Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go-Ahead Dublin City Routes - Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

john boye wrote: »
    What I don't get is how they're allowed operate buses with only one company logo on the whole vehicle?

Because the nta only wants it on its side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭john boye

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Nothing illegal or not allowed about it. Only requirement is legal lettering operators name and address in small print.

Fair enough, I didn't realise that. It does look a little amateurish though (on the offside especially). And I say that as someone who is in no way anti-tendering/GAI.

Thinking about it I wonder if the one logo format is the official layout and DB will have to adhere to it as well if they start using the NTA livery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Fair enough, I didn't realise that. It does look a little amateurish though (on the offside especially). And I say that as someone who is in no way anti-tendering/GAI.

Thinking about it I wonder if the one logo format is the official layout and DB will have to adhere to it as well if they start using the NTA livery.

The orginal plan was for the branding to be in a generic font decided by the NTA in English and Irish with the operators name. Think plain packaging cigarette packets. They then changed this to allow operators use their logos. I'm not sure why they changed it but it wouldn't surprise me if it was to get DB on board with the idea of a common livery. I think the idea is to create it's a TFI/NTA bus first and foremost and it's a GAI or DB bus secondily.

Worse though I have noticed a good few GAI buses with TFI logos missing wither at the front or the back. I have seen pictures of the buses for BE in Waterford and the BE logo looks awful on the TFI livery as it has a big white box around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭john boye

The orginal plan was for the branding to be in a generic font decided by the NTA in English and Irish with the operators name. Think plain packaging cigarette packets. They then changed this to allow operators use their logos. I'm not sure why they changed it but it wouldn't surprise me if it was to get DB on board with the idea of a common livery. I think the idea is to create it's a TFI/NTA bus first and foremost and it's a GAI or DB bus secondily.

Worse though I have noticed a good few GAI buses with TFI logos missing wither at the front or the back. I have seen pictures of the buses for BE in Waterford and the BE logo looks awful on the TFI livery as it has a big white box around it.

Yeah it doesn't look great but the green BE logo and the red setter probably wouldn't look great against the blue either.

Yeah it doesn't look great but the green BE logo and the red setter probably wouldn't look great against the blue either.

Agreed what should have been done is just have the BE logo including the red setter in white like the way the Go-Ahead appears in all white without colour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Agreed what should have been done is just have the BE logo including the red setter in white like the way the Go-Ahead appears in all white without colour.

BE preferred to have their logo in full colour and what you see is the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Qrt

devnull wrote: »
    BE preferred to have their logo in full colour and what you see is the result.

Is there any photographs of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

New 33/a and 33b timetables have now been published.

pdf download links

https://www.transportforireland.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/TFI-Go-Ahead-Route-3333a-Timetable-December-2018.pdf

https://www.transportforireland.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/TFI-Go-Ahead-Route-33b-Timetable-December-2018.pdf

I wonder will Dublin bus put the 33/a timetable on the website or their own version?

Just to add theres a 00:30hrs 33A from Dublin Airport, monday to saturday. Nice for some!

Qrt wrote: »
    Is there any photographs of this?

They can be seen in this video. BE in Waterford also got a number of shorter single deckers of the same length as the DB WS class as it appears in this video. Go-Ahead should have got some aswell for the 59. I don't understand why the 44b wasn't tendered also this would have allowed DB to have a fleet of all double deckers and GAI could use the shorter single deckers on routes 44b, 59 and 161.

https://youtu.be/ZfnDMN3qCWY

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

thomasj wrote: »
    New 33/a and 33b timetables have now been published.

pdf download links

https://www.transportforireland.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/TFI-Go-Ahead-Route-3333a-Timetable-December-2018.pdf

https://www.transportforireland.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/TFI-Go-Ahead-Route-33b-Timetable-December-2018.pdf

I wonder will Dublin bus put the 33/a timetable on the website or their own version?

Just to add theres a 00:30hrs 33A from Dublin Airport, monday to saturday. Nice for some!

Go Ahead timetables don't appear on the Dublin Bus website.

• Advertisement

Go Ahead timetables don't appear on the Dublin Bus website.

But it's not a go ahead timetable ?

It's an NTA timetable that combines the 33 and 33A departures.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

The 33a doesn't go to the airport at all currently, so this is a massive improvement for many people who will get a new bus service to Dublin Airport that currently do not have a Dublin Bus service to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

But it's not a go ahead timetable ?

It's an NTA timetable that combines the 33 and 33A departures.

The 33A/B timetable page on DB's website has a note in red letters stating that the routes will move to GAI. Also, a link on the DB news page directs you onto TFI's page for information and not GAI's page. Make what you will of that.

devnull wrote: »
    The 33a doesn't go to the airport at all currently, so this is a massive improvement for many people who will get a new bus service to Dublin Airport that currently do not have a Dublin Bus service to the airport.

Think this has been in the pipeline for a while now since the tendering process was first announced. However the BC route only runs from Swords to Skerries/Balbriggan so perhaps this should be changed to extend to the Airport.

It's a big improvement in service for those living in North of Swords going from an hourly 33 and a daytime only 33a to a half hourly frequency between Skerries and Swords with hourly connections to the city centre and the Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

A couple of times over the last few weeks I've seen 2 of the GAI training buses out in Islandbridge on the Chapelizod/Conyngham Roads.

Is it general training or anything to do with the 76?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

A couple of times over the last few weeks I've seen 2 of the GAI training buses out in Islandbridge on the Chapelizod/Conyngham Roads.

Is it general training or anything to do with the 76?

Red double deckers with L plates? Training buses en route to Finglas, probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They have a few they are all over the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Looking at the proposed timetable for the 17a, it actually looks like a reduction in service at peak hours.

https://www.transportforireland.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/TFI-Go-Ahead-Route-17a-Timetable-December-2018.pdf

For example, at the moment there is a bus at 07:35, 07:45, 07:55, 08:05 and 08:15 from Kilbarrack. The new timetable shows "Every 15mins" over the same period.

Just the navy and the red single deckers

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

No they have ex UK double decks also, 2003 wrapped gai and red 2003 and 2006 singles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Those (and the red double-deckers) are just for learners. Any bus used for route-learning is in the standard blue/yellow NTA livery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

Looking at the proposed timetable for the 17a, it actually looks like a reduction in service at peak hours.

https://www.transportforireland.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/TFI-Go-Ahead-Route-17a-Timetable-December-2018.pdf

For example, at the moment there is a bus at 07:35, 07:45, 07:55, 08:05 and 08:15 from Kilbarrack. The new timetable shows "Every 15mins" over the same period.

Wow, unbelievable that they’re reducing it. 10 minute buses leaving Kilbarrack in the morning are full by the time they reach Coolock. Yet a reduction from every 10 mins to 15/20.

Also, all buses to go via Beaumont, even the late night ones for some reason. An oversight or the actual plan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

These guys at the NTA know what there doing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

Probably Dublin Bus’ fault for running too many buses that passengers use!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Someone on boards told me they are experts.

So you are correct.

Probably got it mixed up with the 17! :D

Probably got it mixed up with the 17! :D

Will never understand why the 17a is numbered 17a when it has no connection with the 17 in fact the two routes serve completely different areas of the city.

No they have ex UK double decks also, 2003 wrapped gai and red 2003 and 2006 singles.

What are you saying no about?

I know what I saw going down Conyngham road.

I just thought it was odd for them to be there.

Those (and the red double-deckers) are just for learners. Any bus used for route-learning is in the standard blue/yellow NTA livery.

Aye. Just odd where I keep seeing them.

• Advertisement

Will never understand why the 17a is numbered 17a when it has no connection with the 17 in fact the two routes serve completely different areas of the city.

There was a post about this over on the Throwback Thursday thread. Same sort of nonsense with the old 51s.

Advertisement