Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletes' attire.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭political analyst

Are you sure you're a political analyst:rolleyes:

I don't know, maybe as I get older my libido is failing me - but I can usually make it through most track and field events without the need for a cold shower. Sometimes even when Jessica Ennis is running!

These women are athletes - they worked damn hard to get those bodies and besides that, they may not even want to wear snorkel jackets while competing in the 5000m steeplechase

"Political analyst" is just my username for boards.ie!

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Isn't a singlet a one-piece garment that is the combination of a vest and shorts?

Actually, I didn't know that those female athletes who don't want to show their abdomens in public wear sports bras under their singlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Allinall

Isn't a singlet a one-piece garment that is the combination of a vest and shorts?

That's dungarees you're thinking of, OP.

Not suitable for athletic activities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A singlet is just another name for a vest. What you're calling a sports vest is the same thing as a singlet. Now that we've established that can somebody please close this thread. It's possibly the single most ludicrous thread I've ever seen in all my time on Boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Zaph wrote: »
    A singlet is just another name for a vest. What you're calling a sports vest is the same thing as a singlet. Now that we've established that can somebody please close this thread. It's possibly the single most ludicrous thread I've ever seen in all my time on Boards.

When i see singlet i think weightlifting singlet. Had to google to see it as a vest alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

In the context of running or track and field a singlet is a sleeveless shirt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    In the context of running or track and field a singlet is a sleeveless shirt.

Yeah seeing that now. TIL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Cathy Freeman wore a full body skin suit to win gold in the sydney olympics but I think they've been banned as they don't seem to be a thing since then.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »

Yes, alright, I get the point!

I wouldn't have become confused if people, instead of calling it a "singlet" (not a word that is familiar to me) just called it a vest!

I understand you think it's ludicrous - but isn't that what After Hours is for?!

Allinall wrote: »
    That's dungarees you're thinking of, OP.

Not suitable for athletic activities.

I wasn't thinking of dungarees - they reach down as far as the heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Omackeral wrote: »
    Here's my answer to the question, whatever it was...
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-10025-1342713765-7.gif
    I'd like to offer you my most sincere thanks for bringing this to my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

Omackeral wrote: »
    Here's my answer to the question, whatever it was...
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-10025-1342713765-7.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

Well you gotta strap the boobies down with a sports bra, do you really wanna chance giving yourself a black eye? Haha

No seriously running with out a sports bra is painful and I doubt they want an extra layer of heat going on.

Also personal choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Female athletes wearing vests or singlets are not all Muslims in burkas:

fionnuala-britton.jpg

It's entirely up to the individual.

Advertisement