Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Actually apologies. It's not duty and tax insurance. I misread the help page.

https://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1229/a3021.html

They claim to offer vat insurance but it doesn't seem to be an option. I'm wondering if 3-4 day shipping is an indication that this is coming from Europe?

Still very tempting at this price..

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Weather been too cold and shyte to fly recently :(

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RonTon

Jlayay wrote: »
    Weather been too cold and shyte to fly recently :(

Got some great photo shots today , getting more used to using it now, the flying time goes very fast when trying to get good pics ,I’ll definitely order another battery soon.
    I’m not very good a getting good video clips yet but that should come with practice and I must play around with the settings a bit .
    Haven’t got to grasps of the function for circling around an object, does the camera automatically stay on point you pick on the map? And can it be cancelled easily if needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

Hey folks just wondering how ye are managing to transport these drones around? I would like to get some kind of a case/bag for it. I didn't get the storage case on Gearbest when purchasing the drone, maybe I should have!!

Lanshane wrote: »
    Hey folks just wondering how ye are managing to transport these drones around? I would like to get some kind of a case/bag for it. I didn't get the storage case on Gearbest when purchasing the drone, maybe I should have!!

I got the bag with my order ,handy for transport alright ,it’s not the best designed bag but functional, not sure what way the blades are supposed to fit when taken off, I just sit them on top .
    The bag is lightweight , if you were to try make your own try one of those cabin wheelie bags for flights ,depth might be an issue tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Lanshane wrote: »
    I ordered a Lowepro CS300 from Amazon
    Just about fits the drone and all the extra bits. Its a hard shell with lots of padding and velcro inside. Not the most comfortable when used as a packback but a decent price and protects the drone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Mine shipped out 12th and not shown up on the tracking system yet...should it be here by now? , the bag landed 24th!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Mine shipped out 12th and not shown up on the tracking system yet...should it be here by now? , the bag landed 24th!

I'm guessing you'll have it this week based on the shipping date, although some have taken up to 5 weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

PaulKK wrote: »
    This is currently 303 on lightinthebox with 2-3 day shipping.

https://m.lightinthebox.com/en/xiaomi-mi-drone-4k-wifi-fpv-with-1080p-camera-3-axis-gimbal-rc-quadcopter-rtf_p6011696.html?prm=1-2.1.92.1

Vat insurance is 6 quid meaning they will refund if you get stung.

I'm seriously tempted.

I tried to buy this the other day, but the order didn't go through because there was 'no shipping method available'. I see the processing time has now gone up from 24 hours to 4-6 days, so it seems to be unlikely that it'll be delivered in time for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭battser

PaulKK wrote: »
    This is currently 303 on lightinthebox with 2-3 day shipping.

https://m.lightinthebox.com/en/xiaomi-mi-drone-4k-wifi-fpv-with-1080p-camera-3-axis-gimbal-rc-quadcopter-rtf_p6011696.html?prm=1-2.1.92.1

Vat insurance is 6 quid meaning they will refund if you get stung.

I'm seriously tempted.

Did you pull the trigger? I was on there this morning. Was about to. Left it to have tea. Come back and its gone back to 400 again :mad:

Think we will see this come back down after xmas tho so I am gonna wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

Gearbest messing around ... opened a ticket on the 29th of November, sent the video etc and coming back every 2 days with “can you try this” “can you try that”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

lordlame wrote: »
    Gearbest messing around ... opened a ticket on the 29th of November, sent the video etc and coming back every 2 days with “can you try this” “can you try that”

paypal dispute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

I believe they can be fairly useless to deal with if something goes wrong. Unfortunately, it looks like you got a faulty one, so a Paypal dispute looks like the only way to go.

Tell them you've tried everything, and unless the refund you, or send a new one, open the Paypal dispute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

battser wrote: »
    Did you pull the trigger? I was on there this morning. Was about to. Left it to have tea. Come back and its gone back to 400 again :mad:

Think we will see this come back down after xmas tho so I am gonna wait.

I didn't. Bought a OnePlus 5t and another phone as a present in the last 2 weeks so can't justify it until after Xmas.

Gearbest Customer Support At12/06/2017 23:53:16
    Dear XXXX,

We would like to extend our apologies for this inconvenience.
    Kindly refer to our warranty policy here:http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html and terms and conditions from
    http://www.gearbest.com/about/terms-and-conditions.html

After reviewing your case, please review our possible solutions:

1)Keep the Item and accept refund on GB Wallet (store credit)
    In this case, you can keep the item and do not need to return it to us for this time.
    We can offer 50 USD on your GB wallet and exceptionally reward you with extra points (e.g. If your refund is 1USD = 2 points ,3USD=3*2 points => get 6 points etc)
    The refund will take 24 hours to process and appear in your GB wallet.
    You can use both your wallet and points to purchase your future products.
    Learn more about wallet benefits: http://www.gearbest.com/about/gb-wallet.html
    Check out how to use point :http://www.gearbest.com/about/about-points.html?157wrew

2)Refund to your payment account
    We can refund 50 USD to your original payment account.
    Please note:
    - For PayPal account refund may take 48 hours to process and appear in your paypal account.
    Can you please let me know your decision?
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards”

Gearbest Customer Service
    http://www.gearbest.com/ 

Not sure what to make of this now - I have already purchased another drone from them last week ( shipped and all )

Does that mean you only get $50 back or $50 credit ?
    I’d be wanting all credit back + $50 for my troubles

No idea .. I have opened a dispute with PayPal and will take it from there

Also - it seems the problem I encountered is more common than I once thought

Some feedback / thoughts:

Use an android device for firmware updates
    Use the cable - don’t use WiFi

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭J_V_C

Customer support zero so far, as in zero customer support.
    Clicked buy but item didn't ship until a week later.
    Week after that zippo, as in zippo, as in zilch :(
    Probably a busy time of year or somit.

I only used an Android device, and had no problems. I doubt it should make any difference if it's android or not.

Again, I only use the cable. Seems there is a bit of lag on wifi.
    J_V_C wrote: »
    Customer support zero so far, as in zero customer support.
    Clicked buy but item didn't ship until a week later.
    Week after that zippo, as in zippo, as in zilch :(
    Probably a busy time of year or somit.

That was the same for me. A lot of people got their drone in less than 3 weeks, but for me it was 5. It will arrive, just hopefully not that long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Capt. Insano

Info for those who bought from Banggood when reduced during Black-Friday week:

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago (22/11) from Banggood (as a present from my wife to me).
    It was sent via Singapore Speedpost, it arrived this morning and I was not stung by customs.

Now comes the really hard part: not opening it until Christmas Day!!

Anyone been out in the cold yet? Tempted to fly but read this in the manual.
    Do not use the device in the rain, lightning, sand dust, fog, snow, strong wind, low temperature and other adverse conditions
    Working temperature range: 0 - 40С

logistic wrote: »
    Do not use the device in the rain, lightning, sand dust, fog, snow, strong wind, low temperature and other adverse conditions

Tried it a couple of weeks ago. I was getting a message that the battery needed to come up to temperature, or something along those lines. Wouldn't let me fly anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

435640.jpg

Near where I live, 500mtrs ↑
    First time I had it that high up.

435640.jpg

Nice view. But 500 meters up?

435640.jpg

Going to be some nice views this weekend to be capture.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Nice view. But 500 meters up?

Correct. The flight recorder says the same. (you had me doubting myself....ft vs mtrs!)

435646.png
    Going to be some nice views this weekend to be capture.

Yeap have the second battery and mem card so hope to get some more this weekend.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

logistic wrote:
    Anyone been out in the cold yet? Tempted to fly but read this in the manual. Do not use the device in the rain, lightning, sand dust, fog, snow, strong wind, low temperature and other adverse conditions Working temperature range: 0 - 40С

Yep, haven't had any issues. It may get a bit colder over the weekend, be careful although can't imagine anything stopping you.

Near where I live, 500mtrs ↑ First time I had it that high up.

Nice shot, it's amazing how fast it reaches max altitude.

Glad people are enjoying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Don't forget about the adiabatic lapse rate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Tried a quick test flight and record.

Put the card in laptop but it will mot recognise the file. What program do I need to view or edit.
    Any links to the software.

Advertisement