Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RonTon

The order got cancelled for some reason for the sd card from Boots ,lucky me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

You'd really want a class 10 card too. I think tedpan linked to one the got from memoryc.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Sorry to read about your crash KKV :(

Mine arrived today, exactly 2week from order. Just did all the firmware updates. Will take her out tomorrow if weather is decent.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Sorry to read about your crash KKV

Yeah, it wasn't the best flight ever for kkv... :(
    Mine arrived today, exactly 2week from order. Just did all the firmware updates. Will take her out tomorrow if weather is decent.

That's great news, nice and quick.

If you're taking it out tomorrow, make sure you are in a wide open space. Once in the air, you'll realise how well it flies. Take it slow, get used to it and then go fast after!

Give me a shout if you have any questions..

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Anonamoose

What is the Best site to order off shipping from European Warehouse from everyone's experience. Ready to pull the trigger on one of these.

• Advertisement

Anonamoose wrote:
    What is the Best site to order off shipping from European Warehouse from everyone's experience. Ready to pull the trigger on one of these.

Not sure, think the majority have got their's shipped from China on Gearbest. No issues with customs and delivery has been within two weeks for the last few orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Ordered one of these from TomTop as a Christmas present, on November 8th.

The order is marked as 'dispatched' but UPS tracking lists it as 'awaiting pickup' a week later. The broken English response I got from customer support indicates delays out of Hong Kong.

I'm tempted to cancel.... anyone experience such delays with TomTop in the past?.

ArthurG wrote: »

The order is marked as 'dispatched' but UPS tracking lists it as 'awaiting pickup' a week later. The broken English response I got from customer support indicates delays out of Hong Kong.

I'm tempted to cancel.... anyone experience such delays with TomTop in the past?.

I ordered from Gearbest, and it took a week for it to ship. The tracking number I had meant nothing really. Took 5 weeks to arrive.

I know that doesn't relate much to you, but what I am kinda iffy about for you is customs. Gearbest ship in a way that customs don't get charged ( in the case of this drone, anyway ). With Toptop, I don't think they have the same shipping system. You could have a bill of around €100 when it arrives at your door.

I could be wrong about this, though. Someone with better experience with Tomtop may be able to help you.

ArthurG wrote:

I could be wrong about this, though. Someone with better experience with Tomtop may be able to help you.

Unfortunately I haven't from tomtop either. I know the boardsie "SuckIt" has the most dealings with tomtop. Maybe he could advise..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

I ordered from Gearbest, and it took a week for it to ship. The tracking number I had meant nothing really. Took 5 weeks to arrive.

I know that doesn't relate much to you, but what I am kinda iffy about for you is customs. Gearbest ship in a way that customs don't get charged ( in the case of this drone, anyway ). With Toptop, I don't think they have the same shipping system. You could have a bill of around €100 when it arrives at your door.

Thanks, might just be a lenghty delivery process.

TT do claim on their website that all customs charges are paid for, so I'll give it a few more days before escalating.

• Advertisement

ArthurG wrote:
    TT do claim on their website that all customs charges are paid for, so I'll give it a few more days before escalating.

Yeah it's the downside to buying in Asia. Their customer service is pretty poor - talking for all suppliers of course..

ArthurG wrote: »

Ahh, that's not too bad so. No nasty surprises.

Hopefully you're tracking number will show movement soon.

Can't get it to calibrate the compass. Any tips??

Edit:
    Never mind, figured it out. Man, this thing can haul ass

Edit: Never mind, figured it out. Man, this thing can haul ass

Yeah, the first time calibrating can take several attempts, but then it doesn't have to be done again!

Glad you're enjoying it, an awesome machine!

All the beginner settings are default, but you can change the speed and range settings under the GPS tab in the app.

I switched off the beginner settings pretty quick. Big difference.

What's the usb dongle that came with it for btw?

I switched off the beginner settings pretty quick. Big difference.

Nice one! How did you find it, have fun?!
    What's the usb dongle that came with it for btw?

That's if you don't want to use the usb cable. You can connect your phone to the controller via WiFi. I really like the charging feature and don't mind the cable and usb tethering.

Up to you I spose.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

Hi,

Pulled the trigger and got one for 332, fingers crossed on customs!!

Can someone link to an sd card that will definitely record 4k without issues on this bad boy? 4k Sd cards are a bit of a minefield.

Thanks.

Edit:
    Will this do for 4k 60 fps?

https://www.mymemory.ie/samsung-64gb-evo-plus-micro-sd-card-sdxc-adapter-100mb-s.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhom4zvDD1wIVS7ftCh1JvgrREAQYBSABEgLXqfD_BwE

Edit: Will this do for 4k 60 fps?

It has two options for 4k

2160p at 30FPS
    1440p at 60FPS

Get a class 10 card at minimum, the faster the better. Standard class 10 cards work at 4k during testing.

Nice one, I paid 100euro more only 3 months ago, you'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭JimFin

Hi,

Can someone link to an sd card that will definitely record 4k without issues on this bad boy? 4k Sd cards are a bit of a minefield.

Thanks.

Edit:

https://www.mymemory.ie/samsung-64gb-evo-plus-micro-sd-card-sdxc-adapter-100mb-s.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhom4zvDD1wIVS7ftCh1JvgrREAQYBSABEgLXqfD_BwE

How did you get it for 332? Its showing up for me as 343 with US plug or 352 with CN plug?

Also what's the diff, which plug shoud we go for in Irl?

JimFin wrote:
    How did you get it for 332? Its showing up for me as 343 with US plug or 352 with CN plug?

There's a discount code a page or two back.
    JimFin wrote:
    Also what's the diff, which plug shoud we go for in Irl?

Makes no difference, it will ship with an adapter and the charger works worldwide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭JimFin

tedpan wrote: »
    There's a discount code a page or two back.

Makes no difference, it will ship with an adapter and the charger works worldwide.

Thanks Tedpan. Unfortunately the most recent code on here has expired.

JimFin wrote:
    Thanks Tedpan. Unfortunately the most recent code on here has expired.

No worries.

Hmmmm, maybe Gimpotronitus can advise?

No worries.

Hmmmm, maybe Gimpotronitus can advise?

Hey, I ordered it November 5th.

Just getting around to ordering the SD card now. As others have said there is a code in the thread.

If not, maybe wait until a possible Black Friday deal?

Hi,

Thanks.

Edit:

I think that's the exact one i got, but from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XFZV9JY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When recording, the files, in my case anyway, split into 5 min segments. Once, and only once mind you, one of the segments got corrupted, and wouldn't play. Apart from that, it's spot on.

Hey, I ordered it November 5th.

Just getting around to ordering the SD card now. As others have said there is a code in the thread.

If not, maybe wait until a possible Black Friday deal?

Yep. Always worth a wait. I know some people say that prices are raised before the sale, so it looks like a bargain, but no harm in looking anyway.

When recording, the files, in my case anyway, split into 5 min segments. Once, and only once mind you, one of the segments got corrupted, and wouldn't play. Apart from that, it's spot on.

That's usually down to unplugging the battery prior to ending the recording and the file is not finalised. I haven't had any corrupted footage unless I forgot to press stop!

That's usually down to unplugging the battery prior to ending the recording and the file is not finalised. I haven't had any corrupted footage unless I forgot to press stop!

That's strange. I have only one battery, and never take it out until I get home so I can recharge it. Plus, as force of habit, I always shut down the remote, and then the drone, and finally the phone/tablet, before I pack everything away. I've learned due to my own stupid mistakes to return the sd card back into the gimbal after downloading the video files.

With a lot of tech going on, I just put it down to one of those things.

Mind you, forgetting to press stop would be very possible in my case.

Ordered November 5th, arrived today. So two weeks. No customs either.

Will have some fun later :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

Ordered November 5th, arrived today. So two weeks. No customs either.

Will have some fun later :)

Same here. Thing is I am waiting for a 64 gig SD card to come in the post. I just didn't think the drone would arrive so promptly. I have a 2gb lying around, could I plug that in just to get it flying and replace it with the proper one when it arrives? Plus the firmware update, where exactly is that being installed does anybody know?

Advertisement