Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Lefthander's Day!

Options
  • 13-08-2017 4:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭

Happy international left-handers day to all my fellow southpaws!

Never mind those inferior righties who tried to subdue us and keep us down with their useless tools that didn't work properly and associating all things left with evil!

Are you left-handed? 62 votes

Yes! Hurray!
    0%
    No, I'm a conformist bland right-hander
    100%
    _Kaiser_glynfbennycjackofalltradesCrowdedHouseSparkoKurtosisJesus WeptBlazermatthew8clevtrevDon't Chute!jackhammerlongshanksDarth Melkorchris1970cwboycbreezeRawrLizT 62 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

screen-shot-2011-07-30-at-8-54-11-pm.png

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Why does everybody think of Ned Flanders Leftorium when they think of left handed people?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Why does everybody think of Ned Flanders Leftorium when they think of left handed people?

If you despise polite left-handers, then I'll doubt you like Ned Flanders.

Tbf, I think of Simpsons characters and episodes when thinking of pretty much anything.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Left-handed freaks. Yuck!
    It's disgusting. Downright unnatural. Sickens me to my stomach.

You mutants should be rounded up and shot!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

God be with the days when the Christian brothers beat the left handedness out of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

judeboy101 wrote: »
    God be with the days when the Christian brothers beat the left handedness out of people.

The Devil is associated with the left. An Ancient Christian and Jewish belief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

It's more than that.

In various ancient and some modern cultures, the left hand is associated with hygiene and defecation. The right hand was the hand of eating and social interaction. Same beliefs still held in Islamic counties and India, Nepal and Ghana.

On Christianity, Jesus sits on the right of God while the angel Gabriel is seen as one of the angel of death on the left side. In Protestant countries, Catholics were known as 'left footers'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Another leftie here! It's a right-handed person's world, scissors, gel pens, vegetable peelers, can openers, the discrimination goes on! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Also in Latin : The word for left is Sinister :o
    And doesn't ciotóg mean awkward ?

Us poor lefties we're really disliked ;)

By the way I had a left handed scissors once and it was the bees knees ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Another leftie here! It's a right-handed person's world, scissors, gel pens, vegetable peelers, can openers, the discrimination goes on! :p

It was said to me that left handed people are more intelligent and artistic but die younger........ :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

I didn't know we get a day. I'm gonna make sure the hubbie lavishes me with alcohol and pub grub later!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Don't forget the nuns also. It was because using your left hand was associated with wiping your arse and we were somehow in cahoots with the devil, that was their reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

It was said to me that left handed people are more intelligent and artistic but die younger........ :pac::pac:

It's the price we pay for our superiority :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Also we are much more evil apparently .
    Anyone got a shovel and some quicklime I could borrow.

Happy Lefthanders Day.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Another leftie. Great having a way to get someone else to cut things with scissors for me.
    Also we are much more evil apparently .
    Your nickname won't do much to change that notion :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭la ultima guagua

IIRC Jane Austen was a south paw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Karmella wrote: »
    Also in Latin : The word for left is Sinister :o
    And doesn't ciotóg mean awkward ?

Us poor lefties we're really disliked ;)

By the way I had a left handed scissors once and it was the bees knees ....

it is labeled R (for Rectus, Latin for right), if it decreases in counterclockwise direction, it is S (for Sinister, Latin for left).[6]

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sminkypinky

Indeed - the word 'Sinister' comes from the Italian word for left 'Sinistra'. This is because it was thought that left-handed people were in league with the Devil.

My father is a left-hander and has terrible handwriting, this is a result of the Bros forcing him to write with his right hand.
    I inherited my left-handedness from him.

She boxed the head the head off Emily bronte for the world heavyweight championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Allinall

I had an Austin Allegro, but it was right hand drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Indeed - the word 'Sinister' comes from the Italian word for left 'Sinistra'. This is because it was thought that left-handed people were in league with the Devil.

My father is a left-hander and has terrible handwriting, this is a result of the Bros forcing him to write with his right hand.
    I inherited my left-handedness from him.

I spent my whole time in secondary school with the bros getting beaten for being a leftie.

There's one or two of them "christians" out there who must be in their 80's now. I'd like to show them what I can do with my left hand now that I'd have the same physical advantage over them that they had over me at the time.

I'm not bitter or anything...:D

Happy Lefties Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Both Mrs Subacio and I are left handed, but have 3 kids, all of whom are right handed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Subacio wrote: »
    Both Mrs Subacio and I are left handed, but have 3 kids, all of whom are right handed.

Sometimes evil skips a generation ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

What hand does the postman use?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭munster87

Lefthander, he was French yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

Actually I'm very ambidextrous. I can play guitar, drink pints and even play snooker with my right hand but I save all the torture and killing for my left hand.

Sometimes evil skips a generation ;P

Maybe two wrongs do make a right.

Is be having a word with Mrs Subacio if I was you.

• Advertisement

Is be having a word with Mrs Subacio if I was you.

Advertisement