Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

satstheway wrote: »
    Tried a quick test flight and record.

Put the card in laptop but it will mot recognise the file. What program do I need to view or edit.
    Any links to the software.

Is the sd card OK? If you take the card out before shutting down the drone itself, it'll be a corrupted file. As a test, you could set it right for flight, and just record a few seconds on the ground, and turn off everything, and try it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ltec

How do you put a photograph or video on this. There's nowhere to click for an attachment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

ltec wrote: »
    How do you put a photograph or video on this. There's nowhere to click for an attachment.

Do you have to upload it onto youtube first?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Anyone got idea if i could get a drone for like €100 which is good enough to take nice pictures?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Anyone got idea if i could get a drone for like €100 which is good enough to take nice pictures?

Not locally. For decent photos you need to be spending at least 150euro and that would be something from Asia.
    Charlie19 wrote:
    Do you have to upload it onto youtube first?

Not sure what you mean, would you like to edit the video?

• Advertisement

Can you please suggest any specific models in that price range?
    I saw drones with cam for 100e on amazon, with altitude hold feature. But not sure how good they are.
    tedpan wrote: »
    Not locally. For decent photos you need to be spending at least 150euro and that would be something from Asia.

Can you please suggest any specific models in that price range?

You have the hubsan h501s which is an excellent flyer for around 175euro. No moving camera gimbal but records in 1080p and takes good photos with a 16-20 minute battery.

https://m.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_264426.html?vip=2714284&gclid=CjwKCAiA9rjRBRAeEiwA2SV4Za6T6tneZzFoBd94PRgZGfUQd0_4A58UdsKKMQw6aZvyOqfOo-n3jxoCfHsQAvD_BwE

There's this for around 100euro

https://m.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_330808.html

Slightly lower quality and a smaller drone but flies nice and will take similar photos to the 501

I've had hubsan in the past, they are solid machines and are good enough on a budget. I'd also recommend picking up extra batteries for around 20euro. Shop around as they may have better deals from other Asian sellers.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Getting a little anxious on my order now, ordered 18th NOV, hoping for it to arrive before xmas. Last tracking info on faryaa:

2017-11-30 10:50:13 Parcel in HongKong Sorting Centre, Waiting for flights
    2017-11-29 13:55:38 Parcel departure in Shenzhen Sorting Centre

Anyone know if status gets updated when leaving Hong Kong, or is it more likely when in lands? If its still in HK not very hopeful of seeing it anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You won't be getting that for Christmas in afraid. Ordered about a month too late I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

RossieMan wrote: »
    You won't be getting that for Christmas in afraid. Ordered about a month too late I'd say.

Judging by comments by other posters on this thread average seems to be 2-5 weeks. I left for 25 working days, 5 weeks to arrive. Gearbest says shipping takes 10-20 working days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Hmm hwo long does battery last for you guys? Any videos? I'm tempted!

Julez wrote:
    Anyone know if status gets updated when leaving Hong Kong, or is it more likely when in lands? If its still in HK not very hopeful of seeing it anytime soon.

I'd say you're fine, you'll probably have some tracking visibility by the end of the week and then delivery soon after that..
    MarkY91 wrote:

18-22 minutes is the average depending on speed and weather conditions. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Julez wrote:

I'd say you're fine, you'll probably have some tracking visibility by the end of the week and then delivery soon after that..
    MarkY91 wrote:

18-22 minutes is the average depending on speed and weather conditions. :)

And how long does battery take to charge? I would assume most people have ordered some spare batteries to keep them going when out and about?

I'm so tempted but my last buy like this was the go pro hero 6 which I sold after travelling as I had no reason to own one in Ireland

Forgot to say, there are a few YouTube video uploads in the thread if you want to see footage and photos

MarkY91 wrote:
    And how long does battery take to charge? I would assume most people have ordered some spare batteries to keep them going when out and about?

Yep, I've two additional batteries, they were on sale for 60euro on black Friday. They say the batteries take 3 hours, but that's on 110v. 90 minutes max for me anyway.
    MarkY91 wrote:
    I'm so tempted but my last buy like this was the go pro hero 6 which I sold after travelling as I had no reason to own one in Ireland

Yeah, it's a decent bit of kit for the money and you would be able to sell it locally for basically what you paid after using it.

Take a read through the thread, there have been some issues, but most are extremely pleased with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

Hey folks just wondering if any of ye get the annoying 'Compass Interference' warning while trying to take off? I almost always get it at the start of each flight. I end up just turning it around slightly to get it to go away. Works fine in Flight, no problems there. Also calibrated the compass successfully several times and my location is rural so no real interference from anything. I manage to pick up 18 satellites. Just a bit annoying so wondering if anyone else sees this and maybe has a fix.....

Thank you for throwing some light.

I checked Hubsan drones on amazon and they are cheaper on amazon than on Gearbest for the same model.

I have checked YouTube videos today. I think i will wait for couple of months, save few more quids and get a better drone.

Xioami MI drone has the best reviews but too pricey.
    You have the hubsan h501s which is an excellent flyer for around 175euro. No moving camera gimbal but records in 1080p and takes good photos with a 16-20 minute battery.

https://m.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_264426.html?vip=2714284&gclid=CjwKCAiA9rjRBRAeEiwA2SV4Za6T6tneZzFoBd94PRgZGfUQd0_4A58UdsKKMQw6aZvyOqfOo-n3jxoCfHsQAvD_BwE

There's this for around 100euro

https://m.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_330808.html

Slightly lower quality and a smaller drone but flies nice and will take similar photos to the 501

I've had hubsan in the past, they are solid machines and are good enough on a budget. I'd also recommend picking up extra batteries for around 20euro. Shop around as they may have better deals from other Asian sellers.

Best of luck!

Julez wrote: »
    Judging by comments by other posters on this thread average seems to be 2-5 weeks. I left for 25 working days, 5 weeks to arrive. Gearbest says shipping takes 10-20 working days.

I'd say you'll get it fine alright. Mine took maybe the longest at 5 weeks, but that seemed to be the exception rather than the rule. Usually, I expect 3 weeks from China, so I reckon it won't be long more for you.

Incidentally, my tracking meant nothing. First time it worked was when I checked it AFTER I got the delivery, and I saw it had been updated the day before to say it was in the sorting office here.

It's a bit unnerving, but I think you'll be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Looks like the cold does affect the cmos sensor in the camera. After a running the first battery flat I fired in the second one. I was testing the circle point function (pretty cool) and aftwrwards noticed the video brightness was way off. Just something to be aware off in this cold weather. It's rectified itself since, once it warmed back up I suppose. Mighty cold at 500mtrs I guess! (was that high before attached video)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Not sure what you mean, would you like to edit the video?

I was replying to itec.

I thought he was asking how to post videos onto boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Right after a second try to playback footage i tried a second laptop and it plays video and stills ok. But there are two files for every video one the small mb one plays ok but the larger mb wont?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Right after a second try to playback footage i tried a second laptop and it plays video and stills ok. But there are two files for every video one the small mb one plays ok but the larger mb wont?
    Large is 4k, you're laptop can't handle it.
    Well that's what is happening with me on my mavic pro.
    About 2500 euro for a laptop that can handle 4k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

1 calendar month today - still no sign of mine, my mate ordered same time as me and got his 2 weeks ago. My bags arrived 2 weeks ago, if it doesn't arrive within next week I guess its gone AWOL

satstheway wrote:

Both should playback, you need a really good machine to edit 4k. The smaller thumbnail files are for low quality viewing while you're connected to the drone from the app.

Are you sure you pressed stop when recording prior to turning the drone/remote/app off? The file could be corrupted. It's either that or the micro SD is no good. Try recording in 1080p 30fps, it's in the camera settings within the app.

What kind of card are you using?

1 calendar month today - still no sign of mine, my mate ordered same time as me and got his 2 weeks ago. My bags arrived 2 weeks ago, if it doesn't arrive within next week I guess its gone AWOL

Some people are luckier than others :(

Hopefully it'll arrive soon

As I've posted before, mine was 5 weeks and that was probably the longest time. I'm sure you'll have yours in the next week or so. The tracking meant diddly to my order.

As tedpan said, the smaller is for previewing/viewing on the app on the phone or tablet you use while flying. The larger file is the proper 4k file. But you don't need a powerful machine to view it. You need to stop the recording before you shut down the drone, or the file gets corrupted. I got caught out like that .

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Looks like the cold does affect the cmos sensor in the camera. After a running the first battery flat I fired in the second one. I was testing the circle point function (pretty cool) and aftwrwards noticed the video brightness was way off. Just something to be aware off in this cold weather. It's rectified itself since, once it warmed back up I suppose. Mighty cold at 500mtrs I guess! (was that high before attached video)

looks like you have the EV turned up too much. By default its controlled by the right dial (gimbal is on the left).

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Both should playback, you need a really good machine to edit 4k. The smaller thumbnail files are for low quality viewing while you're connected to the drone from the app.

Are you sure you pressed stop when recording prior to turning the drone/remote/app off? The file could be corrupted. It's either that or the micro SD is no good. Try recording in 1080p 30fps, it's in the camera settings within the app.

What kind of card are you using?

Its a 64gb samgsung card.
    And definitely have it stopped recording before shutdown.
    Are you just using the computers gallery to view?

• Advertisement

beanian wrote:
    looks like you have the EV turned up too much. By default its controlled by the right dial (gimbal is on the left).

It does look like that's what it is although it could be the extreme cold??
    satstheway wrote:
    Its a 64gb samgsung card. And definitely have it stopped recording before shutdown. Are you just using the computers gallery to view?

Yep, just the gallery, you could try VLC player too. Are you sure the card is genuine, there's a lot of fake Samsung out there.

Advertisement