Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA League 1 2017/18

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Highest I can finish is 8th and even that is unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Best scenario 7th. Worse scenario 13th. Flip flops out. I’m in the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

I feel a bit like Southampton. Not mathematically safe but should be OK even with a defeat unless there's a massive points swing. Just keen to wrap up an unremarkable season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I feel like Leeds United just cant get out of this league

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

What's that you say?

Oh it's just the small matter of GETTING OUT OF THE GOD DAMN BLOODY RELEGATION ZONE (on points difference :o ) INNIT!!

Win and I'm safe.

There's no way I'd ever screw things up royaly from here is there? Ahem!

*the great escape music plays in the background quietly and slowly getting louder*
    Well done.

Down to 4th after our game. Best case scenario I can grab second spot (not very realistic though), worse case I'll be down to 6th.

Also playing for highest ever finish (need to beat 3,567). Currently on 2,679. Pressure's on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Andy Robertson and that last minute Jesus goal ruining McCarthy's clean sheet has finished off a valiant effort against a Bench Boost. Not sure quite how close it'll end up being with bonus but it'd take a miracle or a bad miscount on my behalf.

You have broken my heart Manual Man. You have broken my heart!

Well played, all the same though!

Congrats to whoever stays up, it was great fun battling out over the last month or so :)

Hopefully my good friend default will do me a favour now, League 1 is my spiritual home :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Andy Robertson and that last minute Jesus goal ruining McCarthy's clean sheet has finished off a valiant effort against a Bench Boost. Not sure quite how close it'll end up being with bonus but it'd take a miracle or a bad miscount on my behalf.

You have broken my heart Manual Man. You have broken my heart!

Well played, all the same though!

Congrats to whoever stays up, it was great fun battling out over the last month or so :)

Hopefully my good friend default will do me a favour now, League 1 is my spiritual home :o

A few things went against you late on! Son coming on late as well. Valiant attempt!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭The Neon Knight

[QUOTE playing The Neon Knight in the last game who played B.B. and got 1 point from it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that reminder. 😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Think I'll finish 9th so won't be going anywhere id guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Finished 7th in the end. Tough tough league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Grabbed third in the end. Don't think I was that high all season until the final day. Should be good enough for a promotion. Great standard in this league.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

This is without a doubt the most competitive league 6pts between 3rd to 11th.

11th here

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Neoulous wrote: »
    Well done.

Down to 4th after our game. Best case scenario I can grab second spot (not very realistic though), worse case I'll be down to 6th.

Also playing for highest ever finish (need to beat 3,567). Currently on 2,679. Pressure's on...
    So. Despite a moderate red arrow I managed to reach my best ever finish, 2,790 :).

But lost again against a super-performing team (Robertson & PVA conspiring against my TAA & Tomkins :pac:). So lost the 2 last games against the best performing team of the GW and as a result dropped from 3rd to 5th. Missing out on the promotion spots is a big disappointment after spending a good part of the season in them.
    kilburn wrote: »
    This is without a doubt the most competitive league 6pts between 3rd to 11th.

11th here
    Agreed. And that makes my final OR (3rd best in this league IIRC) even more proudful :D.
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Grabbed third in the end. Don't think I was that high all season until the final day. Should be good enough for a promotion. Great standard in this league.
    Can't say I haven't raged over your 36 pts def combo but well done and good luck in the Championship!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

kilburn wrote: »
    This is without a doubt the most competitive league 6pts between 3rd to 12th*.

11th here

f.y.p.

10th for me. A mere 6pts behind 3rd (like yourself) but that's how it is. H2H requires a fair chunk of luck. The 2nd highest points-scoring team in the league only managed to finish 15th!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Final Table in case it is needed at a later date.

OnQS2tR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Was going to do that but in other leagues they've gone and taken out real names and I was like well f that way too much effort :pac:

I have no problem my name being up there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Congrats to Steven81 on winning this year, and T-bon3 and Mr. Guappa on following up to the Championship in 2nd and 3rd.

2 points of note for next year
    1) If anyone doesn't have an interest in carrying on in this next year, let me know now as it is easier for me to pass the spots down now rather than having tonnes of spot to fill after the deadline.
    2) If anyone knows of any potential to bring sponsorship prize money in, that would be great, as I definitely felt that the league was at it's most exciting when people had a cash prize to go with the status symbol. The only restriction I would have on this is that any prize breakdown would have to go from the top down, regardless of who brings in the sponsorship. It clearly doesn't make sense to have 100 euro prize for League 2, and nothing for the Premier League.

The 20 teams who've qualified for the League 1 next year are below:
    $hifty
    lassyk
    Christy Browne
    jimmii
    Neolous
    ElTel
    remoteboy
    P.Walnuts
    km79
    manual_man
    kilburn
    patmac
    Copper_pipe
    MonkstownHoop
    the incredible pudding
    MrSkinny
    The Neon Knight
    Tony_Montana
    stephenl15
    Ginger Ninja

Congrats to the 3 who've been promoted up. The next in line to go up if spaces arise are: ScummyMan, deadlineday, jay0109, Mr.Prodston, klopparama, finnharpsboy

Advertisement