Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Murphys Or Beamish

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Tis funny how annoyed some people get at the thought of a different beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Beamish, although it's been years since I had one. I'll be in Ireland next week. Any recommendations for new stouts?

What part of the world will you be in?

If Dublin head into the Porterhouse and try one each of their three stouts. I prefer Wrasslers myself but the Oyster Stout and Plain are both very good too.

If you're in Cork find yourself a pint of Rising Son's Mi Dazza.

• Advertisement

If I have to have one of the three listed it would be Murphy's followed by Beamish. Guinness is definitely overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Patww79 wrote: »
    There's a whole forum for your different beer where you can pour your own brand of derision to your hearts content. This one asked about 3 brands.

Listen to Patww79 everyone and stick to his rules :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

There is more than 3 beers in the world. I drink any of the 3 when there aren't others on offer that I prefer. That's actually in most pubs. People who only like the mainstream beers get strangely defensive about them. It's as if everyone has shares in the main breweries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Cool. Still don't know why you're getting so worked up. Have a Guinness.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

There's a whole forum for your different beer where you can pour your own brand of derision to your hearts content. This one asked about 3 brands.

The one in which you've already irritated everybody to death with endless variations of your tedious Beard-Snob-Beer comedy riff?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,054 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

None of the above. Dont like stout at all. Never have.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Leave the chip on the shoulder at the door bud.;) Dublin might do better stout but that's the only thing it does better than Cork.;)

Edit:Oh right your from Tipp.Still sour after last Sunday and Cork beating you earlier in the summer?

Not sour at all after it. It was a great game and I thought Galway deserved to edge it.

I'm only slagging you about Cork, I'm actually rather fond of the place, just not their stout. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I hate stout but my Murphy's drinking friend swears by Fennessys in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I prefer Murphys but it's very hard to find back home in the west. Oddly, it's available in Colombia but Guinness is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Cork man here. Guinness drinker. I like the odd craft beer or stout but that's not feasible when you head down to the local for a few. Choice is as per the poll. 6 Guinness please. Murphy's is too sweet, Beamish I just can't take to. Guinness in the diamond bar is consistently gorgeous. So Guinness for me.

Guinness > Beamish > Murphy's.

Guinness has that lovely creaminess, Beamish has a kind of smoky, almost burnt taste that's hard to describe but makes it a bit more distinctive.
    Murphys is a little blander than the other two, but still a nice drink.
    Leann Foll is lovely, it definitely has more hints of chocolate and coffee than other stouts.

Damn, I really want a stout now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

In cans I like beamish but in the pub its guinness for me every time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Pint of Beamish with a Guinness head.
    And a dash of blackcurrent. On the
    Rocks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Of the three mentioned.. I prefer Murphys.
    I do love a good craft stout though.. Lean foillin is beautiful.

Advertisement