Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Aug 17) NEW Interdepartmental HEO comp (Serving civil servants only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

The official department announcements may have been made for customers planning on visiting the offices.

In my experience, local management usually make the call. Each office has to have a health and safety officer (PO?) who would make the call. News like this spreads quickly from line managers to staff.

This is the first time in my career that we have been told to stay at home. Not even the snow of 2010 forced a closure.

I know it's not on topic for the thread but I suppose it might let future managers know that they may sometimes have to pass on news like this on a Sunday night! A couple of times in your career perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Stickmam

PAS have announced all tests and interviews tomorrow are cancelled - people will be contacted to reschedule. I was due in for 12 tomorrow for Stage 2 so good to hear this early that it's postponed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

Stickmam wrote:
    PAS have announced all tests and interviews tomorrow are cancelled - people will be contacted to reschedule. I was due in for 12 tomorrow for Stage 2 so good to hear this early that it's postponed.

I was due in at 9am so fully agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Have those due in today heard when they will be rescheduled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 paul 27

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    Have those due in today heard when they will be rescheduled?

You have the choice of Thursday or Friday at your given time

Did PAS say when the results of the supervised tests would be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cicimc

Stickmam wrote: »

They said by the end of the month.

Cheers - not too long to wait so.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

cicimc wrote: »
    Stickmam wrote: »

They said by the end of the month.
    There might be a little delay as the tests went on two days longer than scheduled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

Any idea of how many HEO's were promoted from the last panel?

eimaj18 wrote: »
    There might be a little delay as the tests went on two days longer than scheduled.

They were still saying end of October at the tests today so here's hoping. AFAIR, interviews were due to start from the 13th November so they will want to get the results out in enough time to allow people prepare properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

They said end of October yesterday.

It is possible that you may only get word Friday of an Interview on Monday if the results are delayed which may be the case with the Storm. It happened to a work mate of mine on the EO 2 years ago. It sucks but it can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sinorita

Results out this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bubbles75

fingers crossed.. probably another 5 o'clock Fridays evening job..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭love_love

Has anyone asked PAS about the numbers they expect to call forward to interview in the first batch?

What are the chances of results before the weekend? I think it could be next Tuesday or Wednesday before we hear anything (not based on anything other than gut feeling).

Stickmam wrote:
    What are the chances of results before the weekend? I think it could be next Tuesday or Wednesday before we hear anything (not based on anything other than gut feeling).

I contacted them today and they said they are hoping to have the results out by the end of this week.

Bubbles75 wrote:
    fingers crossed.. probably another 5 o'clock Fridays evening job..

Looks like you could be right!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

sinorita wrote: »
    Looks like you could be right!! :)

They're out! Just got mine. I'm still in the running and improved my placing a little!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

Results in. Fell back 50 places to 205 a little disappointed by that. Didnt put Dublin down so now we wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Very different process to last competition.
    How will candidates be shortlisted?
    Based on their application forms?
    Was this stage mentioned in the initial application phase?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I got 499. Happy with that considering I didnt make the cut last time. I presume they will get to me at some stage in 2018 :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paul 27

Fell back 220 places gutted , now outside the top 400

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

paul 27 wrote: »
    Fell back 220 places gutted , now outside the top 400

You will get called in the next round though surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 GKE

I just have a query in relation to interviews. I can see that candidates that have chosen Dublin will be interviewed first and then the regional candidates. I have chosen Dublin and a regional place so does this mean I will have two separate interviews? One for Dublin and then another later in the year for Regional preference?

Or if I attend the Dublin Interview does this mean I am off the list for regional?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I dropped almost double to 1071

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

Just got mine. Moved up 100 places :) Was chuffed until I realised they changed the process and will be shortlisting :(

Wasn't happy with my application so don't think I'll pass it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

I jumped up 122 places so well happy with that. Chose Dublin as my first option.

• Advertisement

Catuohy89 wrote:
    Just got mine. Moved up 100 places Was chuffed until I realised they changed the process and will be shortlisting
    That's very unfair to change the process. They never mentioned that at the start.

Advertisement