th November.
    tickets on sale Friday

I'll definitely be going. Saw them a few times and always put on a good show

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just got the notification and could not be happier , Missed them in Vicar St and then had to miss them last year supporting Biffy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭rizzee

Anyone know how much tickets are?

€36.50

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Duff

YES

€36.50

Thanks, will be onto ticketmaster Friday morning. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Just got the notification and could not be happier , Missed them in Vicar St and then had to miss them last year supporting Biffy

i saw them on both of those occasions and the vicar street show will live long in the memory. Minimal chat and just tore threw the set. Unreal show and will be hoping for the same again in November

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Had to sell my tickets two years go or whenever they were here last as it was on the same night as one of my first college classes (evening course)...

It's a college night again this year but I'll be damned if I miss it again, always regretted selling the tickets.

Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

2 tickets in the bag.

Did anyone buy the album yet? I bought the vinyl and thought I'd get a digital download too but didn't get an email?

Easy Rod wrote: »
    2 tickets in the bag.

Did anyone buy the album yet? I bought the vinyl and thought I'd get a digital download too but didn't get an email?

Fffccckkk didn't even know they released a new album. Jesus how did I miss that.. on my work lunch so i bought the digital version gonna give it a listen now.

sumsar wrote: »
    Fffccckkk didn't even know they released a new album. Jesus how did I miss that.. on my work lunch so i bought the digital version gonna give it a listen now.

It's meant to be amazing. Need to figure out how I can listen!

• Advertisement

Looks like no standing available?

Easy Rod wrote: »

It's meant to be amazing. Need to figure out how I can listen!

Absolute beast of an album, I know I'm excited about the fact there's a new album but it genuinely is brilliant.

Today has been quite a day for me.. randomly checking my emails and see an alert about the concert, excitement about that to then finding out there is also a new album, to getting goosebumps towards the end of the album.. think I'm gonna be on quite a high for the day.

Ps people on reddit were saying they received emails 24 hours after they bought the vinyl with a download link

Anyone get circles tickets instead of standing? Trying to decide whether to chance waiting around for standing or just get the circle

Rizzee I got circles tickets instead of standing..

By the way, i thought standing was shown as available when i was purchasing.. I know I had to change from standing to circle at least..

By the way, i thought standing was shown as available when i was purchasing.. I know I had to change from standing to circle at least..

Thanks... I ended up going with Circle just to have the tickets, row H right in the middle so happy with that, view-wise, hopefully!!

Haven't been to Olympia in years and last time t was standing so i hope seats are OK.

rizzee wrote: »

Thanks... I ended up going with Circle just to have the tickets, row H right in the middle so happy with that, view-wise, hopefully!!

Haven't been to Olympia in years and last time t was standing so i hope seats are OK.

Lucky you, got F to the left, kept trying a few times to try get somewhere more central but it was giving me either left or right ha. Ah well, I'll take it.

I've had seating In the olympia a few times, it's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Duff

New album is superb. If this gig is half as good as their last in Vicar Street I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Picked up tickets there, sitting but they're been on the bucket list for years so very excited..

That new album is stunning too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Unsavory stories concerning their frontman circulating about.

Unsavory stories concerning their frontman circulating about.

Not good stories at all..

Doubt they’ll be touring tbh..
    Not that that’s the important bit but still

• Advertisement

Only accusations of course but as we've seen from Hollywood recently will likely dent public perception without conviction.

Any statements released?

This is a pretty tough one to take but I believe the stories.

Can't in good conscience go to the gig anymore so I'm going to sell my tickets.

Whats going on ? Didnt hear anything about whats going with the accusations

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

What is the substance to these allegations. Is there evidence or just someone saying stuff?

You can't hang a man on that alone, surely?

Whats going on ? Didnt hear anything about whats going with the accusations

A former guitar tech for them (And also Sum 41,GnR etc) Brian Diaz posted on Facebook bout recent goings on how bout Jesse Lacey? to which a female responded that he had solicitated nudes etc when she was 15.

Guy obviously either had some insider knowledge given his position or there is a dislike stemming from somewhere.Either way the allegations posted by the woman are pretty damning.

One she describes him having her watch him jerk off over Skype but however odd that is people have pointed out Skype wasn't a thing in the timeline suggested as in she couldn't be deemed a minor when it was but perhaps this bears no relevance if such goings on preceeded at the age given.

There hasn't been a statement from the band yet but a support act in UK run have pulled themselves from their shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

From the official Facebook page.
    In an effort to address recent events and the public conversation currently happening, I feel it is important to make a clear and personal statement.

The actions of my past have caused pain and harm to a number of people, and I want to say that I am absolutely sorry. I do not stand in defense of myself nor do I forgive myself. I was selfish, narcissistic, and insensitive in my past, and there are a number of people who have had to shoulder the burden of my failures. I apologize for the hurt I have caused, and hope to be able to take the correct actions to earn forgiveness and trust.

Early on in my life, I developed a dependent and addictive relationship with sex. I was scared of it, ashamed, and unwilling or unable to admit it, and so it grew into a consistent and terrible problem. Years ago, after admitting my habits and cheating to my then soon to be wife, I began to approach my problem in a serious way. I entered professional treatment, both in group therapy and individual counseling, and revealed the realities of what a terrible place I had gotten to in my life, and what a terrible impact my actions had on people.

Lust, sex, love, and arousal were coping tools for me, and I returned to them repeatedly. I detached my own feelings and emotions from most of my sexual interactions. I hid, or lied about my behavior to escape reproach. I was a habitual cheater. I have been unfaithful in many, if not most of my relationships, including the relationship with my wife, who has with all of her might, patience, and grace, tried to hold our marriage together, despite having to endure the pain of the revelations of my past. It is heart wrenching that the most important changes in my life have come at the expense of others.

I am sorry for how I have hurt people, mistreated them, lied, and cheated. I am sorry for ignoring the way in which my position, status, and power as a member of a band affected the way people viewed me or their approach to their interactions with me. And I am sorry for how often I have not afforded women the respect, support, or honesty that they deserved, and which is their right. I believe in the equality and autonomy of all, but in my life I have been more of a detriment to these ideals than an advocate.

I am working to shed all my narcissism and my self obsession, and to be better. In sobriety I have changed my life and my mind in real and important ways. I have also revealed the truth of my behaviors to myself and to others. I do not have words to express the patience and help my wife has offered me. I love my family with an intensity and realness that I have never felt before, and as a husband and a father I have been granted the opportunity to wake up each day with the intent to serve my family and the people around me, and to feel, for the first time that I have purpose.

The fact remains that none of us get to put a wall up between who we are and who we were. I need to earn forgiveness. Concepts like repentance, compassion, and love, are made real through actions, and it’s through my actions that I need to prove change. I hope I can show humility, and that the pain I have caused people can heal. I am not above reproach, and no one should be.

Jesse Lacey

To not even address the situation is an absolute disgrace. Reads as a long "woe is me" exercise.

Doubt they'll be touring at this stage.

Keeping an eye on the Facebook event page, no update yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Can't see this going ahead. There'll be too much scrutiny on Jesse and there's lots more allegations swirling around now than just the one that started this.

Even if it goes ahead I'd say it'll be a bad atmosphere. Lots of people (including myself) are either trying to sell tix or just not bothering going altogether. And the band themselves are hardly going to be in the humour to play.

• Advertisement

Can't see this going ahead. There'll be too much scrutiny on Jesse and there's lots more allegations swirling around now than just the one that started this.

Even if it goes ahead I'd say it'll be a bad atmosphere. Lots of people (including myself) are either trying to sell tix or just not bothering going altogether. And the band themselves are hardly going to be in the humour to play.

Doubt it will go ahead, but am yet to see any further allegations.. seemingly just the Skype one as of yet..

If it goes ahead it’ll be a really strange atmosphere though..

cant see it at all

Advertisement